Setanta Sports

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest thenorthumbrian

So how much are you getting in commission then?

Aye it does look like I am a bit obsessed with Setanata, but I am not  - honest.

I just thought a few people might  be interested while the offers were on.

I will never mention any sports channel ever again !

• 1 month later...

Just to bump, Setanta have changed their pricing, it's now £9.99 a month with no 12 month contract. Might be worth buying like that on a selective basis when NUFC play tbh.

Just to bump, Setanta have changed their pricing, it's now £9.99 a month with no 12 month contract. Might be worth buying like that on a selective basis when NUFC play tbh.

You have to contact them to cancel or they just keep charging your card.

Well obviously...

For example, if you're DYING to see our pre-season games against Celtic, Juve, Hull & Sampdoria you could sign up on the 19th and then cancel in a month. You'd get those games, Villa vs Liverpool and us vs Villa for a tenner.

For example, if you're DYING to see our pre-season games against Celtic, Juve, Hull & Sampdoria you could sign up on the 19th and then cancel in a month. You'd get those games, Villa vs Liverpool and us vs Villa for a tenner.

That's reasonable for me. How do you order, can you do it through the channel like prem plus?

That's reasonable for me. How do you order, can you do it through the channel like prem plus?

No idea, there is a number to call on their site and also an online form thing. I'd probably ring up and check that you can actually do it like that tbh.

I heard they show adverts during games, anyone know if this is true?

What?  :lol:

People really have it in for Setanta if their spouting bollocks like that about.

Guest WalkervilleMag

card a Setanta card which fell off the back of a lorry ;-)  works a treat. I aint paying £300 to £400 quid a year on top of my season ticket.

Well obviously...

Not really, Dave. How many people do you think read the full T & C's? Most just click the accept or  put a tick in the accept box, thinking they are/will be paying for a month & that's it. I thought I was getting the Hatton + 2 months free & that would be it. I only learned about "If you don't call & cancel, we will bill your card for another month" when a letter came through the post.

Well obviously...

Not really, Dave. How many people do you think read the full T & C's? Most just click the accept or  put a tick in the accept box, thinking they are/will be paying for a month & that's it. I thought I was getting the Hatton + 2 months free & that would be it. I only learned about "If you don't call & cancel, we will bill card for another month" when a letter came through the post.

Tons of direct debits work the same way tbh. If you didn't know this i'm very surprised.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Well obviously...

Not really, Dave. How many people do you think read the full T & C's? Most just click the accept or  put a tick in the accept box, thinking they are/will be paying for a month & that's it. I thought I was getting the Hatton + 2 months free & that would be it. I only learned about "If you don't call & cancel, we will bill your card for another month" when a letter came through the post.

Did you really think that you would have to ring up every month if you wanted to carry on watching the channel :-0

Well obviously...

Did you really think that you would have to ring up every month if you wanted to carry on watching the channel :-0

If I wanted it every month I would signed up for a contract:-0

I only wanted it for the Hatton the fight, the two free months are bonus.

Seeing as some people seem to have had a major lapse in concentration, i'd like to warn everyone that discussion of illegal web streaming of games is not allowed on the forum. Posts doing so will be removed and people possibly banned. This has been discussed plenty of times before.

Cheers.

Well obviously...

Not really, Dave. How many people do you think read the full T & C's? Most just click the accept or  put a tick in the accept box, thinking they are/will be paying for a month & that's it. I thought I was getting the Hatton + 2 months free & that would be it. I only learned about "If you don't call & cancel, we will bill your card for another month" when a letter came through the post.

If I wanted it every month I would signed up for a contract:-0

I only wanted it for the Hatton the fight, the two free months are bonus.

You did sign up for a contract...

I'm honestly amazed you didn't know that they all work like this.

Tons of direct debits work the same way tbh. If you didn't know this i'm very surprised.

I have bought one off sporting events & the odd movie with SKY & that is it, I didn't become a movie subscriber or anything else.

Not sure how it works on the channels in 900's though ;)

I have bought one off sporting events & the odd movie with SKY & that is it, I didn't become a movie subscriber or anything else.

Not sure how it works on the channels in 900's though ;)

But those channels are Pay-Per-View channels. Setanta is not. ???

Get a faster internet connection for say £25 a month, and watch them online...

Or go to the game.

Or, if you live too far away, support the team of where you actually come from, or (if you are exiled) watch it on the web/get a Johnny F dish.

I don't come from Newcastle. Am I a plastic fan, Northen Monkey? I so wish to know. And I do support Toronto FC, local team. And KCC in Kampala, Uganda, which was my former locale; and Mohan Bagan of India; and had a soft spot for Crystal Palace when I lived in South London. All those were my former locales. Please tell me which team(s) I should support, as you're obviously the authority on my heart.

Also, for others, how do these rulings affect North Americans? Setanta here's showing all pre-season friendlies, but I only know one fuckin' bar in T.O. that carries it.

But those channels are Pay-Per-View channels. Setanta is not. :o

I have watched PPV on Setanta before, Celtic V Newcastle (friendly) & odd Euro game as well. One off's that is what I thought the Hatton deal was.

Seeing as some people seem to have had a major lapse in concentration, i'd like to warn everyone that discussion of illegal web streaming of games is not allowed on the forum. Posts doing so will be removed and people possibly banned. This has been discussed plenty of times before.

Cheers.

It may have been discussed plenty of times before but anyone not privvy to those discussions will know nothing of them.

Then of course there are the rules that you mention and which even fewer people would have read, I am normally content to rely on common sense to dictate what can and cannot be posted.

Therefore an innocent question such as I posted could have been answered in forum without actually breaking any rules, or deleting posts in a knee-jerk fashion. You presumably heard the sound of fascist jackboots coming down the corridor behind you.

The part of your post I've highlighted is an example of answering my query. I never mentioned web streaming, indeed I knew nothing about it, but from that reply I garnered the information I needed. So thankyou for that.

In the meantime I will attempt to join the masses and quiver in fear at corporate power, although I think I will fail miserably. I am far more inclined to laugh at them.

It seems the human race will never learn how censorship (or any oppression) actually causes the subject oppressed to flourish in other ways.