For those who think we need a full back before forwards

NE5

Guest alex

What's the word from Leazes? Big Sam a top boss?

ah, Alex has appeared. I bet you are dead keen to back up your mates when they all say the backed Souness selling Bellamy and Robert, and spending 50m quid, as most of them still appear to think this.

Wound-up nicely :lol:

Just as a quick poll are all the people who are clamouring for a left back the same people clamouring for Allardyce?

If so, what do they think of Bolton's defensive record this season?

Surely with more goals conceded than us, Allardyce has been focussed on scoring goals and not the other way round?

As you said yesterday, it will be interesting to see where the new manager, he or whoever, concentrates the bulk of his summer spending.

The one thing I am surprised about is that nobody has criticised the "timing".....or rather admitted that - in their view anyway judged by their comments made previously - the "timing" is quite good, as they think it is relevant.

Lets hope Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger don't suddenly become available in September

Allardyce will need a new striker though as there isn't anyone on the books who can play his long ball football, as we've witnessed this season with the ammount we've played.

Aye, well done Freddie! It's only taken you 10 years and 5 sackings but you've finally got the timing right. O0

ah, Alex has appeared. I bet you are dead keen to back up your mates when they all say the backed Souness selling Bellamy and Robert, and spending 50m quid, as most of them still appear to think this.

Wrong again.

Guest alex

Wrong again.

Top answer.

Guest Geordiesned

You don't even see the irony in your own post and the reference to catchphrases do you HTL? :lol:

Jesus! Of course I do. I was laughing as I was writing the post. You should have realised that was likely to be the case but as you've had the arrogance to pass judgement that I'm stupid the thought would never have crossed your mind.

Of course you would never question someone's intelligence would you? What was that about arrogance?  :rolleyes:

Just as a quick poll are all the people who are clamouring for a left back the same people clamouring for Allardyce?

Surely with more goals conceded than us, Allardyce has been focussed on scoring goals and not the other way round?

As you said yesterday, it will be interesting to see where the new manager, he or whoever, concentrates the bulk of his summer spending.

The one thing I am surprised about is that nobody has criticised the "timing".....or rather admitted that - in their view anyway judged by their comments made previously - the "timing" is quite good, as they think it is relevant.

Lets hope Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger don't suddenly become available in September

Allardyce will need a new striker though as there isn't anyone on the books who can play his long ball football, as we've witnessed this season with the ammount we've played.

Aye, well done Freddie! It's only taken you 10 years and 5 sackings but you've finally got the timing right. O0

I saw your post about the club sacking Robson and having nobody lined up. This is wrong BTW, they did. And it wasn't Steve Bruce.

I didn't see too many people shouting for Dalglish and Gullit to be sacked in those 2 summers either, did you ?

If the new manager is appointed soon, and has the whole summer, and fails, will you admit that the timing is irrelevant and it is the choice that is important ?

Wrong again.

Top answer.

And the correct one, as usual

is it page 10 already?  How time flies when you're scrolling through miles of quoted text. 

For the record, 10 pages later, we need both fullbacks and forwards, but the conditions surrounding the needs of both are so very subjective to the style of play our next manager brings that it's pointless arguing which one ahead of the other now. 

As if something being pointless has ever stopped anyone on this forum before.  See you lot again on page 20, maybe we'll have a manager by then.

Guest alex

Wrong again.

Top answer.

And the correct one, as usual

Whatever you say Boss.

What are you staring at? :knuppel2:

:morph:

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the auld man behind you who was foaming at the mouth. Answers to the name of NE5.

I saw your post about the club sacking Robson and having nobody lined up. This is wrong BTW, they did. And it wasn't Steve Bruce.

I didn't see too many people shouting for Dalglish and Gullit to be sacked in those 2 summers either, did you ?

That's right, they had a replacement that only you know about and you can't tell anyone as it's top secret. :idiot2:

Tbh I can't remember peoples feelings towards Dalglish and Gullit throughout the summer before they were sacked, although isn't it a chairman's job to lead and not follow? You seem to be suggesting they weren't sacked as fans didn't shout for them to be.

That's right, they had a replacement that only you know about and you can't tell anyone as it's top secret. :idiot2:

Tbh I can't remember peoples feelings towards Dalglish and Gullit throughout the summer before they were sacked, although isn't it a chairman's job to lead and not follow? You seem to be suggesting they weren't sacked as fans didn't shout for them to be.

Well yes, it is obvious that I can't say.

I distinctly remember even a week before Gullit left, people were backing him hugely.

If Dalglish had won the FA Cup Final, even boring the arse off the world doing it, he also would have had more time. Which proves something about Allardyce actually and to those who object to the type of football Bolton have been playing.

Guest Geordiesned

What are you staring at? :knuppel2:

:morph:

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the auld man behind you who was foaming at the mouth. Answers to the name of NE5.

I know mate (sorry I mean "chum"  :razz:). He didn't respond though as he was too busy flicking through the A to Z in the library to see if he recognised any street names.

:fight:

Guest Alex20

You don't get points for scoring, however you do get points for keeping a clean sheet.

Besides, how can you score when the ball never leaves our side.

Loads of Bolton's goals have been poached in a way that Owen could do too. He needs a big striker though to play the long ball game, Darren Bent for me. There are others on here and on TT who insist he doesnt always play this way though.

He may sort out emre's injury problems too which would be a bonus. 

NE5 showing his age again, feel less guilty when I donate to "help the aged".

you have a job  mackems.gif

Very good one thanks, take it you are taking pension benefits at the moment? Man of your years?

Very good one thanks...

"You want fries with that?"

Loads of Bolton's goals have been poached in a way that Owen could do too. He needs a big striker though to play the long ball game, Darren Bent for me. There are others on here and on TT who insist he doesnt always play this way though.

I think alongside Craig Bellamy, Owen would have been brilliant and the nearest possible replacement for Shearer.

We need a partner for him, one who plays outside the box and creates situations and makes things happen in that area of the field, that is the important thing. I can't see Martins as this sort of player.

Someone like Tevez would be awesome.

Darren Bent isn't really the sort of big man he'd be looking for as his hold up play is pretty poor, he's more likely to go for Eidur Gudjohnsen or Peter Crouch if the money is available.

Very good one thanks, take it you are taking pension benefits at the moment? Man of your years?

At 52 ? If i'd just had a pay off like Roeder *, maybe I might  :lol: I'm dong quite well though, thanks.

* = figure of speech, maybe I meant the money he's earned as a player and manager over his career, as he " resigned "

Darren Bent isn't really the sort of big man he'd be looking for as his hold up play is pretty poor, he's more likely to go for Eidur Gudjohnsen or Peter Crouch if the money is available.

A      N      E      L    K    A. :smitten: