Are you in support of Sheff Utd?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, because I don't like West Ham and I do like Neil Warnock, oh and let's not forget that West Ham broke the rules and that the normal sanction for breaking those type of rules is a points deduction.

Send the Cockneys down!!

they are relegated because they aren't good enough - that's the end of that story!

Can you explain how they arent better than a West Ham without Tevez?

over the course of the season west ham would have scored the same amount of goals without tevez i think - remember that he had a pretty poor first half of the season, then followed by this fantastic end to it...

:laugh:

Do you think West Ham would have stayed up without Tevez?

Guest gggg
what i mean by them being relegated because they aren't good enough is quite simple - they don't play very well, they have 38 pts - in that situation every manager know the risk of relegation is pretty fuckin big....

38 points they got fair and square. West Ham wouldnt have got past 30 without Tevez and thats ignoring the fact that in the lower leagues they'd have been deducted points anyway wether he was a good player or not.

The fact they werent good enough is neither here nor there, they werent playing on a level playing field to start with. Maybe they should have brought in a few world cup stars to even it up because the rules obviously dont matter anymore.

The Premiership - Where Cheats Prosper

they are relegated because they aren't good enough - that's the end of that story!

Can you explain how they arent better than a West Ham without Tevez?

over the course of the season west ham would have scored the same amount of goals without tevez i think - remember that he had a pretty poor first half of the season, then followed by this fantastic end to it...

Do you think West Ham would have stayed up without Tevez?

Jon would tell you its impossible to say.

No, is the answer to the question though.

It would be nice to see justice done for once..................... 

Anyone else think that if it had been a unfancied non london club it would have been 10 points deducted back in February???

West Ham were lucky not to get demoted, let alone a points deduction. Deliberately lying, in addition to breaking the rules is about as serious as it gets.

Stop calling The Premiership the EPL! ffs.

West Ham were lucky not to get demoted, let alone a points deduction. Deliberately lying, in addition to breaking the rules is about as serious as it gets.

Why not FFS?  :rolleyes:

Guest smoggeordie

Stop calling it The Premiership!

THE Premier League and Barclays have announced that from the start of the 2007/08 season the competition name will change to the Barclays Premier League on a global basis.

The competition is currently known as the Barclays Premiership in the UK and the Barclays English Premier League overseas.

The decision was taken after extensive research with fans and other stakeholders during the Premier League's recent re-branding exercise showed the need for a single unified identity.

Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Scudamore, said: "We are confident that our simplified and strengthened global identity will help fans associate better with our fantastic competition".

Robert E. Diamond Jr, Barclays President, said: "We're delighted to be the title global sponsor of the Barclays Premier League because of its huge appeal among fans across the world. Introducing a single name for the competition presents our brand in a consistent way across the world."

The Premier League fudged the issue and fined them a ridiculously larger amount and hoped that the size of the fine would be enough to satisfy the other threatened clubs. As draconian as it sounds I think West Ham should have been stripped of every point they won whilst fielding Tevez or Mascherano. They lied and broke the rules.

Also agree that if the roles were reversed and Sheff Utd had fielded an ineligible player, they'd have lost points.

I love how all teams that get relegated whinge about the last match or 2 of the season even though if they'd pulled their fingers out earlier on in the season they wouldn't be in a position to go down.

"....but but but he tripped me up in the last minute of stockage time and the ref didn't give me a pen  :'(  why oh why are you so mean to us, we have it so tough, no-one likes us, waaaaaaaa :weep:"

STFU. Try harder next time little bitch and enjoy yer fizzy pop :lol:

don't really care between the two teams who goes down,however teams who field inelligible players usually lose points or are kicked out of the tournament.

indeed they do.

Guest optimistic nit

As far as I can see, in all divisions from the top of the professional game to the lowest reaches of non-league, the standard punishment for fielding an ineligible player has been the deduction of points. If you unfairly gain an advantage on the football field, then the punishment should reflect that, and that's a regular principle at all levels.

I reckon the only reason West Ham escaped was because the Premiership knew that they would oppose a points deduction through the courts, but accept a fine. They wanted to avoid a legal tangle which might disrupt next season. It would serve them right if they ended up in a different kind of legal fight as a result.

Every sympathy with Sheffield United.

me too.

AFC wimbledon got docked 20 odd points and chucked out of the cup for fielding an illegible player, which was an administrative error, not deliberate falsehood.

westham are a bunch of cunts, the only good thing about them is rob lee. they'll finish above us next season as well.

Guest geordiebaz

No way am I in support of them its great to see Warnock finally stuck for words he put blame at everything other than his players not being good enough over 38 games.

Bye Bye Neil

No way am I in support of them its great to see Warnock finally stuck for words he put blame at everything other than his players not being good enough over 38 games.

Bye Bye Neil

it's got nowt to do with wether you like the club or manager but following procedures.don't think sheff utd think clubs A and B.don't even think about relegation,think it's september and the clubwith the dodgy player have started off ok.....shoulkd they be docked points when in similar cases the club have been docked points ?

Guest hodsgod

Fact is Tevez didn't relegate them. They got themselves relegated. If Tevez hadn't hit form, you wouldn't be hearing any of this.

Fact is he did pick up form, his goals alone saved them from relegation, and most importantly, he shouldn't have been playing.

Guest sittingontheball

"One of the reasons given by the commission for not deducting points - despite finding West Ham guilty of dishonesty and deceit - was that the timing, so late in the season, would have meant 'West Ham would have certainly been relegated'."

from http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,,2073465,00.html

This report says that the league officials *themselves admit* to bottling the decision due to its consequences.

This suggests that W ham would have been docked points had they not been in the relegation battle. The net result is that crap teams who break the rules get let off.

I don't like Warnock or Sheff Utd, (or WH) but this verdict smacks of zero bottle at the league and smells of cockney cronyism. Every northern club would be docked points.

Guest teepee

my point is that sheffield united aren't good enough for the epl - and instead of spending their time grasping for straws they should have knuckled down and collected two more points....

i've never commented on whether or not the commisions decision was fair, right or anything - but sheffield u. should blame themselves and their poor performances for relegation - but warnock the crying little girl points his finger in every other possible direction.... pathetic

my point is that sheffield united aren't good enough for the epl - and instead of spending their time grasping for straws they should have knuckled down and collected two more points....

i've never commented on whether or not the commisions decision was fair, right or anything - but sheffield u. should blame themselves and their poor performances for relegation - but warnock the crying little girl points his finger in every other possible direction.... pathetic

But somehow West Ham are?

A mate of mine's a big West ham fan and he freely admits they were really lucky not to be docked points..........really enjoyed watching Sunday's game with him in the boozer mind.

My take on it is that the Premier League have decided to go easy on them as the new owners had nothing to do with what went on, and it would be a tad harsh to punish them while the real culprits got off scott free. Not saying whether it's right or wrong, but I think that's what they've done.

It's most amusing to see Colin Wanker's twisty face mind, and I hope the self-opinionated cock gets the bullet today.  :clap: