Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

Let's see how many dafties bite here.

Financial constraints? What a joker. :lol:

:iamatwat: Anyway, time to get rid of the WUM surely?

He isn't a WUM, he's just a Manu fan. I think that's the reality of it really; as i say - they're just another breed of football fan altogether. A Manu fan who is my age has probably had less ruined weekends in their life, than a typical supporter gets over the course of a few seasons. Impossible to take their viewpoint seriously on anything.

I'd usually think this is just another attempt for him to draw attention away from the incidents involving his players (RvP and Valencia) and onto him, but those comments are more childish and petty than anything he's said before.

Kna not this time, after the Swansea game & now this is an old bloke cracking under the pressure, losing the title to City caused him to lose the plot he is rapidly becoming an embarrassment.

If he's losing the plot and cracking under the pressure? We are currently 7 points clear and having already played all the so called bigger clubs away from home. Hardly a disaster, the pressures on for sure but better that than being stuck in mid-table going nowhere.

:lol: From the manager to the fans. Pathetic, and struggling to form a coherent argument.

:lol:

I would question Stone Moses' age but as has been mentioned, the 70 year old manager of that club is also this fucking weird.

Financial constraints. :lol:

If Stoned Moses is typical of Man Utd fans then the stereotypical opinion of them living in a fantasy land is in fact rather accurate.

Why mate?

As a football club Man United's turnover is larger they and have more income than any other football club in the world (inc Barca & Real) yet we can't compete with clubs like Chelsea, PSG, Man City.

If you look at our net spend over the past 5 years it is actually less than a lot of other clubs in the Premier League.

Getting £80m for CR7 helps that stat like :lol:

Shit not having any decent comebacks when talking to a Man Utd fan, tbh :lol: Pointing at Barca/Real Madrid/Man City is a mackem style trick/only resort

Still, Stoned Moses is sadly out of touch with the reality of football if he can't even concede that Ferguson and Man Utd's players enjoy a virtual exemption from reprimand from the FA for their bullying behaviour that other clubs don't.

Parity would be Ferguson being at least warned and apologising, the same way Pardew did when he over-stepped the mark by pushing the lino against Spurs.

Challenging the referee with such vehemence sets a very bad example, and validates the actions of Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney, who regularly will run the length of the pitch to crowd around and yell into the face of cowering referees - then escape dissent. Giggs can break up play in a very intentional (if not malicious way) and escape yellow cards all day long, and then there's Ferguson himself who can disparage Michael Oliver last week and then try to intimidate Mike Dean this week and suffer no repercussions. The corporate media-machine of Man Utd rolls on.

He isn't a WUM, he's just a Manu fan. I think that's the reality of it really; as i say - they're just another breed of football fan altogether. A Manu fan who is my age has probably had less ruined weekends in their life, than a typical supporter gets over the course of a few seasons. Impossible to take their viewpoint seriously on anything.

I hate them as much as anyone so I certainly agree but he's clearly here to laugh at us over what's been said and many are taking the bait.

As a football club Man United's turnover is larger they and have more income than any other football club in the world (inc Barca & Real)

Bit of an irrelevant point, but I think you're 3rd behind those two.

edit: http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/industries/sportsbusinessgroup/sports/football/deloitte-football-money-league/d7b295aa0c415310VgnVCM1000001a56f00aRCRD.htm

I hate them as much as anyone so I certainly agree but he's clearly here to laugh at us over what's been said and many are taking the bait.

Probably a fair point really. However, i can't really hate a set of supporters that are genuinely just out of touch with reality."We didn't win the league this year! :(" ... "We didn't make the final of the Champions League this year! :(" It's just another world they're living in.

I'd usually think this is just another attempt for him to draw attention away from the incidents involving his players (RvP and Valencia) and onto him, but those comments are more childish and petty than anything he's said before.

Kna not this time, after the Swansea game & now this is an old bloke cracking under the pressure, losing the title to City caused him to lose the plot he is rapidly becoming an embarrassment.

If he's losing the plot and cracking under the pressure? We are currently 7 points clear and having already played all the so called bigger clubs away from home. Hardly a disaster, the pressures on for sure but better that than being stuck in mid-table going nowhere.

I think fergie really feels the pressure when hes top- the nasty old bastard much prefers chasing a team down, bringing all his Vile traits out in the press.

Guys, Man United supporter here. I registered just to say that I am really sorry about Fergies comments. And most fans I know are quite embarrassed by them. I would have supported him if he had just aimed his tirade at Pardew; but calling your cub 'wee little' was totally unacceptable. Whats more, most united fans agree that Newcastle are anything but a small club, rather you are a fantastic club with a rich history. And even if it had been another small club, the comments were still way out of order. If tomorrow someone at Real Madrid or Barca were to call us 'small time' , I would be absolutely seething. So I can well imagine your consternation. I know it won't set it right, but I would like to apologize; I and most other united fans are not with fergie on this.

Another Man United fand here, and seething myself after seeing your snivelling post pixel. You don't speak for most other United fans so apologize by all means but don't make up rubbish like all Man United fans aren't with Fergie on this.

If you care to go onto Red Issue (Man United forum) for example you'll see most fans on there are applauding Fergie for giving it back to Pardew after his hypoctrical comments about referees.

I think the point Fergie was making was that if it was a manager of a different club with a smaller profile (Newcastle, Sunderland or whoever) then there wouldn't be all the national mock outrage and days and days of talking hypocritical s**** about it on the radio, in the papers etc.

You're not disappointed that your 70-odd year old manager isn't big enough to use more respectful language than "wee club in the North East" about a proper football club with good fans like ourselves?  Fair enough.  Adds up with my view of a lot of Man Utd fans tbh, that they're essentially arrogant tossers not worth getting in a conversation with.

Am I disappointed in his press conference? No, not at all. I found it amusing in the knowledge that it would wind you all up. I'm happy that he is sticking up for himself after a couple of days of over the top United/Fergie bashing in the press.

Pardew had no need to stick his size 9's into it in the first place really and Fergie is obviously not happy about that, it is over the top having a pop at your whole club but I found it funny rather than disappointing. If it was someone calling Sunderland a small club you'd all be pissing yourselves.

I was disappointed in his rant at the match though. Having said that while at the game it appeared to us in the Stretford End that the goal had been disallowed and then the ref changed his mind after your players had a go at the linesman.

I honestly believe the goal should never have been given but than I guess I have my red tinted specs on.

:lol: What a wanker

Not a 'comeback' as such but I will very much enjoy, as I have for a good few years, enjoy Man Utd getting absolutely mullerred in the Champions' League.

Their team now is so poor, incredibly weak in central areas. Dortmund/Barca will hock down their throats if they should manage to get past the capricious Real Madrid.

Shit not having any decent comebacks when talking to a Man Utd fan, tbh :lol: Pointing at Barca/Real Madrid/Man City is a mackem style trick/only resort

Still, Stoned Moses is sadly out of touch with the reality of football if he can't even concede that Ferguson and Man Utd's players enjoy a virtual exemption from reprimand from the FA for their bullying behaviour that other clubs don't.

Parity would be Ferguson being at least warned and apologising, the same way Pardew did when he over-stepped the mark by pushing the lino against Spurs.

Challenging the referee with such vehemence sets a very bad example, and validates the actions of Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney, who regularly will run the length of the pitch to crowd around and yell into the face of cowering referees - then escape dissent. Giggs can break up play in a very intentional (if not malicious way) and escape yellow cards all day long, and then there's Ferguson himself who can disparage Michael Oliver last week and then try to intimidate Mike Dean this week and suffer no repercussions. The corporate media-machine of Man Utd rolls on.

It's a very conscious mentality seeping throughout the club. From manager, to players, to fans. Man Utd themselves are the only ones who can't see the consistently favourable treatment the club gets, as they childishly label any criticism as "bitterness". It makes the argument null and void as they simply refuse to listen to anything else.

Btw, you missed out Paul "ho ho ho a cheeky scamp, he can't tackle can he? Ha! He nearly broke his leg there, the rascal" Scholes.

Guest firetotheworks

Everytime I encounter a Man United 'supporter' online, I imagine that they're Terry Cristian. So, naturally, I want most of them to vacate my life immediately.

The really annoying thing is, almost EVERYTHING goes in Man U's favour and they still have the nerve to complain when one decision (which didn't even cost them the game) doesn't go their way :lol:

Everytime I encounter a Man United 'supporter' online, I imagine that they're Terry Cristian. So, naturally, I want most of them to vacate my life immediately.

Or indeed anywhere in life...they're all patronising, look down their noses at you types. I don't care about tarring them all with the same brush.....every single one that I've met over the years, and there have been many, even when they were cowering in Liverpool's wake, has been like that. .

Guest bimpy474

The really annoying thing is, almost EVERYTHING goes in Man U's favour and they still have the nerve to complain when one decision (which didn't even cost them the game) doesn't go their way :lol:

Aye, ask Leffe about Tottenham's luck or poor ref decisions at Old Trafford, some of them bordered on cheating.

Aye, ask Leffe about Tottenham's luck or poor ref decisions at Old Trafford, some of them bordered on cheating.

Pedro Mendes and Roy Carroll springs to mind.

Guest bimpy474

Pedro Mendes and Roy Carroll springs to mind.

Aye, Clattenberg playing on as well. A penalty not given i remember too, a penalty for Man Utd for a dive as well. List goes on and on.

s*** not having any decent comebacks when talking to a Man Utd fan, tbh :lol: Pointing at Barca/Real Madrid/Man City is a mackem style trick/only resort

It's a very conscious mentality seeping throughout the club. From manager, to players, to fans. Man Utd themselves are the only ones who can't see the consistently favourable treatment the club gets, as they childishly label any criticism as "bitterness". It makes the argument null and void as they simply refuse to listen to anything else.

Btw, you missed out Paul "ho ho ho a cheeky scamp, he can't tackle can he? Ha! He nearly broke his leg there, the rascal" Scholes.

i think they do see it but they aren't going to admit it are they. they must know they'll get away with it otherwise they wouldn't do it so much.

Rarer than rocking horse shite the "genuine" Manchester United fan btw.

The ones that are older than me are generally glory hunters from the Busby Babe into Best, Law, Charlton winning the European Cup 1968 types.

Then we have the next generation "sons of Busby" who would always tell me how much a bigger club than Liverpool, Man United were despite me having diddly connection to Liverpool, nor them winning a couple of FA Cups compared to Liverpool conquering the European Cup virtually yearly.

Now we have the modern day glory boys who've known nothing but trophy after trophy ,year after year. Is it any wonder real fans shun their opinions?