For those who think we need a full back before forwards

NE5

Just as a quick poll are all the people who are clamouring for a left back the same people clamouring for Allardyce?

If so, what do they think of Bolton's defensive record this season?

Surely with more goals conceded than us, Allardyce has been focussed on scoring goals and not the other way round?

As you said yesterday, it will be interesting to see where the new manager, he or whoever, concentrates the bulk of his summer spending.

The one thing I am surprised about is that nobody has criticised the "timing".....or rather admitted that - in their view anyway judged by their comments made previously - the "timing" is quite good, as they think it is relevant.

Lets hope Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger don't suddenly become available in September

Allardyce will need a new striker though as there isn't anyone on the books who can play his long ball football, as we've witnessed this season with the ammount we've played.

Loads of Bolton's goals have been poached in a way that Owen could do too. He needs a big striker though to play the long ball game, Darren Bent for me. There are others on here and on TT who insist he doesnt always play this way though.

He may sort out emre's injury problems too which would be a bonus. 

I think alongside Craig Bellamy, Owen would have been brilliant and the nearest possible replacement for Shearer.

We need a partner for him, one who plays outside the box and creates situations and makes things happen in that area of the field, that is the important thing. I can't see Martins as this sort of player.

Someone like Tevez would be awesome.

I'd like to see Martins next season when the pressure is off with another quality striker in the squad. Tevez has been sensational in keeping the hammmers up. Shows good character that aswell.

Just as a quick poll are all the people who are clamouring for a left back the same people clamouring for Allardyce?

Surely with more goals conceded than us, Allardyce has been focussed on scoring goals and not the other way round?

As you said yesterday, it will be interesting to see where the new manager, he or whoever, concentrates the bulk of his summer spending.

The one thing I am surprised about is that nobody has criticised the "timing".....or rather admitted that - in their view anyway judged by their comments made previously - the "timing" is quite good, as they think it is relevant.

Lets hope Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger don't suddenly become available in September

Allardyce will need a new striker though as there isn't anyone on the books who can play his long ball football, as we've witnessed this season with the ammount we've played.

Loads of Bolton's goals have been poached in a way that Owen could do too. He needs a big striker though to play the long ball game, Darren Bent for me. There are others on here and on TT who insist he doesnt always play this way though.

Darren Bent isn't really the sort of big man he'd be looking for as his hold up play is pretty poor, he's more likely to go for Eidur Gudjohnsen or Peter Crouch if the money is available.

A      N      E      L     K     A. :smitten:

Anelka played that role at Man City quite well although big Sam prefers to have him play a deeper role.

I also can't see  Bolton selling him cheap after Sam walked out on them for us.

Darren Bent isn't really the sort of big man he'd be looking for as his hold up play is pretty poor, he's more likely to go for Eidur Gudjohnsen or Peter Crouch if the money is available.

Obsessed.  ;)

Obsessed.  ;)

YOu know it. :lol:

Anelka played that role at Man City quite well although big Sam prefers to have him play a deeper role.

I also can't see  Bolton selling him cheap after Sam walked out on them for us.

It isn't beyong the realms of imagination that Gartside will not cause too much trouble if Sam has already agreed to buy Anelka off him. Just guessing like. ;)  Would be £10m ish...

Nicolas wants away and would imo be ideal for Owen.

NE5 showing his age again, feel less guilty when I donate to "help the aged".

you have a job  mackems.gif

Very good one thanks...

"You want fries with that?"

Been told I am very close to getting my 5th star now! So ner!

You don't even see the irony in your own post and the reference to catchphrases do you HTL? :lol:

Jesus! Of course I do. I was laughing as I was writing the post. You should have realised that was likely to be the case but as you've had the arrogance to pass judgement that I'm stupid the thought would never have crossed your mind.

Of course you would never question someone's intelligence would you? What was that about arrogance?  :rolleyes:

When did I make that claim?

I seriously doubt such comment is made by me as often as you would like to believe, however I do realise I mentioned "brain cell" today to your mate and as a result you've become upset about it and obsessed with me all day. So how long do you plan to hijack threads and stalk me because of this terrible thing I did? Just give me an idea so I know when I can expect to stop laughing at you.

By the way, I now realise you're not a new member after all. I honestly hadn't noticed you until today. I apologise for that.

You may now have the last word. I have little interest in clogging up the thread with any more exchanges with you.

:coolsmiley:

Baggio, i know you were saying Crouch is Big sam's sort of player but do you rate him?

Yes, Crouch is an excellent player who has proved a lot of people wrong since he's been at Liverpool.

He's the big man up top that Allardyce likes to use, he's not great in the air but he'll win the majority of headers because of his height, his first touch is excellent as is his hold up play, the only downside to him is he isn't that mobile.

Allardyce will be looking to play a front 3 and I think Crouch would be excellent at the front of it.

Guest Geordiesned

You don't even see the irony in your own post and the reference to catchphrases do you HTL? :lol:

Jesus! Of course I do. I was laughing as I was writing the post. You should have realised that was likely to be the case but as you've had the arrogance to pass judgement that I'm stupid the thought would never have crossed your mind.

Of course you would never question someone's intelligence would you? What was that about arrogance?  :rolleyes:

When did I make that claim?

I seriously doubt such comment is made by me as often as you would like to believe, however I do realise I mentioned "brain cell" today to your mate and as a result you've become upset about it and obsessed with me all day. So how long do you plan to hijack threads and stalk me because of this terrible thing I did? Just give me an idea so I know when I can expect to stop laughing at you.

By the way, I now realise you're not a new member after all. I honestly hadn't noticed you until today. I apologise for that.

You may now have the last word. I have little interest in clogging up the thread with any more exchanges with you.

:coolsmiley:

Well you've answered your own question really. Let's not pretend it's a one off shall we. (and before you ask no I'm not going to trawl through thread after thread to quote you examples)

Oh, and I'm not upset. You've actually brightened up my day. I was going to stick Early Doors on but this has been much funnier! :lol:

Baggio, i know you were saying Crouch is Big sam's sort of player but do you rate him?

Yes, Crouch is an excellent player who has proved a lot of people wrong since he's been at Liverpool.

He's the big man up top that Allardyce likes to use, he's not great in the air but he'll win the majority of headers because of his height, his first touch is excellent as is his hold up play, the only downside to him is he isn't that mobile.

Allardyce will be looking to play a front 3 and I think Crouch would be excellent at the front of it.

Well as you're a good judge of player, its interesting to hear you say that. In the context of Allardyce and the other forwards we have at the club Crouch could be the addition we need. Certainly going to be the same price as Anelka / Bent.

Not that I would ever actively seek to be controversial, but is it outwith the realms of reality that possibly, if Sam Allardyce is appointed our next manager, he may actually try and play different systems to those he used at Bolton? Or is that just me being a fantasist again?

Not that I would ever actively seek to be controversial, but is it outwith the realms of reality that possibly, if Sam Allardyce is appointed our next manager, he may actually try and play different systems to those he used at Bolton? Or is that just me being a fantasist again?

its not like you to make a footballing comment, especially a half decent one, numbnuts

He might, but they do get stuck in their ways and tend to go with what they know and trust. So it's far from certain and a definite gamble. His record isn't that good, imo. As I've said, he's been managing a club with much lower expectations and that makes a difference.

He might, but they do get stuck in their ways and tend to go with what they know and trust. So it's far from certain and a definite gamble. His record isn't that good, imo. As I've said, he's been managing a club with much lower expectations and that makes a difference.

Can you tell me who we should appoint?

Realisticaly...

I just want to know your opinion about this.

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

:lol:

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

:lol:

I can just picture the wiki taking a hammering right now.....  ;)

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Frank Watt ftw.

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Frank Watt ftw.

Bob Paisley. blueyes.gif

its not like you to make a footballing comment, especially a half decent one, numbnuts

I'll take that as flattery in the most sincere manner possible. Thank you. :D

Realisticaly...

Joe Harvey.

Can you be serious?

who needs a manager when the fat pig is already the manager

mackems.gif

OK, so we've got great expectations of each new manager, but they always seem to fail one way or t'other, apart from (in my recent memory) Keegan and Robson. The key to finding the success we all crave for must surely be to understand exactly why various managers (some with great records, others with fine ambitions or others simply with the best of intentions) keep failing?

It's a conundrum.

I'll take that as flattery in the most sincere manner possible. Thank you. :D

You're welcome. I did my best.