3rd time lucky for Freddy & United? I think so

Guest Knightrider

So in essence, you are sayin SA for what he's achieved at Bolton.....one league cup final, one season of europe.....and we say sven for Gothenberg, Uefa Cup, Benfica CL final, Lazio- title, CWC amongst other things.....you still sure?

Yep. 100%.  O0

:lol: :lol: Well done. You are brilliant evidence of the kind of fan that deserves the likes of Souness and Roeder.

Why, bearing in mind the actual facts of achievement, would you rather have Fat Heed?

Given a straight choice between Allardyce and SGE for NUFC right now - I'd choose Allardyce every time.

The club needs an entire overhaul and dragged into the 21st century. I think Allardyce can do this and SGE can't. I may be right or I may be wrong. If you think SGE would be a better choice  - fine. That's up to you.

My money's on the big man. Don't like it? Tough s***.  :lol:

fair point, everyones entitled to there opinions, even if the are wrong, which yours are!! My overall opinion is that i think SA might well do a good jo,and as a nufc fan ill stand by him, just like i stood by roeder and souness, but i m honestly disheartend by the fact the club has already tripped up at the first hurdle by not showing the type of ambitions this club deserves and lookin for the right appointment, just like liverpool did, just lk arsenal did.

That's the thing though. You won't give him a chance or get behind him 100% because deep down you want someone else in charge.

No, i'm not 100% behind him, because i don't think he's good enough/the right person.

So in essence, you are sayin SA for what he's achieved at Bolton.....one league cup final, one season of europe.....and we say sven for Gothenberg, Uefa Cup, Benfica CL final, Lazio- title, CWC amongst other things.....you still sure?

Yep. 100%.  O0

:lol: :lol: Well done. You are brilliant evidence of the kind of fan that deserves the likes of Souness and Roeder.

Why, bearing in mind the actual facts of achievement, would you rather have Fat Heed?

Given a straight choice between Allardyce and SGE for NUFC right now - I'd choose Allardyce every time.

The club needs an entire overhaul and dragged into the 21st century. I think Allardyce can do this and SGE can't. I may be right or I may be wrong. If you think SGE would be a better choice  - fine. That's up to you.

My money's on the big man. Don't like it? Tough shit.  :lol:

Come on, then. What are YOUR targets/milestones. So far, SA fans seem to duck the question,as if in admission that he won't actually do anything quantifiable.

Winning more points in the league each season. Losing fewer games and conceding fewer goals. More points away from home. There's 4.

Cups are difficult to judge due to the pure randomness of the opposition you may or may not face. Although a canny run in either domestic cup would be nice like... :thup:

SA - the ideal man for conceding fewer goals!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!11111

Let's wait and see eh?  :lol:

Guest Bolton_fan

But seriously, it's a miracle how we're still in the top 7 with a minus 5 goal difference.

I bet you guys can't wait for the nice long ball football next season?  :D

Yep. 100%.  O0

fair point, everyones entitled to there opinions, even if the are wrong, which yours are!! My overall opinion is that i think SA might well do a good jo,and as a nufc fan ill stand by him, just like i stood by roeder and souness, but i m honestly disheartend by the fact the club has already tripped up at the first hurdle by not showing the type of ambitions this club deserves and lookin for the right appointment, just like liverpool did, just lk arsenal did.

That's the thing though. You won't give him a chance or get behind him 100% because deep down you want someone else in charge. Which is only due to basic human nature. There will always be that thought in the back of your mind that you never wanted him to get the job and wouldn't mind seeing him replaced.

Hand on heart I was the same with Souness. Never wanted him to start with but gave him the chance to prove me wrong. He couldn't and I ended up hating the bloke. It's only natural.

Fair point, although i think i have gone off on a bit of a tangent, yes sven would be my first choice SA is on my list, dont get me wrong, i just think that the simple facts are that this club hasn't shown ambition at all, and the appiontment of sa over sven is exemplary of that. does anyone of you agree that by appointing SA the club have yet again failed to show any ambition for the future.??

Yep. 100%.  O0

That's the thing though. You won't give him a chance or get behind him 100% because deep down you want someone else in charge.

No, i'm not 100% behind him, because i don't think he's good enough/the right person.

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm sure there will be 1000's who agree with you.

Personally, I think he's exactly what we need. Guess we'll find out in due time.  :thup:

Yep. 100%.  O0

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm sure there will be 1000's who agree with you.

Personally, I think he's exactly what we need. Guess we'll find out in due time.  :thup:

Yes, we will. SA should be judged on certain things fron the start of his tenure, and throughout.

If he is the man we get, i'll support him as lomng as he proves his intent from the start.

But seriously, it's a miracle how we're still in the top 7 with a minus 5 goal difference.

I can honestlysay that i cant hack the idea of long ball at nufc. I really really dont like the way bolton play, effective as it is its just not nufc, although beggars cant be choosers

Yep. 100%.  O0

Yes, we will. SA should be judged on certain things fron the start of his tenure, and throughout.

If he is the man we get, i'll support him as lomng as he proves his intent from the start.

Good man.  :thup:

He'll reward you by flogging Dyer in the first week and Ameobi in the second.  ;)

Yep. 100%.  O0

Final question before i go then....do yu think nufc has shown any decent ambition by appionting SA, pretty mc a week before our manage resigns/sacked???

Yep. 100%.  O0

Final question before i go then....do yu think nufc has shown any decent ambition by appionting a man whos only got a top half team into europe once, a week before our manger resigns/sacked???

Yes. Goodnight.

Guest Bolton_fan

I can honestlysay that i cant hack the idea of long ball at nufc. I really really dont like the way bolton play, effective as it is its just not nufc, although beggars cant be choosers

You're going to have to hack it. :D

You wouldn't believe we used to be a nice passing side. Before Sam came, we didn't anything else but pass the ball around. I feel we'll play some nice stuff next year. We won't be boring to watch next year.

lol, i dont even know why am even bother questioning you!! lol you did question sven achievements!! embarressing. I guess that q was aimed at someone who knows omething bout football.

lol, i dont even know why am even bother questioning you!! lol you did question sven achievements!! embarressing. I guess that q was aimed at someone who knows omething bout football.

Don't forget your Horlicks mind...

You wouldn't believe we used to be a nice passing side. Before Sam came, we didn't anything else but pass the ball around. I feel we'll play some nice stuff next year. We won't be boring to watch next year.

I dont wanna be a bummer for ya, but i genuinely dont thin lil sam is the man for the job. I have absolutley nothing to base it on, but i jut have the niggling feeling that Bolton wont cope without Sam he was just that key to them, proper imposing figure.  

Guest Bolton_fan

I dont wanna be a bummer for ya, but i genuinely dont thin lil sam is the man for the job. I have absolutley nothing to base it on, but i jut have the niggling feeling that Bolton wont cope without Sam he was just that key to them, proper imposing figure.  

Oh, I know he's probably not the man for the job. But what could we do? Sam left us with 2 games to go.

We're going to have to change our style of play and that. We need to get rid of the shit of our team - bring in some quality.

to be fair its a difficult, bolton are stuck between a rock and a hard place, Sam kinda built the club in accoradance to his style and philosiphies, its a club built on his foundations, i'd hate that to happen to newcastle.

Reservation I have is what I've stated in other threads. He's so far only managed at a small club with low expectations. It will be different at Newcastle, he will need to develop and show different abilities to those he's shown at Bolton.

haha is this guy for real?  :D

it will be just like when Sir Bobby Robson left us you won't get the High league positions for a long long time now Big Sam has left.

Big Sam will be looked at as a even more of a legend for your club in 5 years time because you will realize what a fantastic job he did for you.

good luck with your hopes off good football next season!  :rolleyes:

Guest gggg

I cant believe the Bolton fans I've heard now looking forward to playing like Brazil  :lol: They're more deluded than us.

You're a yo-yo team who've been punching above your weight for years thanks to Big Sam. Yeah you used to pass the ball, very nice, but you were shite.

The timing of the appointment proves that even Shepherd is capable of learning from his mistakes.

He only had to get it completely wrong five times in a row before finally realising that it made sense to give a new manager time to prepare!

Well done, Fred! Have a banana!

glad you think managers with the records of Dalglish, Gullit and Robson were bad appointments.

Have a jellied eel with your cockney mate journo that you like dishing the dirt on the club to.

really?? lol, you've blown me apart there, pretty shocked by that, in 5 years time you'd be happy with stillbeing a mid table team?

So in essence you'd prefer a team like spuds when george graham was in charge to newcastle when SBR was in charge???

I'd like us to win as many games as possible. Don't care how we win them.

I'm not kidding myself, it'll take a few years to sort this club out but if he puts things in place - success in the League will follow. While we're waiting, a Cup win would be much appreciated.  :cheesy:

Would you rather us play pretty football, finishing 5th and winning nowt? f*** that - want to celebrate something.

that is shockingly blingsighted, of course i would prefer the cosistent top 5 with great football. Do you not see how important it is to estabilish the club for the future. Making this club more attractive to any top class manager is my priority, one who would take usto that next step on wininng that important trophy. But to say you'd prfer crap football with mid table prosperity is absurd at which point are we realising our potential???

shocking

he's not saying that at all, he's saying he's got real desire to win above all else. Thats what football is about, and he is spot on.

If you put entertaining football before winning, like many others, its your problem, and in my view does the club no good at all having supporters with this mentality. Supporters of clubs that have won things will tell you the same.

Agree compltely with Northern Monkey. He's got it spot on. It's hardly relevant what names are said, every single manger we could menion would have his flaws somewhere or other. Hitzfed - no PL experience, Scolari - Same, Sven what happened at england, etc etc....it could go on forever....if i was to put my neck out a someone completely 100% realistic but in that list of elite mangers, i'd say sven. Forget about his personal life, forget all the crappy jokes forget about england for a second, what he's achieved at club level puts him on that list of managerial 'hot property.' Surely? Allardyce is just as risky onthe basis that he hasn't won nything, he's not manged under amazng pressure, ver manged for a clu this size...againe list could go on, but for me this club should go for proven record, dnt give me Dalglish and Souness, they haven't achived anythin nearly as comparable to Sven...even qf of a major interantional tournament would be beyond them.

mackems.gif

4 league titles with 2 different clubs, 3 manager of the year awards and a few cups not good enough for you

Fantastic.