For those who think we need a full back before forwards

NE5

Not that I would ever actively seek to be controversial, but is it outwith the realms of reality that possibly, if Sam Allardyce is appointed our next manager, he may actually try and play different systems to those he used at Bolton? Or is that just me being a fantasist again?

He might, but they do get stuck in their ways and tend to go with what they know and trust. So it's far from certain and a definite gamble. His record isn't that good, imo. As I've said, he's been managing a club with much lower expectations and that makes a difference.

Can you tell me who we should appoint?

Realisticaly...

I just want to know your opinion about this.

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

who needs a manager when the fat pig is already the manager

mackems.gif

Can you please tell me who is your favourite and who do you think should be the new manager of Newcastle United?

And please dont say someone who died years ago.

I just want to hear your opinion.

Not that I would ever actively seek to be controversial, but is it outwith the realms of reality that possibly, if Sam Allardyce is appointed our next manager, he may actually try and play different systems to those he used at Bolton? Or is that just me being a fantasist again?

He might, but they do get stuck in their ways and tend to go with what they know and trust. So it's far from certain and a definite gamble. His record isn't that good, imo. As I've said, he's been managing a club with much lower expectations and that makes a difference.

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

mackems.gif

Can you please tell me who is your favourite and who do you think should be the new manager of Newcastle United?

Me, Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, and Kevin Keegan. Maybe in that order, I'm not sure.

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

mackems.gif

Me, Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, and Kevin Keegan. Maybe in that order, I'm not sure.

You are serious as HTL

I guess someone else should ask you to see your opinion on that matter

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

mackems.gif

You are serious as HTL

the answer would be the same, probably.

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

mackems.gif

You are serious as HTL

Why?

Cant you answer this question in a serious way?

Everybody on this forum said who wants to be our new manager.

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

mackems.gif

You are serious as HTL

Why?

I have answered it.

I believe in the club. I think people such as Ferguson, Wenger should be made to believe in the club. I would tell them that success for Newcastle United would reward them in more than monetary terms but in football rewards more than any other job, they would be idolised forever, as Shankly was to Liverpool. I would tell them that if they succeed in managing Newcastle United, it would be success in one of the greatest footballing cities in the world, where it is a one city club, and everybody supports the local football, where people live, eat and sleep football.

The trouble with Newcastle United - and I know you won't believe me - is that it has hibernated for decades and has only in the last 15 years woken up. It badly needs a trophy, and it could with the right leadership build on that, which would lift serious mental pressure and help to instill the required belief and will to win mentality, then go on to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, and I would ask them, do you want to be that man ? Forget manutd and their Alton Towers brigade of fans, and plastic people from all over the country without the moral fibre to support their football team, Newcastle United is a football club that belongs to the people of Newcastle, and you are the man we want to give it to them.  You are the person who can build this club into a great club and a dynasty to last for decades, like Shankly did.

Happy ?

The biggest tragedy ever, is when Keegan left Newcastle. If we had won that league in 1996, we would now be one of those biggest clubs in the world.

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

mackems.gif

You are serious as HTL

Why?

I have answered it.

I believe in the club. I think people such as Ferguson, Wenger should be made to believe in the club. I would tell them that success for Newcastle United would reward them in more than monetary terms but in football rewards more than any other job, they would be idolised forever, as Shankly was to Liverpool. I would tell them that if they succeed in managing Newcastle United, it would be success in one of the greatest footballing cities in the world, where it is a one city club, and everybody supports the local football, where people live, eat and sleep football.

The trouble with Newcastle United - and I know you won't believe me - is that it has hibernated for decades and has only in the last 15 years woken up. It badly needs a trophy, and it could with the right leadership build on that, which would lift serious mental pressure and help to instill the required belief and will to win mentality, then go on to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, and I would ask them, do you want to be that man ? Forget manutd and their Alton Towers brigade of fans, and plastic people from all over the country without the moral fibre to support their football team, Newcastle United is a football club that belongs to the people of Newcastle, and you are the man we want to give it to them.  You are the person who can build this club into a great club and a dynasty to last for decades, like Shankly did.

Happy ?

The biggest tragedy ever, is when Keegan left Newcastle. If we had won that league in 1996, we would now be one of those biggest clubs in the world.

Agree with you about the city,the fans and that if any manager had won some trophy at Newcastle he would have been remembered forever.

But i didnt understand which manager do you think should become the new manager of Newcastle United?

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

mackems.gif

You are serious as HTL

Why?

I have answered it.

Happy ?

Agree with you about the city,the fans and that if any manager had won some trophy at Newcastle he would have been remembered forever.

But i didnt understand which manager do you think should become the new manager of Newcastle United?

I can't see a young Ferguson anywhere.

Not yet anyway.

I am happy with Allardyce, as I first said I wanted him when Bobby Robson went. It is his chance to join the trophy winners, if he hadn't been given it by us, he would have got it somewhere else.

Nothing is guaranteed, although I was always sure that Ferguson would succeed, and also Clough when he started out at Hartlepool.

The manager who wins the first cup will be idolised, and I only hope it is someone who deserves it, unlike Souness who could have done it, which would have been the biggest travesty ever as nobody has deserved to win a cup more than Keegan, and nobody more deserved to be booted over the Tyne Bridge with a brick tied to his bollocks more than Souness.

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

mackems.gif

I didn't say, "someone who died years ago," I said "Joe Harvey."

Happy ?

Man, that was beautiful. I just welled up reading that. Beautiful. :thup:

NE5 for Chairman.  :D

Happy ?

Man, that was beautiful. I just welled up reading that. Beautiful. :thup:

NE5 for Chairman.  :D

he thought I was kidding  ;D

NE5 what do you think will happen in the city and what will change at the club if we win some trophy?

Just want to hear your opinion

I would enjoy it, milk it for all its worth, having waited for decades, most of which was spent getting nowhere near such heights, up until 1992, then get magnificently, superbly, fantastically, mingingly, heavenly pissed, so much so that I would be unconcious in a gutter somewhere, and celebrate in a fashion that I've never done before and never will again.

And I have a feeling that most of the 15000 supporters like me who supported the club when we had a shite board would do exactly the same.

NE5 what do you think will happen in the city and what will change at the club if we win some trophy?

I would enjoy it, milk it for all its worth, having waited for decades, most of which was spent getting nowhere near such heights, up until 1992, then get magnificently, superbly, fantastically, mingingly, heavenly pissed, so much so that I would be unconcious in a gutter somewhere, and celebrate in a fashion that I've never done before and never will again.

And I have a feeling that most of the 15000 supporters like me who supported the club when we had a shite board would do exactly the same.

I just hope I live long enough. Anyway, at least I've seen us parading a trophy on an open top bus, nearly 40 years ago.

Most of those 40 years was far more frustrating than now because good players worth building a team around left for more ambitious clubs like West Ham and Middlesboro, for example. We'd do ok, get to a point where crowds were up a bit and team wasn't bad, just 2 or 3 signings and we could challenge for the top 6 (note challenge for the top 6) but no, they'd sell our best player or two instead.

It's all been said before but it is so far removed from how the club is run today that people simply don't believe it's true.

What do you think will change as far as the football club is concern?

Do you think that if we win some trophy the board should go for bigger things,spend more money on transfers?

Do you think that wining a trophy will change our football club in any way-good or bad?

What do you think?

What do you think will change as far as the football club is concern?

Do you think that if we win some trophy the board should go for bigger things,spend more money on transfers?

Do you think that wining a trophy will change our football club in any way-good or bad?

What do you think?

you probably haven't noticed, but the board could hardly spend any more on transfers. They have been among the top spenders in the past 15 years already. Previous to that, you probably won't believe this, but we were among the biggest sellers.

I think I said earlier, that winning a cup would ease the pressure on the club to do such a thing and hopefully develop more of an expectancy to win more in the future. I remember in 1969, after the club won the Fairs Cup, the players played with an extra zip and belief, but it didn't last because the club had shite directors who weren't prepared to build on it by backing their manager.

That would not happen with this board, they will attempt to build on it by backing their manager. They have shown already they will back their managers fully in the transfer market.

Newcastle United is a football club that belongs to the people of Newcastle

I used to think like that in my teens to mid 20's, I now  think the City belongs to the people of Newcastle. As for Newcastle United if anyone wants to join us locals in supporting this lot then thats great welcome to this rocky & painful path your about join us on.