Trivia Question

Optimistic Nut

Guest smoggeordie

Aye and the other ones

......................googling away i bet.

Not really, I just remembered Earnshaw from the last time it was asked.

How the hell did you get that?

Which club in the UK has the highest stadium above sea level?

West Brom.

551ft above sea level IIUGC

Google is cheating man, I knew West Brom because I've seen us play there twice and some sad c*** mentioned it being the highest ground when I went.

Guest smoggeordie

West Brom.

Goggle is cheating man, I knew West Brom because I've seen us play there twice and some sad c*** mentioned it being the highest ground when I went.

Aye, but he was on about all the stoners in the home end ;)

West Brom.

How the hell did you get that?

Birmingham is the highest above sea level of all the major British cities by some distance, stands to reason it would be one of the three grounds in the city.

I always used to think it was Oldham, but this was based on the fact that Boundary Park is without doubt a. the coldest ground and b. the windiest ground in England.

I remember on Bostock's Cup (f*cking classic that was), one of the players said he'd experienced playing at the very highest level...WBA referring to it's height above sea level. :lol:

Aye and the other ones

......................googling away i bet.

Not really, I just remembered Earnshaw from the last time it was asked.

Had he not scored hat-tricks in League One, League Two, the FA Cup & the League Cup too? Sure that was part of the question.

I always used to think it was Oldham, but this was based on the fact that Boundary Park is without doubt a. the coldest ground and b. the windiest ground in England.

Just looked at the Wikipedia page for Boundary Park, claims its the 2nd highest ground in England. Suprised. I know how cold it is there (Been there many times, only down the road), but I always assumed that was because of it being in such an open area. Even if Oldham is up t' hill, thought there would be more higher ones.  :undecided:

• 2 months later...

Just seen the question on nufc.co.uk and I'm a bit stumped.

Name the 15 players to play for nufc who have won the European cup (including one who signed this summer)?

To start people off I managed to get some of the easy ones:

Butt

Kluivert

Geremi (i think)

Rush

Keegan

Tomasson

Hamann

Geremi's right I think. Not sure. The others are right apart from Waddle though - they lost in the final to (iirc) Red Star Belgrade.

Did Kenny Dalglish ever play for the Toon, in a friendly or something daft like that. Which reminds me - Gullit did.

Geremi's right I think. Not sure. The others are right apart from Waddle though - they lost in the final to (iirc) Red Star Belgrade.

Aye that's right.  blueyes.gif

Could have sworn they won it!  :lol:

Aye that's right.  blueyes.gif

Could have sworn they won it!  :lol:

Beat Milan in the semis and should have won the final. Belgrade were ultra-defensive and played for a draw / penalties, and it worked.