Duff Out For 6 Months!

Crumpy Gunt

Guest mishka17

so what he's injured? he's usuless tbh...zoggy must return to great form and get the place on left side

Hes been useless this season.If he can get back to his form the previous season,I dont mind having him playing for us week in and week out.

right, but basing on his play for NUFC ...it's not a devastating peace of news. at chelsea he was v. good at times, at "only" decent at times...in blacbkurn was ...amazing, but i assume that everybody is aware of that. I'm scared that he's "yesterdays news" and his good days are over... zoggy should get equal number of chances to show his play...not few games per season

He's been a nightmarish signing thus far.

I would like toi see how he plays in a B&W shirt under decent management and coaching. I am not his biggest fan but I think a better manager would get some more out of him than we have seen so far

In other words, we need a better manager than Mourinho and a better side than title winning Chelsea to see an improvement in Duff's form.

• 2 weeks later...

We might need one at this rate ...

Newcastle suffer Duff injury blow 

Duff scored just one league goal for the Magpies last season

Newcastle United's Republic of Ireland winger Damien Duff is unlikely to be fit to play for new boss Sam Allardyce until November at the earliest.

Duff had foot surgery three weeks ago after injuring his ankle during a 2-1 defeat at Portsmouth in April.

"It's six months but it depends on when he gets the cast off," said Republic of Ireland manager Steve Staunton, ahead of a friendly with Ecuador in New York.

"Who knows what we're looking at, but it's at least five to six months."

Duff's injury means he is likely to miss the Republic's four remaining Euro 2008 qualifiers.

The Republic are away to Slovakia and the Czech Republic in September, before home games against Cyprus and Germany in October and November respectively.

Staunton added: "I think we'll be planning without him for the campaign because he'll only be regaining his fitness.

"If he comes back before that, brilliant for us. And if he doesn't, well, I'll have planned without him."

When Allardyce took over as Newcastle boss last week he said he would introduce the sort of scientific approach at the club that was he patented at Bolton - and hoped it would help solve the Magpies persistent injury problems.

Allardyce said: "There have been too many injuries. They seem to be forever talking about the everlasting injury list. One of the first things I will have to look at are why those injuries have happened.

"Far too many players have had too many injuries too often."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6682317.stm

Would really like to see Muntari here. Would cost too much for us though, especially considering the situation we are in atm..

Harry's got that all tied up.

Would really like to see Muntari here. Would cost too much for us though, especially considering the situation we are in atm..

Harry's got that all tied up.

yeah probably...

Tuncay on a free would be handy, especially as he is versatile.

We probably have enough players to last out until he is back and hopefully something like the old Duff though.

6 months!!!

I though his injury wasnt that serious

He is turning out to be another injury prone

I hope that under Big Sam all this constant injury problems to stop.

For the start of next season as LM we will have Zoggy,Pattison,O'Brien(still hasnt sign new contract and his contract is up in the summer),aslo Luque,Dyer,Milner and Emre(not his best position but still) can play at LM.

So i dont think we'll need LM in the summer.

6 months!!!

I though his injury wasnt that serious

He is turning out to be another injury prone

I hope that under Big Sam all this constant injury problems to stop.

For the start of next season as LM we will have Zoggy,Pattison,O'Brien(still hasnt sign new contract and his contract is up in the summer),aslo Luque,Dyer,Milner and Emre(not his best position but still) can play at LM.

So i dont think we'll need LM in the summer.

It wasn't that serious actually, but Roeder forced him to play with it just so he dosn't have to use Luque, it resulted in the injurey getting worst for Duff and Roeder being forced to use Luque :lol:

Already got a perfectly good left winger on the books already. He's called Charles N'Zogbia...and the lad deserves his place back imo.

Would be the only one we had till November. Considering his regression this season it might be a bit of a risk.

Already got a perfectly good left winger on the books already. He's called Charles N'Zogbia...and the lad deserves his place back imo.

Would be the only one we had till November. Considering his regression this season it might be a bit of a risk.

Hard to impress when you're constantly overlooked... :rolleyes:

Can't see why he can't have a clean slate under a new manager.

If for whatever reason he doesn't work out I wouldn't mind Milner on that wing to see how he works out there. He has had some of his better games on that side like ManU and Chelsea, also was it the Palermo game he played down there? His excellent cross was certainly from that side.

Can't see why he can't have a clean slate under a new manager.

If for whatever reason he doesn't work out I wouldn't mind Milner on that wing to see how he works out there. He has had some of his better games on that side like ManU and Chelsea, also was it the Palermo game he played down there? His excellent cross was certainly from that side.

We could do an awful lot worse than try Milner out there, cutting inside and getting shots in. Would prefer to see a naturally left-footed player out there though.

No need to panic on this one.

Theoretically, we have two players in this position, and with a new chance under a new manager, they may get their old form back. If they don't, I'm sure Milner and Emre could cover the position until January.