Owen - the silence is deafening...

Guest Hibbits left foot

Guest Hibbits left foot

C'mon Micky lad prove youre not a total breadhead, say something for Shearers sake!!!

f*** saying something for Shearers sake. Say something for the fans that pay his incredibly stupid wages which have yet to be justified by matches played.

Shearer was on some show on BBC 2 this morning with Gabby Logan. Said Owen will not come out and deny the speculation because he'd be doing that permanantly if he did. He also said Owen would be here next season. As good as 100% then.

Guest Hodgson09

I'm sure we could find a player who wasn't as injury prone as Owen and as good at scoring goals as he is, it is a pretty big world after all. I wish he would stay for a full fit season, but if he didn't I don't think I could blame him for moving on but only if he goes home to Liverpool, i don't think anyone would begrudge him if he did go back to Liverpool. 10 million plus Carragher? Now that could work.

Shearer was on some show on BBC 2 this morning with Gabby Logan. Said Owen will not come out and deny the speculation because he'd be doing that permanantly if he did. He also said Owen would be here next season. As good as 100% then.

Couldn't really say anything else though could he?

I cant see Shearer saying it if he didnt mean it, If he didnt know he would of said something simple like "Maybe" or "We'll see".

I cant see Shearer saying it if he didnt mean it, If he didnt know he would of said something simple like "Maybe" or "We'll see".

The way he said it suggested he knew what he was saying was correct. It was more a statement of fact than opinion.

That would have created even more speculation.  :lol:

Put on the spot, he had no choice but to say that he'll stay.

Guest eyeball_tickler

if he does want to leave or we want rid we should sell him ASAP since his wages are taking the piss.

The way he said it suggested he knew what he was saying was correct. It was more a statement of fact than opinion.

Thats good news then, TBF Owen has never said anything about leaving and the papers are well known for making shit up, People know this yet Owen has been abused by some fans on here. FS lost his anger and went to the papers to vent his frustration, Exactly what the papers wanted another story to fill there pages.

Until Owen leaves or publically states he wants to leave im gonna support him.

Thats good news then, TBF Owen has never said anything about leaving and the papers are well known for making shit up, People know this yet Owen has been abused by some fans on here. FS lost his anger and went to the papers to vent his frustration, Exactly what the papers wanted another story to fill there pages.

Hypothetical situation:

What happens if he says he wants to leave next summer and we're forced to hawk him round for about £4m or risk losing him for nothing?

I think everyone, including FS is just frightened of him leaving and making us look like fools.

I for one am so against him because of that, like we need another reason for football to laugh at us.  >:(

Thats good news then, TBF Owen has never said anything about leaving and the papers are well known for making s*** up, People know this yet Owen has been abused by some fans on here. FS lost his anger and went to the papers to vent his frustration, Exactly what the papers wanted another story to fill there pages.

Hypothetical situation:

What happens if he says he wants to leave next summer and we're forced to hawk him round for about £4m or risk losing him for nothing?

Tbh thats the risk we have to take. I think he'll go for more than £4m even if he only has 1 year left, Liverpool sold him for £8m when he was on his last year (I think)

Guest DazzaNufc1892

no talks have happened between man u and owen as of yet that i can tell you, the only names going around the utd dressing room are ribery, hargreaves, huntelaar. If i hear anything at poker tomorrow night though il let you guys know. P.S. the brown to the toon is being reconsidered as it was roeder who wanted him, and its in he air now.

Guest BooBoo

no talks have happened between man u and owen as of yet that i can tell you, the only names going around the utd dressing room are ribery, hargreaves, huntelaar. If i hear anything at poker tomorrow night though il let you guys know. P.S. the brown to the toon is being reconsidered as it was roeder who wanted him, and its in he air now.

mackems.gif

Thats good news then, TBF Owen has never said anything about leaving and the papers are well known for making s*** up, People know this yet Owen has been abused by some fans on here. FS lost his anger and went to the papers to vent his frustration, Exactly what the papers wanted another story to fill there pages.

Hypothetical situation:

Tbh thats the risk we have to take. I think he'll go for more than £4m even if he only has 1 year left, Liverpool sold him for £8m when he was on his last year (I think)

Liverpool sold him for £8m when he was playing quality football. He has had 2 big injuries here, if he has another next season we will be very lucky to get close to that.

Hypothetical situation:

Liverpool sold him for £8m when he was playing quality football. He has had 2 big injuries here, if he has another next season we will be very lucky to get close to that.

Yea that true i didnt look at it that way but i guess it would depend how good he plays next season, If he had an excellent season i think we'd get more than £4m

I think everyone, including FS is just frightened of him leaving and making us look like fools.

Only the round one will look like a fool.

And those still kidding themselves that Owen wants to play for us.

Hypothetical situation:

the £8m thing is exactly why i dont think liverpool will now buy him back for £9m.

my tip, if he goes anywhere, he'll go to arsenal