For those who think we need a full back before forwards

NE5

how could i when i live in Sydney! smartarse

According to grandfather NE5 and some other mentalists on this board you cant have opinion about Newcastle and the team unless you have been on the stadium watching the team live

According to grandfather NE5 and some other mentalists on this board you cant have opinion about Newcastle and the team unless you have been on the stadium watching the team live

Making stuff up again, I see.

It won't become a fact because you say it a lot, you know.

I wasnt refering to you genius.

Calm down.

Whos making stuff up, what are you on about!

Whos making stuff up, what are you on about!

Well I replied to a post and quoted it.

A combination of watching the game live in the stadium and watching the same game on TV later can be a very educational experience.

of course it is. The sky pundits, especially the likes of Jamie Redknapp,  know all about Newcastle United, and have no bias whatsoever.

So what they say is correct, every time. Particularly if they say Oba Martins is a top player, because he's scored a few spectacular goals on the telly, and we have a "bad defence because Newcastle have always had a bad defence ever since the days of Keegan".

Are you somehow suggesting that the pundits are perpetuating the myth of Newcastle having a shoddy defence which is actually the 6th best defence in the world?

Classically ludicrous over-exaggeration.

Putting words into others' mouth-tastic!

I completely agree.

I'm surprised at you having a snipe at one of your chums for that bit of spam though.

I'm not in the least bit surprised. It was only a bit of banter. Which of course, you have willfully misinterpreted into something more than what it was.

Considering what you've been posting AFTER this one I think irony is definitely the word of the day.....

:clap: Well done.

Waiting for your chum(s) .........

Guest Geordiesned

You're like bloody Larry Grayson with all your catchphrases!

You're like a bloody soft poodle with your tongue halfway up your mate.

mackems.gif

Well, at least it's a new one!

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Well you are a new member.

BTW What is the old one?

Guest Geordiesned

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

BTW What is the old one?

New member? Yes of course I am!  :rolleyes:

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

BTW What is the old one?

Couldn't manage the complete post then?

Guest Geordiesned

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

BTW What is the old one?

Nope I could have managed it fine, I was trying to draw out one of your many catchphrases. I didn't have to try too hard! :lol:

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

BTW What is the old one?

Nope I could have managed it fine, I was trying to draw out one of your many catchphrases. I didn't have to try too hard! :lol:

Catchphrase.....

mackems.gif mackems.gif

You can't have as good a view of the game, and any comments you make on the game should be read with that taken into account.

On a related note - since you love the idea of digging up old posts to see whether people have been fickle/changed their minds etc - I was just wondering whether it had ever happened to you? Have you ever changed your mind on anything? Ever?

Or were you born a know-it-all, someone whose opinion was right then, is right now and will be right forever more?

mackems.gif

Funnier by the minute. You should read your own stuff before aiming that kind of comment toward someone else. BTW Aren't you supposed to be in your 40's?

Point of information - I'm 33.

:razz:

On a related note - since you love the idea of digging up old posts to see whether people have been fickle/changed their minds etc - I was just wondering whether it had ever happened to you? Have you ever changed your mind on anything? Ever?

Or were you born a know-it-all, someone whose opinion was right then, is right now and will be right forever more?

mackems.gif

Funnier by the minute. You should read your own stuff before aiming that kind of comment toward someone else. BTW Aren't you supposed to be in your 40's?

Old enough to spot the irony and old enough to have taken my post as it was meant.

mackems.gif

Old enough to spot the irony and old enough to have taken my post as it was meant.

You really can be a patronising old git sometimes, you know that? What does age have to do with my ability to comprehend one of your turgid incomprehensible rants? Nothing.

A combination of watching the game live in the stadium and watching the same game on TV later can be a very educational experience.

of course it is. The sky pundits, especially the likes of Jamie Redknapp,  know all about Newcastle United, and have no bias whatsoever.

So what they say is correct, every time. Particularly if they say Oba Martins is a top player, because he's scored a few spectacular goals on the telly, and we have a "bad defence because Newcastle have always had a bad defence ever since the days of Keegan".

Are you somehow suggesting that the pundits are perpetuating the myth of Newcastle having a shoddy defence which is actually the 6th best defence in the world?

find where I said that or anything like it ?

The same "shoddy defence" which has a pretty decent defensive record this season, despite spending far too many games up against it through the hopeless players in front of them conceding ground and forcing them on the back foot. Obviously, looking at the posts on some of the NUFC boards, too many people have indeed been listening to these people, who are quite happy knowing they are actually half convincing half hearted Newcastle fans that they know what they are talking about, because deep down they are happy to keep us in the position we are in, knowing that we would wipe their arses with their own little cockney tosspot teams the day we finally get our act together. As we did when Keegan was manager. Which is why they slate him and the fact he "won nowt". Laughable, and showing a complete lack of appreciation of where this club was when he walked through the door.

Which sort of proves my point completely.

No, you misunderstand me - I admit perhaps dropping in the reference to 6th best defence in the world was a tongue-in-cheek comment - but you're right that there's a great many of us who find it difficult to live with being ridiculed for having a shite defence, let alone having to watch it week in week out. But the main point you make about the midfielders being weak is spot on. We haven't had a decent midfield performance since Gary Speed left us, and even well before that I'd say.

Well, I don't think its such a shite defence, as a shite attack, with players who are underachieving and unbalanced. I think defending starts from the front, with good possession and the footballing ability to gain the initiative.

I can accept what you say about the "6th best defence", and the hidden implication of me having said that "only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us" [which is still the case, and is a damn sight better than about 20 teams qualifying more than us which was the situation the current board found us in when they took over the club] but still thought better of you. This was supposed to be a decent debate, not a repetition of the stupid comments made by some of the wankers on toontastic.

I think that Nicky Butt has eventually proved to be a worthy replacement for Gary Speed, as I thought he would, and the problem is in other areas. But that is just my opinion. I also think that the midfield we had when Rob Lee played was as good as anyone, he himself being the best English central midfield player in the premiership between about 1995 and 1999, 2nd only to Roy Keane.

:angel: Wept

You are the new Bill Shankly

Our defence is more shit then our attack

Genius :clap:

Genius :clap:

Grandfather NE5 for England

your video card must be faulty.

BTW, your silly comments re Grandfather etc, do you no credit, not that I think you talked any sense anyway. And I'm not a Grandfather I'm the same age as Glenn Roeder.

You can't have as good a view of the game, and any comments you make on the game should be read with that taken into account.

is it possible that NUFC06 is really thompers and not really from Bulgaria and watching the game with high powered binoculars ?

Actually, probably not, I quite liked the banter with thompers, who is a miss and sometimes had a bit of a clue.

mackems.gif

You really can be a patronising old git sometimes, you know that? What does age have to do with my ability to comprehend one of your turgid incomprehensible rants? Nothing.

Patronising! Wot patronising? It's a legitimate comment based on your ridiculous reaction in this thread to what was obviously a joke. Even if you didn't really find it funny, it was obvious it wasn't serious and meant no harm or insult. Yet you've been unable to do anything other than throw your toys out of the pram.

Your problem is you can only recognise and take a joke from your "chums".

is it possible that NUFC06 is really thompers and not really from Bulgaria and watching the game with high powered binoculars ?

Actually, probably not, I quite liked the banter with thompers, who is a miss and sometimes had a bit of a clue.

I doubt he's thompers, he knew what he was talking about even when people didn't agree with him. Should never have been banned.

mackems.gif

Patronising! Wot patronising? It's a legitimate comment based on your ridiculous reaction in this thread to what was obviously a joke. Even if you didn't really find it funny, it was obvious it wasn't serious and meant no harm or insult. Yet you've been unable to do anything other than throw your toys out of the pram.

Your problem is you can only recognise and take a joke from your "chums".

To be fair, I can't recognise or take a joke from my "chums" either.

I doubt he's thompers, he knew what he was talking about even when people didn't agree with him. Should never have been banned.

If he wasnt so stupid he wouldn't have been banned.