Are you in support of Sheff Utd?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

well then why should a team who was good enough to stay up go down and a team that wasnt good enough stay up?

Errrr because they were playing an illegal player.  :uglystupid2:

Would they have complained if they finished 7th?

This is bollocks, SU are only bitter because they went down, they are just trying to get themselves back up again, Wigan did all this s*** when they were down there and shitting themselves, the fact is no one was docked points, so over the course of the season Sheffield were not good enough to survive and shouldnt be up in the big league. He mentions the argument about playing by the rules, well then why should a team who was good enough to stay up go down and a team that wasnt good enough stay up? Good ridance to them.

West Ham were only good enough to stay up directly due to the goals scored by a player they fielded ineligibly for three quarters of the season. An unfashionable northern team would have been docked points without hesitation.

In '96 if they'd found out ManU shouldn't have been playing Cantona would you be saying it didn't matter?

Guest gggg
they are relegated because they aren't good enough - that's the end of that story!

Can you explain how they arent better than a West Ham without Tevez?

they are relegated because they aren't good enough - that's the end of that story!

Erm no its not.  :lol:

Its the end of the story because he says it is. End of.

Aye you are right, i'll let McCabe know he has to drop his claim against the FA & WHU as Teepee said so!  O0

Guest Ezekiel 25:17

As far as I can see, in all divisions from the top of the professional game to the lowest reaches of non-league, the standard punishment for fielding an ineligible player has been the deduction of points. If you unfairly gain an advantage on the football field, then the punishment should reflect that, and that's a regular principle at all levels.

I reckon the only reason West Ham escaped was because the Premiership knew that they would oppose a points deduction through the courts, but accept a fine. They wanted to avoid a legal tangle which might disrupt next season. It would serve them right if they ended up in a different kind of legal fight as a result.

Every sympathy with Sheffield United.

For me, this just about sums it up.

Most of the posts in this thread in support of West Ham seem to be because they like West Ham and not because they think the punishment handed out was fair, it wasn't. They should of been deducted points like all other teams in the lower leagues have for the same crimes.

SU have a right to moan imo.

Guest gggg

2 more clubs (one of them Boro) are joining Fulham, Charlton, Sheff Utd and Wigan in this apparently.

Guest teepee

Can you explain how they arent better than a West Ham without Tevez?

over the course of the season west ham would have scored the same amount of goals without tevez i think - remember that he had a pretty poor first half of the season, then followed by this fantastic end to it...

what i mean by them being relegated because they aren't good enough is quite simple - they don't play very well, they have 38 pts - in that situation every manager know the risk of relegation is pretty fuckin big....

Guest teepee

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42921000/jpg/_42921305_wigan.jpg

Did Peter Reid run on the pitch like?

:lol:

fantastic!

Guest Toon83

This whole thing about Tevez should have been sorted out when they (mascherano & tevez) signed.

When they did sign and all the controversy was around, knowone complained, but all of a sudden when it affects the so called four they have something to say.

The relegation battle was decided on the pitch and i just think its pathetic that Sheffield United are pissed off at this time, when in reallity if they hadnt been so bad this season then they wouldnt be in this position