Are you in support of Sheff Utd?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Armchair Pundit

I don't see how people can say Sheffield weren't good enough to stay up but West Ham were - if West Ham hadn't had Tevez's goals or his mate at the back playing illegally for them they'd have been in the same state Sheffield was and probably have been relegated instead. Now, I understand how it would look like sour grapes if Sheffield had complained about West Ham's punishment now the final game has been played but they along with several other teams complained when the original fine was dished out. Seems very unfair that a team with enough money can buy their way out of trouble when a points deduction would be fair to all. Nothing will happen though now that the league has finished, sadly Sheffield will have to put up with the FA being full of shit.

I amazed anyone is in support of West Ham. It's like fielding a cup-tied player in the FA Cup final, winning, and then going, "Well, tough shit, you weren't good enough to beat us on the pitch."

I amazed anyone is in support of West Ham. It's like fielding a cup-tied player in the FA Cup final, winning, and then going, "Well, tough s***, you weren't good enough to beat us on the pitch."

Totally agree.  The points West Ham got when Tevez was playing illegally should have been deducted in addition to the fine.  Eggy knew what he was doing when he lied to the premiership, he had been Iceland's representative to Uefa after all.  Could hardly claim he didn't know how football worked.

I think the panel got it totally wrong but there's no way that they can reverse the decision now.  I can see some kind of financial compensation going Sheffield United's way if they kick up enough of a fuss.

I'm still surprised that events have conspired to make this an issue.  It was an incredible run that saved them from relegation in the first place.

They were pretty much safe 8 games ago. Its their own fault they were carp and got no points. (Although unlucky to loose Hulse who would have carried them to safety).  :thup:

That is a fair point, it's their own stupid fault for not disobeying the transfer window rules and signing a new striker who'd carry them to safety.