Liverpool's brand of football: 'Sh*t hanging from a stick,' says Jorge Valdano

DJ_NUFC

You can't argue with success.

However as a neutral, you can not tune in the next time Liverpool play Chelsea! That's what I'll be doing for sure!! You lads and lasses might think its bad but imagine what its like if you have to get up in the middle of the night to watch it.

Yes I'd rather have my team shittingontheball and winning rather than playing attractive football and losing.

is true if we had played gun ho against chelsea they would of ripped us apart

That is what excites me about Big Sam. We can play nice football against lower teams, but against the big teams Big Sam knows how to make his team play like wankers and force out results.

Guest Rafa

So, in summation, speaking the truth is not permissible because Liverpool is such a mighty institution?

Can't wait till Stevie sees that - Benitez is responding to "s*** on a stick" with "s*** from the mouth"

I'm amazed really, that no one didn't pick up on the fact that Rafa didn't defend the style of football, just defended the name of the club.

You lot are really slipping :)

Thing is, ask how many Liverpool fans are unhappy with Rafa and with the football, there isn't many a fan who is, Liverpool fans tend to love the baldy tubby Spaniard we have in charge. That is what matters. We also reaslise that as a whole, the 'brand' of football served up in the prem isn't that great, and the arrogance of other team's fans who think they can laugh, is well - a good laugh.

Valdano's rant was more to do with his long standing problem with Rafa, that goes back many many years. Don't know what his problem is with Maurenho, but then everyone knows he has no excuse for the s*** he serves up week in week out.

That's why I added a smiley.  You and serious aren't the best of bedfellows.

It's too easy so I thought I'd give you a chance.

Simplest of things darling. Look at last years PL points and this years. See anything?  :o

So, in summation, speaking the truth is not permissible because Liverpool is such a mighty institution?

Can't wait till Stevie sees that - Benitez is responding to "s*** on a stick" with "s*** from the mouth"

I'm amazed really, that no one didn't pick up on the fact that Rafa didn't defend the style of football, just defended the name of the club.

You lot are really slipping :)

Thing is, ask how many Liverpool fans are unhappy with Rafa and with the football, there isn't many a fan who is, Liverpool fans tend to love the baldy tubby Spaniard we have in charge. That is what matters. We also reaslise that as a whole, the 'brand' of football served up in the prem isn't that great, and the arrogance of other team's fans who think they can laugh, is well - a good laugh.

Valdano's rant was more to do with his long standing problem with Rafa, that goes back many many years. Don't know what his problem is with Maurenho, but then everyone knows he has no excuse for the s*** he serves up week in week out.

Fair post.

Guest Scouseman

Darling?   Steady on man.

Yes, we went out of the CL earlier last year and played for points right up until the last match.

Once CL was secured this season Rafa experimented.

Terrible start and bedding in quite a few new players also hampered this season.

Guest sittingontheball

I don't know if its Mourinho's fault, but Robben no longer looks the superconfident flair player he was when he arrived at Chelsea. You could say defenders have just cottoned on to his bag of tricks or the injuries have done him in.  Anyway, from his first fifteen games, he looked to have all the potential of Christiano Ronaldo. He looks far more timid than Ronaldo now.

I don't know if its Mourinho's fault, but Robben no longer looks the superconfident flair player he was when he arrived at Chelsea. You could say defenders have just cottoned on to his bag of tricks or the injuries have done him in.  Anyway, from his first fifteen games, he looked to have all the potential of Christiano Ronaldo. He looks far more timid than Ronaldo now.

Could be that he's worried about losing the rest of his hair by the age of 25.  Decided not to do any sudden movements to shake unstable hairs out. 

Guest zicobones

plus the fact that benitez has done very well so far at liverpool

What has he done?

lmao you havin a laugh aint you  :laugh:

I'm serious. Explain.

simple where better than you thats me explaining  :D

You see goals scored week-in, week-out over there on Revista de la Liga that would be on the shortlist for Goal of the Season over here.

That's a massive exaggeration.

The quality of goals in Spain are higher, but then the players have so much space its easier to score great goals anyway.

Guest Knightrider

Anyone ever see Valencia under Rafa? They played some great football, yet had the defensive and tactical side of Liverpool, they were a great team and had they won the Champions League, would have went down as one of the best sides of the past 20 years or so in my opinion.

Guest zicobones

To be fair, Milan are going to win the Champion's League having played great football, and very attractive football too.

I truly hope so. It'll be properly sickening for the Red s**** to win it again.

your get better ready to throw up alot then  :D

Anyone ever see Valencia under Rafa? They played some great football, yet had the defensive and tactical side of Liverpool, they were a great team and had they won the Champions League, would have went down as one of the best sides of the past 20 years or so in my opinion.

I'll never forget the time they wiped the floor with us in the Champions League, home and away. At Anfield, we were lucky to score 0. We hardly had a touch of the ball. Easily the harshest drubbing I've ever seen us take.

Apparently, when Ged was on the way out, the board asked the senior players which team had been the hardest they'd ever played against. They all said Rafa's Valencia...