Owen

Parky

G. Messiah eh? Name reminds me of someone...

Liverpool must be having a good think about Owen's situation. This season has proven without a shadow of a doubt that the one player theyre lacking the most is a 20+ natural goalscorer. Owen happens to be that, and hes also allegedly available for close to what theyve sold him for.

To be fair, he's never scored more 20 in a season as far as I know.

He's never even ("even" :lol:) got 20.

Was that a dig at my lack of the word "than" NM? :)

This 20 goals a season things bollocks. There aren't many strikers who'll score 20+ PL goals, especially if they aren't a regular pen taker. If we have a striker who's scoring 15/16 goals from open play, I don't think we can have too many complaints as long as others are chipping in as well.

There's never bene more than 4 players get 20+ in a season for 10 years or more -  normally fewer.

Mind, Melanchronic, people don't complain (unless they are a mental) about Martins not scoring 20+, but about his phenomenal inconsistency, frequent issues with ball control, and inability to read the game.

Liverpool must be having a good think about Owen's situation. This season has proven without a shadow of a doubt that the one player theyre lacking the most is a 20+ natural goalscorer. Owen happens to be that, and hes also allegedly available for close to what theyve sold him for.

No, it was my backing up your being (almost) right. He's never hit 20 goals (and probably never will, certainly not for us!). :)

No, it was my backing up your being (almost) right. He's never hit 20 goals (and probably never will, certainly not for us!). :)

Ah, thats what I meant, didn't write it well. Owen tends to make up for it in other areas but even during his best and most consistent days at Liverpool he never surpassed or got 20 a season.

Ah, thats what I meant, didn't write it well. Owen tends to make up for it in other areas but even during his best and most consistent days at Liverpool he never surpassed or got 20 a season.

Yes, thats what i was trying to help with.

And i think his overall contribution is over valued, beyond scoring goals. He's a bit of a Dyer in the 'other parts of his game' stakes for me.

I can't see why not, he hit 17 in his first season in a largely underperforming side. Why wont he get that extra 3 under a better manager with hopefully a much better team?

I can't see why not, he hit 17 in his first season in a largely underperforming side. Why wont he get that extra 3 under a better manager with hopefully a much better team?

Jon, I think NM was talking about Owen, not Martins..

Guest Kayleigh

steven taylor was in tesco yesterday with a mate, they were glancing at the back page of the chronicle while waiting and were talking about owen couldn't quite hear what they were saying though. if he is going to leave which from a nufc fan's perspective at the moment seems he wants to then i hope he goes to liverpool and not spurs because that would be a big kick in the teeth!

steven taylor was in tesco yesterday with a mate, they were glancing at the back page of the chronicle while waiting and were talking about owen couldn't quite hear what they were saying though. if he is going to leave which from a nufc fan's perspective at the moment seems he wants to then i hope he goes to liverpool and not spurs because that would be a big kick in the teeth!

As said before I can't see him going to Spurs and more than half his wage.

Guest Kayleigh

if what he said last year was true about him feeling guilty about being injured etc etc was true then if he did move to spurs then obviously this would prove to be a load of rubbish, i don't think he would go to spurs i think he would only leave for a top four team

Guest Kayleigh

if he was ever needed to take a pay cut then the only team i think he would take a pay cut for would be liverpool as i think thats the only team he wants to play for truely

Hmm...I was sure he had, and http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/3929.html seems to confirm it.

01-02 Liverpool League 19 Goals, 29 Games 5 Goals, 10 Games (Champions League)

02-03 Liverpool League 19 Goals, 35 Games 4 + 3 Goals, 6 + 6 Games (Champions League + UEFA Cup)

Thats 24 and 26 goals respectively.

Regardless, hes a 20+ striker, whether or not hes ever achieved 20+ (which he has). Factors like fitness obviously play a part as to whether he gets to that target or not, but essentially hes a player who you would expect to hit 20+ if he were to play enough games.

Hmm...I was sure he had, and http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/3929.html seems to confirm it.

01-02 Liverpool League 19 Goals, 29 Games 5 Goals, 10 Games (Champions League)

02-03 Liverpool League 19 Goals, 35 Games 4 + 3 Goals, 6 + 6 Games (Champions League + UEFA Cup)

Thats 24 and 26 goals respectively.

Regardless, hes a 20+ striker, whether or not hes ever achieved 20+ (which he has). Factors like fitness obviously play a part as to whether he gets to that target or not, but essentially hes a player who you would expect to hit 20+ if he were to play enough games.

On my stats he's still in the top 10 finishers in Europe - goals per game.

Guest microbar

He Does not care about NUFC,

His number one priority when he was injured was getting fit for England,

I for one would be glad to see the back of Owen,

And whoever allowed the 9million clause in owens contract

wants his head looking at.

Bye Bye Owen you money Grabbing AR**  Ho**  :tickedoff:

Bye Bye Owen you money Grabbing AR**  Ho**   :tickedoff:

He is currently in the Freeman getting his lungs and chest looked at!

Bye Bye Owen you money Grabbing AR**  Ho**   :tickedoff:

Like most footballers, this isn't really the issue.

http://www.eatfootball.net/opinion_images/Image/bubble_owen.jpg

With the welcome news of Newcastle’s Michael Owen returning to fitness, the Geordie club have announced they will be taking no chances with the injury prone player.

The Magpies have announced Michael will be fitted with a revolutionary piece of new anti injury kit on his return back to the premiership.

The Human Bubble Ball is not dissimilar to a large transparent beach ball in which the player is placed and sealed in, preventing injury from opposing players.

A Newcastle spokesperson told EN:

“This is ideal; Michael is totally safe in the Human Bubble Ball, any rash tackles on Michael will not be felt and the offending player will rebound off the tough durable bubble.”

To try and understand the workings of the Human Bubble Ball, EN spoke to its inventor, Bert Limpsfield, Bert told EN:

“It works on the same principal of a hamster wheel you see, the player, in this particular case Michael Owen, will run within the bubble and it will pick up speed, he can also direct the bubble by leaning to the desired direction.”

The ground breaking piece of equipment has shown interest with other Premiership players, it is believed Chris Kirkland, Harry Kewell and Joe Cole have all tested the H.B.B.

Although on closer inspection of the H.B.B, it does seem to have its safety issues. A Newcastle grounds man agreed to speak with EN as long as he remained anonymous, Mike Winklestack of 32 Green Lane,Newcastle told EN:

“Its bloody dangerous like, I saw Michael testing it on the training ground like, and the wind caught it like, and it blew across the field out of control, Nobby Solarno saved the day by diving on it, Michael was a bit shook up like man you know.”

Further allegations on the safety of the H.B.B come from Arsenal’s wonderkid, Theo Walcott. Sources from the club claim Theo’s bubble bust just after the World Cup.

• 1 year later...

I am hoping that as he appears to be being openly snubbed by Capello, that he wants to prove a point and score some goals in the games that remain for us.

I want him to have the attitude that "my goals will save this club and show the England Manager what I can do".

I am hoping that as he appears to be being openly snubbed by Capello, that he wants to prove a point and score some goals in the games that remain for us.

I want him to have the attitude that "my goals will save this club and show the England Manager what I can do".

8 goals in 8 games will have Capello under pressure to include him in the squad.

Some journalists on yesterday's SS1 talk-in on the subject stated that it might not be Owen's form or injury problems that are keeping him out of the squad, but something dismissive he said to the media after his last appearance for England under Capello, a game which had people questioning Capello's tactics and use of substitutions.

Guest neesy111

8 goals in 8 games will have Capello under pressure to include him in the squad.

Some journalists on yesterday's SS1 talk-in on the subject stated that it might not be Owen's form or injury problems that are keeping him out of the squad, but something dismissive he said to the media after his last appearance for England under Capello, a game which had people questioning Capello's tactics and use of substitutions.

owen's form hasn't be good, i think it's 2 goals in 10 games for us now, that for a player who offer's nothing to the team show's he is not mr incredible goalscorer and player that some fan's and certainly pundits think he is

i wouldn't put it past him going to the mls, cos I can't see many premiership offering anything like what owen will want, with his injury record i think he could only get a pay as you play contract

owen's form hasn't be good, i think it's 2 goals in 10 games for us now, that for a player who offer's nothing to the team show's he is not mr incredible goalscorer and player that some fan's and certainly pundits think he is

i wouldn't put it past him going to the mls, cos I can't see many premiership offering anything like what owen will want, with his injury record i think he could only get a pay as you play contract

mls don't know or care who he is - beckham broke america due to his wife, being tom cruise's "friend" & marketing fuck all else...they'd laugh owen out of negotiations

besides his beloved stable and chopper pad is in wales or something...he'd play for cardiff before going to the states