Duff Out For 6 Months!

Crumpy Gunt

Now when we know Duff will be missing for 6 months i think Zoggy will stay for sure

He'll know that he will be 1st choice LM and that will probably convince him to stay if he had any real intentions of leaving.

Guest toonbaz

confirmed on bbc tonight that he is out at least until november, i know he hasn't been upto much but would have rather had him back for the start of the season to see what sam can do with him, especially with a cloud hanging over the future of N'Zogbia.

Competing with Babayaro for biggest injury prone player at nufc

Babayaro?

Yes the almighty and fit Babayaro who is playing 2 games and after that is injured for the next 10 and thats how his season is going all the way.

More injury prone than Owen, then.

Owen's last injury was ruptured anterior cruciate knee ligament.

Babayaro is suffering mostly of hamstring injuries and groin injuries

There is some difference in this.

He never had injuries before that, then.

Who popped the lid off the crazy pills tonight?

Where did i said he didnt ;)

Since Owen is nufc player he never had hamstring injuries and groin injuries

He had broken foot and ruptured anterior cruciate knee ligament.

From this can you assume he is injury prone?

And the case with Babayro is just the opposite.

He had only hamstring and groins

So which one is bigger injury prone?

Owen or Babayaro?

Think again

Owen played something like 6-8 games in his first half season here, before he broke any bones. Thats 6-8 games out of ~30 games before he clashed into lard boy Robinson.

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

Hope N'Zogbia stays. If not, it's a shame we've no other quality right winger, cos I'd pick Milner over Duff on the left every day of the week.

I dont know if its just me on this one, but I really think that there is one player that is going to be a really good buy in the future, Gabriel Agbonlahor. It all depends if Villa would let him go. You could put Milner/ N'Zogbia on the left and play Agbonlahor as a right winger/ attacking mid. He is alot faster than Dyer so he would be a good replacement I think (if the rumours are true about Dyer leaving). But thats just my opinion. What do you think?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Duff is one of the richest footballers, in the top bracket of earners in the League (according to this year's rich list). I find this hugely disturbing

Owen played something like 6-8 games in his first half season here, before he broke any bones. Thats 6-8 games out of ~30 games before he clashed into lard boy Robinson.

My point still stands that players who constantly suffers from groin and hamnstring problems can be called injury prones and players who had broken their foot and had ruptured anterior cruciate knee ligament are just suffering from bad luck.From Owen's 2 injuries here you cant call him injury prone can you?

A deserved chance for Zoggy to 'take the shirt' (quoting Roeder)? Certainly is. I expect we won't spend any significant amount of money on a left-sided midfielder, it'd just be daft considering that Milner has played there and done well. Anyhow, I really hope Zoggy gets a chance, the chance that he never received in the season just gone by, and I hope he plays well enough to keep Duff out of the team for good.

My point still stands that players who constantly suffers from groin and hamnstring problems can be called injury prones and players who had broken their foot and had ruptured anterior cruciate knee ligament are just suffering from bad luck.From Owen's 2 injuries here you cant call him injury prone can you?

That's absurd - the only reason Owen didn't suffer the hamstring injuries that have plagued his entire career is because he was unable to run due to the major injuries you described!

He's had a torn ACL - you can't say "Oh, Owen must be over his hamstring problems because he hasn't injured them for the past year!"

That's absurd - the only reason Owen didn't suffer the hamstring injuries that have plagued his entire career is because he was unable to run due to the major injuries you described!

He's had a torn ACL - you can't say "Oh, Owen must be over his hamstring problems because he hasn't injured them for the past year!"

Fair enough but the point of this argument was who is bigger injury prone Owen or Babayaro.

So far when you compare their careers at nufc i think Babayaro wins it with his constant hamstring and groin injuries.

Also Owen is 1 year younger then Babayaro but still he made about 40 appearances more then Babayaro at club level.

Yes,Owen can be described as injury prone but between the two Babayaro wins this contest without any real competition

Guest teepee

i think it is very unfortunate that duff isn't fit to start the season with the rest of the team.

no doubt that he had a very poor season, but being out untill november certainly wont help us for next season. he wont be available, wont reach proper fittness until december and we can't even sell him to raise a bit of cash. all in all not very good for anyone.

i do, however, look forward to seing zoggy getting a proper start to the season and a good run in the team.