Setanta Sports

Guest thenorthumbrian

Just realised that although Setanta is claiming it's showing 4 Newcastle pre-season games, two of these are on Setanta2 which I believe isn't available on the Freeview format.

I think Freeview Setanta is just basically Setanta1, but if someone with the channel can confirm this I'd appreciate it because I've been looking into getting it myself.

Just realised that although Setanta is claiming it's showing 4 Newcastle pre-season games, two of these are on Setanta2 which I believe isn't available on the Freeview format.

I think Freeview Setanta is just basically Setanta1, but if someone with the channel can confirm this I'd appreciate it because I've been looking into getting it myself.

As pointed out before, your best bet is to ring them. Their website is shit.

I doubt they would charge £9.99 per month just for Setanta 1.. We've just ordered it today, so i'll let you know in a couple of days when we've got it up and running.

Well fuck that then.

So Sky box users and freeview box users both pay  £10 a month, and people using a freeview box only get one of the channels?

Might give them a ring and cancel it then, as they've failed to mention this anywhere on the website, or during the phonecall.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Anyone know if they do French Football? If they do Ligue 1 and I can watch Paris on a regular basis I'm sold

Finally actually managed to get through to them and it would appear only two of the four Newcastle pre-season games will be shown on Setanta Freeview - The Celtic and Juve games - NOT the Hull and Sampdoria games. Bit crap really.  >:(

When you pay for a months subscription does it start from the day you take it out?

Say if you got it on the 26th of july would it run until the 26 of aug

or does it start the 1st of every month?? :idiot2: :idiot2:

btw it does not work for sky multiroom you have to pay 5 pound per month extra for that as well and there is a 10 pound connection fee when joining

what!? annoyed.

If thats the case - can i choose to just have it on one of my multiroom sky boxes and not the regular one?

yeah you can do that but if you want it on others costs the other fiver.

Starting to sound like a proper rip now like

do you know if the monthly charges start at the beginning of each month?

Virgin Media is to offer customers who take Virgin Media's XL TV package an additional six Setanta Sports channels.

The cable group says this is not a "one-off" offer, and the extra channels - Setanta Sports 1, Setanta Sports 2, Setanta Golf, Racing UK, Celtic TV and Rangers TV - will form part of Virgin Media's TV XL package on an ongoing basis from July 26.

Virgin Media said in a statement that the offer would mean those who wish to watch all the live televised matches from the Barclay's Premier League "will pay over £110 less with Virgin Media than they would with Sky," over the first 12 months.

Customers of any other Virgin Media TV service who want to add these Setanta channels to their service will be able to do so for just £8 a month.

Good news for anyone on cable.  Maybe it might make Sky reduce their charges a bit more too :D

Virgin Media is to offer customers who take Virgin Media's XL TV package an additional six Setanta Sports channels.

The cable group says this is not a "one-off" offer, and the extra channels - Setanta Sports 1, Setanta Sports 2, Setanta Golf, Racing UK, Celtic TV and Rangers TV - will form part of Virgin Media's TV XL package on an ongoing basis from July 26.

Virgin Media said in a statement that the offer would mean those who wish to watch all the live televised matches from the Barclay's Premier League "will pay over £110 less with Virgin Media than they would with Sky," over the first 12 months.

Customers of any other Virgin Media TV service who want to add these Setanta channels to their service will be able to do so for just £8 a month.

Good news for anyone on cable.  Maybe it might make Sky reduce their charges a bit more too :D

Take that Murdoch!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if it's possible to buy a Setanta package online, for online streaming? I'm not in the UK, but I would prefer not to watch the NUFC games at P2P quality, as it's shite.

It seems they only take UK orders?

btw it does not work for sky multiroom you have to pay 5 pound per month extra for that as well and there is a 10 pound connection fee when joining

what!? annoyed.

If thats the case - can i choose to just have it on one of my multiroom sky boxes and not the regular one?

Cheapest way to do this, is to get Setanta just on one of your Sky boxes (in the room you prefer to see it most) then get one of those "magic eye" things that mean you can watch both boxes in another room.

For example, I have Sky+ in one room and with 'Sky Multiroom' I have my 'old' box in another room. Also in the Sky+ room I can watch the 'old' box on another channel, via the Magic Eye (wire link from one box in one room to a tele in another room) that I got put in.

That would save on the £10 connection fee and on the extra £5 a month.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elbee909

Thinking about getting Setanta Broadband - does anyone use this already?

All I want to know is if they limit you to watching within a browser.  That'd be shite.  I like to open in an external app such as windows media player, so I can resize to a size I like - usually neither full screen nor postage stamp size, but somewhere in between... their website doesn't clarify this.  Anyone know?

Anyone know if it's possible to buy a Setanta package online, for online streaming? I'm not in the UK, but I would prefer not to watch the NUFC games at P2P quality, as it's shite.

It seems they only take UK orders?

Im abroad and watchin all the games via streaming - not great quality as u say, but better than nowt.

You can only buy Setanta matches online, if you are in the UK.

Why do Setanta charge £19.99 in the first month? Signed up for Setanta Sports over the phone a day before the Villa game, just seen my bill and its £10 more than advertised, which has pissed me off a bit as I wasnt informed about it.

Why do Setanta charge £19.99 in the first month? Signed up for Setanta Sports over the phone a day before the Villa game, just seen my bill and its £10 more than advertised, which has pissed me off a bit as I wasnt informed about it.

There's a £10 'connection' charge.

Crafty buggers. Not advertised anywhere, cant see it on their website which is pretty poor anyway.

I guess this "connection" fee is charged every time you sign up for their service. Was hoping to cancel for the "lean" months when theyll be showing few/no NUFC games and just subscribe again later on, but clearly that plan goes out the window.

Which means theyve sucked me in for most of the season, since theres little point in cancelling during lean months. Crafty buggers.

Crafty buggers. Not advertised anywhere, cant see it on their website which is pretty poor anyway.

I guess this "connection" fee is charged every time you sign up for their service. Was hoping to cancel for the "lean" months when theyll be showing few/no NUFC games and just subscribe again later on, but clearly that plan goes out the window.

Which means theyve sucked me in for most of the season, since theres little point in cancelling during lean months. Crafty buggers.

Your assumptions are correct.