Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

from what i saw both players laid hands on each other but neither enough to really hinder the other so it comes down to a straight offside decision and this is where it gets awkward. imo evans didn't position himself to play cisse offside so in that sense cisse wasn't interfering with play as he neither touched the ball or affected the positioning of the defender. goal for me but it's one that is always given as offside.

the rule needs to be changed to you're offside if in an offside position regardless of interfering with play or you have to touch the ball to be offside. both have their faults but it makes the rule 10o% clear so we all know where we stand.

from what i saw both players laid hands on each other but neither enough to really hinder the other so it comes down to a straight offside decision and this is where it gets awkward. imo evans didn't position himself to play cisse offside so in that sense cisse wasn't interfering with play as he neither touched the ball or affected the positioning of the defender. goal for me but it's one that is always given as offside.

the rule needs to be changed to you're offside if in an offside position regardless of interfering with play or you have to touch the ball to be offside. both have their faults but it makes the rule 10o% clear so we all know where we stand.

Madras- your not offside if the defender plays the ball- wherever you stand.

So this daft cunt has helped pardew out in the past he expects pardew and his current team to just  sit back an allow him to influance the ref...points we are fighting for.

Fuck off

Thought the persistent haraunging of the linesman revealed how weak Fergie really is. He would have been more enraged had we nicked the draw -  no doubt about that. If only someone had closed Carrick down - it was the third little dink ball he played in a row without any harrasment.

he was offside when our player played the ball in.

Guest neesy111

Correct.

I've seen goals given when a player is offside next the GK, in my book that's interfering with play but it's allowed under the current rules.

yes you are as he was offside when our player played the ball in.

the offside doesnt apply when the defending team play the ball.

Guest neesy111

He's only offside if (the attacking player) touches the ball.

cisse was offside when we played the ball before evans touched it.

He's only offside if (the attacking player) touches the ball.

he was when simpson (?) played it in.

Guest neesy111

He didn't touch the ball, that's the key event here, if he did then the goal rightly would had been disallowed.

it makes no difference- the defender played the ball (back) therefore there is no offside. the ref doesnt need to consider if he played it back as a pass. or kicked it in his own net- he just has to establish he touched it. Thats why fergie was ranting about holding- he knows the offside cant stand.

Guest neesy111

you know, i'm saying all this after watching it a couple of times the other night while rather hammered. need to see it again i suppose but i was sure he was offside when WE played it in.

He WAS offside.

The rule is you don't become ACTIVE in the offside until you touch the ball.

Guest bimpy474

you know, i'm saying all this after watching it a couple of times the other night while rather hammered. need to see it again i suppose but i was sure he was offside when WE played it in.

He was, right behind Evans and right in front of De Gea's eyeline. It shows what a mess the rules are now, but as it stands in the rules its a goal (i ref).

He didn't touch the ball, that's the key event here, if he did then the goal rightly would had been disallowed.

you know you don't have to touch the ball to be offside. as simpson (i think it was) plays the ball in were either ba or cisse in offside positions ?

Guest malandro

If it's the case that the offside is committed when the ball is played, it probably shouldn't have been allowed.. generally, though, they only flag for offside in situations like that when the offside player picks up the ball.  Since the allegedly offside player never did pick up the ball because that fuckwit got in the way and turned it into his own goal, I'm going with Not Offside :)

That's something that has become fashionable amongst officials, not what the rules say.

For me, Cisse was offside when the ball was played and his presence in the box clearly affected Evans decision making.

Digressing...You never have a situation where a defender is classed as not interfering with play. They are always determined to be interfering in play regardless of whether they touch the ball or not. They can be twenty yards away from the play yet are still deemed to be active. None of it makes sense.

He was, right behind Evans and right in front of De Gea's eyeline. It shows what a mess the rules are now, but as it stands in the rules its a goal (i ref).

was he onside or offside though as simpson played it in ?

He WAS offside.

The rule is you don't become ACTIVE in the offside until you touch the ball.

even in the old rules- you were never offside when the defender played the ball. yeah the linesman would flag back then, but the ref would allow play to go- IF the Defender played the ball, not the attacker.

Guest neesy111

Via the Daily Fail

The Premier League also confirmed that 'as Cisse did not play the ball, then he was not interfering with play'.

They also stated that: 'It is also the case that Cisse didn't interfere with the opponent.'

If it's the case that the offside is committed when the ball is played, it probably shouldn't have been allowed.. generally, though, they only flag for offside in situations like that when the offside player picks up the ball.  Since the allegedly offside player never did pick up the ball because that fuckwit got in the way and turned it into his own goal, I'm going with Not Offside :)

That's something that has become fashionable amongst officials, not what the rules say.

For me, Cisse was offside when the ball was played and his presence in the box clearly affected Evans decision making.

Digressing...You never have a situation where a defender is classed as not interfering with play. They are always determined to be interfering in play regardless of whether they touch the ball or not. They can be twenty yards away from the play yet are still deemed to be active. None of it makes sense.

first part aye, second part nah.