Now for Freddy Shepherd to resign

Guest Knightrider

I simply cannot believe Leazes and HTL walked out of that joke on Saturday saying to themselves 'well that was another monumentally underwhelming season, but nothing like as shit as <insert reference to worse season 20+ years ago>, it'll do for me!'.

It's not about where we could be, it's where we should be.

*Runs*

Spot on. Doubt that this point will sink in.

And HTL - I don't remember much before 1992. I couldn't give a shit. I live in the now, not the past.

HTL, still think FS should review his own position? Or has Roeder resigning and not being sacked, saved his bacon in your eyes? That's 5 managers in his 9 years as Chairman now, all either sacked or resigned, all failing bar Sir Bobby. In any walk of life that type of record is a poor one and should be questioned.

Yes.

Happy?

Yes you do think he should now review his own position or yes Roeder resigning has saved his bacon?

Have a guess if it's not obvious to you, mate. Although I think it ought to be. You know what I said, why should I change my mind?

I simply cannot believe Leazes and HTL walked out of that joke on Saturday saying to themselves 'well that was another monumentally underwhelming season, but nothing like as shit as <insert reference to worse season 20+ years ago>, it'll do for me!'.

*Runs*

Any reason in particular why you're making stuff up, Dave?

If you've understood just a small percentage of the posts I've made over months about the state of the team you'll know that I would not be saying anything even close to, "it'll do for me".

Just carry on making stuff up but that puts you into the ranks of various other people on this forum who do nowt but waffle, lie and misrepresent posts simply because I don't childishly name-call and/or slag Fred or the Board.

I thought you were better than that but you live and learn.

I've not made anything up, I said I can't believe you would think that.

As in I think you've both kind of backed yourself into a corner with the defence of the current board and despite your inner misgivings still appear to find it difficult in accepting critisism of them (silly name-calling or otherwise) without bringing up the same old things about 5th best, Souness, Bellamy, worse boards etc. I am putting you both in this same bracket by the way.

PS - don't know what you're getting at with the bit about me being 'better than that' tbh. Don't lie. :lol: :razz:

*Runs*

And HTL - I don't remember much before 1992. I couldn't give a shit. I live in the now, not the past.

So you're one of the older types but you can't remember much before 1992. I see.

I don't give a shit what you think.

Guest Geordiesned

*Runs*

If you've understood just a small percentage of the posts I've made over months about the state of the team you'll know that I would not be saying anything even close to, "it'll do for me".

Just carry on making stuff up but that puts you into the ranks of various other people on this forum who do nowt but waffle, lie and misrepresent posts simply because I don't childishly name-call and/or slag Fred or the Board.

Talk about pot and kettle!

Guest Geordiesned

*Runs*

So you're one of the older types but you can't remember much before 1992. I see.

..and yet feel the need to reply.  :rolleyes:

*Runs*

At last.

Guest Phil K

Fat Fred resigning ?

It'd be street parties.....

Talk about pot and kettle !

Theres a few come under that catagory - also they seem to have short memories, notice ?

You point out you said such and such would happen when they were ranting it wouldn't - then they mock you for reminding them, or just deny.

Yep, theres a  few come under that catagory all right !

If Shepherd had any thoughts for the club he'd resign but his feelings for the club shone through when he was forced to resign last time only to crawl back out of the gutter a few months later, the man has no shame and no feelings for the club he claims to support while doing everything to prove that he's not a supporter.

A supporter would have recognised the direction the club has taken under him and he would have done something about it, he spouts shit and repeats his mistakes.  He's incompetent at his job and those who back him must be aware of that, he's had 10 of the best years this club has ever had financially and he's pissed it away like some drunk (  :blush: ) on a Friday night.

If people want to support that then fine, you’re getting everything you deserve.

If Shepherd had any thoughts for the club he'd resign but his feelings for the club shone through when he was forced to resign last time only to crawl back out of the gutter a few months later, the man has no shame and no feelings for the club he claims to support while doing everything to prove that he's not a supporter.

A supporter would have recognised the direction the club has taken under him and he would have done something about it, he spouts shit and repeats his mistakes.  He's incompetent at his job and those who back him must be aware of that, he's had 10 of the best years this club has ever had financially and he's pissed it away like some drunk (  :blush: ) on a Friday night.

If people want to support that then fine, you’re getting everything you deserve.

But according to HTL and grandfather NE5 Shepherd has done superb job at the club...

But according to HTL and grandfather NE5 Shepherd has done superb job at the club...

I think that's a misrepresentation of their/his view - all they're saying is that we don't know what it's like to have a shit board. Which is fair enough...until it is repeated ad infinitum and in the most irrelevant places, out of context, like some parading Buddhist monks...

They've said nothing of the sort!

What they do is consistently tell less knowledgable fans that once upon a time things were truly horrible, on a level that we as newer fans simply can't relate to.

They are happy to admit that the board has made significant mistakes especially the appointment of Souness.

And similarly, what they both do is remind people that Shepherd is not the embodiement of Satan himself, that despite all his media gaffes and poor appointments, he has still managed to do some good. And as HTL says - they acknowledge he can do better.

Now, I don't particularly wish to defend NE5 and HTL, but you are talking shite - they do not say Shepherd is doing a superb job.

What they do is consistently tell less knowledgable fans that once upon a time things were truly horrible, on a level that we as newer fans simply can't relate to.

They are happy to admit that the board has made significant mistakes especially the appointment of Souness.

And similarly, what they both do is remind people that Shepherd is not the embodiement of Satan himself, that despite all his media gaffes and poor appointments, he has still managed to do some good. And as HTL says - they acknowledge he can do better.

Now, I don't particularly wish to defend NE5 and HTL, but you are talking shite - they do not say Shepherd is doing a superb job.

They are defending him so apparently they think he is doing good job...

They're defending him against hyperbole and bollocks...

For instance, it's hyperbole and bollocks to say that just because they are "defending" Shepherd that they think he's "doing a good job".

Everyone who loves this club knows that there are problems at every level - you, me, NE5, HTL, Freddy Shepherd, the tea lady, everyone knows something (many things) is rotten at St James' Park. But Shepherd is not the sole cause of our current predicament.

They're defending him against hyperbole and bollocks...

For instance, it's hyperbole and bollocks to say that just because they are "defending" Shepherd that they think he's "doing a good job".

Everyone who loves this club knows that there are problems at every level - you, me, NE5, HTL, Freddy Shepherd, the tea lady, everyone knows something (many things) is rotten at St James' Park. But Shepherd is not the sole cause of our current predicament.

Who sacked Robson after 4 games into the season when he finished 5th in the league?

Who hired Souness?

Who gave shit load of money to Souness?

Who hired Roeder?

Who promised to bring players when we had the worst injury crisis in our clubs history?

Who is constantly lying the fans?

Who sacked Robson after 4 games into the season when he finished 5th in the league?

Who hired Souness?

Who hired Roeder?

Who promised to bring players when we had the worst injury crisis in our clubs history?

Oh goody, I thought you were going to dispense with the hyperbole and the bollocks :rolleyes:

1) Shepherd sacked Robson. In a move that many consider too late rather than too early - a move caused by fans expectations and poor attitude from the players

2) The board of NUFC appointed Souness. Shepherd is the chairman and a minority shareholder of that board. Nevertheless, a fair point

3) Shepherd gave Souness wads of dosh. But what would you have him do? Hire him then give him no money? To borrow a line from those posters you condemn - damned if you do, damned if you don't

4) See point two.

5) Ummm... Roeder? Actually, Roeder said he would try to sign suitable players who would improve our club. Would you prefer it was us who signed Upson for 8m and then get 40 odd minutes out of him?

6) Lying to the fans is a growth industry - Roeder lied to the fans for his whole tenure, Dyer lied to the fans when he said he was sorry about his limp captain's effort, Anal Oliver lies to the fans daily. And yes, Shepherd has lied to the fans too...

And I also feel that none of your deep and searching questions go close to describing our current predicament. Is Shepherd to blame for signing players with no bottle? Is Shepherd to blame for the "worst injury crisis in our clubs history"? Is Shepherd to blame for Charles N'Zogbia's baffling drop in form?

The list of things wrong with our club is quite a long one - and while Shepherd is ultimately responsible for the wellbeing of the club as it's public figurehead he cannot be held directly for every contributing factor. As I say Shepherd is not the sole cause of our current predicament

A little from coumn A, a little from column B.

I entirely realise where NE5 an HTL are coming from. If they are the age they claim to be, there is a very good chance they have seen the club come through some very horrible years under WORSE misorganised heirarcy than we have now. They also realise the fact Shepard played an important role in getting from where we used to be, into where we are now (one of the richest and best supported clubs in the world, with good success position wise). So on that regard, they deserve their right to be annoyed at the younger generation, which includes me, who constantly complain about things that they would see as abit misguided and blind.

However, looking at the recent future (Since keegan) it is MHO that the club, under someone with more forethought and vision, could have achieved ALOT more success. Sheppard fiancial and buisness sense is worse than very few in this league. However, his ability to hire and fire has halted the clubs long term progress. Which understandabley upsets the younger generation, who because of no fault of our own aren't AS aware of the long term picture or clubs history (apart from facts and figures).

The Hall/Shepard regime is actually only going to be small part of the clubs history but it's significance is massive. We are where we are because of them but the question is, do they or more imparticularly Freddy have it in them to take the club to the next level? I have my reservations....

*Runs*

I've not made anything up, I said I can't believe you would think that.

As in I think you've both kind of backed yourself into a corner with the defence of the current board and despite your inner misgivings still appear to find it difficult in accepting critisism of them (silly name-calling or otherwise) without bringing up the same old things about 5th best, Souness, Bellamy, worse boards etc. I am putting you both in this same bracket by the way.

PS - don't know what you're getting at with the bit about me being 'better than that' tbh. Don't lie. :lol: :razz:

"I've not made anything up, I said I can't believe you would think that."

Well why say it then?

BTW I haven't defended the Board at all, ever, so I've no reason to feel as though I'm backed into a corner. I'm well aware of the mistakes they've made and I've posted at length on that in the not too distant past, it seems you've missed those posts though by suggesting I have some kind of difficulty accepting criticism of the Board. The other reason I don't feel to be backed into a corner is that everything I've posted about the Board has been based on fact, not some kind of made up shite that floods this forum.

The bit about "being better than that" is fairly obvious too. I think you've tried (and are stiill trying) to score some kind of daft point here by lying, which is more than a bit sad and not what I expected from you. From others, yes. On the other hand, perhaps you're like gejon and just don't understand a single thing I've been posting on this forum.

*Runs*

Talk about pot and kettle!

Care to expand with some examples of waffle, lies and misrepresentation by me?

Try to make these examples more than just being something you disagree with, there is a difference between disagreeing with someone's point of view and lies.

If you can't find any I'll accept your apology.

That's it in a nutshell. Cheers for highlighting that because that is exactly what I've been saying for a long time. The Board has made quite a number of mistakes but they are vastly superior to previous Boards and could just as easily be replaced by people worse than they are as by people better than they are.

I'm not at all sure why so many people appear to be unable to understand that this is what I'm saying, or accept that this is what I'm saying without the misrepresentation.

Guest Knightrider

HTL, but no-one has ever claimed or argued that past boards were not worse, indeed who gives a damn?  Means nowt and has no meaning today. Anyway, good to see you finally aknowledging what most of us have been saying for a while now - that the current board need to review their positions.

Now, I don't particularly wish to defend NE5 and HTL, but you are talking s**** - they do not say Shepherd is doing a superb job.

That's it in a nutshell. Cheers for highlighting that because that is exactly what I've been saying for a long time. The Board has made quite a number of mistakes but they are vastly superior to previous Boards and could just as easily be replaced by people worse than they are as by people better than they are.

I'm not at all sure why so many people appear to be unable to understand that this is what I'm saying, or accept that this is what I'm saying without the misrepresentation.

Tbf to HTL it's his sidekick that compares everything to pre-1992, not him.

Who hired Souness?

Who hired Roeder?

Oh goody, I thought you were going to dispense with the hyperbole and the bollocks :rolleyes:

1) Shepherd sacked Robson. In a move that many consider too late rather than too early - a move caused by fans expectations and poor attitude from the players

2) The board of NUFC appointed Souness. Shepherd is the chairman and a minority shareholder of that board. Nevertheless, a fair point

3) Shepherd gave Souness wads of dosh. But what would you have him do? Hire him then give him no money? To borrow a line from those posters you condemn - damned if you do, damned if you don't

4) See point two.

5) Ummm... Roeder? Actually, Roeder said he would try to sign suitable players who would improve our club. Would you prefer it was us who signed Upson for 8m and then get 40 odd minutes out of him?

6) Lying to the fans is a growth industry - Roeder lied to the fans for his whole tenure, Dyer lied to the fans when he said he was sorry about his limp captain's effort, Anal Oliver lies to the fans daily. And yes, Shepherd has lied to the fans too...

And I also feel that none of your deep and searching questions go close to describing our current predicament. Is Shepherd to blame for signing players with no bottle? Is Shepherd to blame for the "worst injury crisis in our clubs history"? Is Shepherd to blame for Charles N'Zogbia's baffling drop in form?

The list of things wrong with our club is quite a long one - and while Shepherd is ultimately responsible for the wellbeing of the club as it's public figurehead he cannot be held directly for every contributing factor. As I say Shepherd is not the sole cause of our current predicament

Top post.

People should read it a couple of times.