Man City

NE5

A real desire to prove Liverpool wrong and do what he tried to do there, win the league which has always been a big ambition of his? Any club that can realistically offer such carrots to GH would stand a very good chance of getting him, whether City can who knows. Ranieir I like but agree with Baggio, good manager but he's the kind who could easily backfire, even if he starts well, as he's a bit hot and cold for me.

I wasn't referring to the unfinished business thing - I agree entirely on that part - I was referring to the bit after re the top four or Newcastle part.

Well what's to disagree with??  Fucking hell.  You think he would turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa?  I seriously doubt it.  Whereas on the other hand on more than one occasion he's indirectly registered an interest in the toon job.

What's your problem exactly?

This is one of the most informed, entertaining and honest sites around for football chat, but you always seem one step away from an enormous argument and just look to provoke it.

Turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa? There's an enormous irony in that that I'd trust even you to work out.

sorry, but I think Man City are a bigger fanbase club with better supporters than Villa too. Absolutely no question.

I don't think that's what he was getting at...

So can you please tell me why Mourinho whilst still at Porto declared he's interest for the vacant spurs managerial position before eventually heading to Chelsea???

So Spurs turned down Mourinho allowing him to go to his second choice Chelsea, and instead appointed Santini who lasted 13 games? And people have a go at our managerial appointments...

Nope, Mourinho prefered chelsea to spurs once the chelsea managerial position was vacant.

It was as good as vacant practically the whole of the 03-04 season. It was the worst kept secret in football at the time that Ranieri was going to be dumped at the end of that season and Mourinho was constantly linked. You'd better update Wikipedia with your version of events though as currently it says:

Whilst still at FCP, Mourinho was linked with several top European clubs, including Liverpool and Chelsea.

No mention of his mad desire to join Spurs there at all.  ???

Guest kingdawson

So can you please tell me why Mourinho whilst still at Porto declared he's interest for the vacant spurs managerial position before eventually heading to Chelsea???

So Spurs turned down Mourinho allowing him to go to his second choice Chelsea, and instead appointed Santini who lasted 13 games? And people have a go at our managerial appointments...

Nope, Mourinho prefered chelsea to spurs once the chelsea managerial position was vacant.

It was as good as vacant practically the whole of the 03-04 season. It was the worst kept secret in football at the time that Ranieri was going to be dumped at the end of that season and Mourinho was constantly linked. You'd better update Wikipedia with your version of events though as currently it says:

Whilst still at FCP, Mourinho was linked with several top European clubs, including Liverpool and Chelsea.

No mention of his mad desire to join Spurs there at all.  ???

Do you really want me to dig the quotes up??

Look I got a fuckin C in my GCSE Italian and that was 13 years ago.

Anyway vaffanculo

I'm doing that flicking my throat with my finger gesture as I type this.

Why bother?  No one can see you.

If those comments from Capello are genuine, look at the date, Spurs didn't have a manager, he didn't have a job and his last comment acknowledges Spurs are nothing but could be big.  He basically says he would like to work with a club with ambition in England, that could be anyone really.

Sorry stevie, he was Roma manager at the time.

Yes but he was looking for another club, Roma were in the relegation zone at the time that article was published.  He was as good as away, and all through the season was trying to engineer a move to another club.  He achieved that at the end of the season when he went to Juventus.

You really are pathetic, One minute you say "he didnt have a job", after you get proven wrong you come up with a new excuse. Stop acting as if you know everything only to be made to look like a clown ffs.

Stop getting emotional kingdawson, I thought he was (like yourself) out of work, I knew there was some reason but couldn't remember what it was.  People like him don't just declare their interest in nothing jobs unless their stock has fallen.

He even considered becoming Robson's assistant in 2002, so that means nothing.

A real desire to prove Liverpool wrong and do what he tried to do there, win the league which has always been a big ambition of his? Any club that can realistically offer such carrots to GH would stand a very good chance of getting him, whether City can who knows. Ranieir I like but agree with Baggio, good manager but he's the kind who could easily backfire, even if he starts well, as he's a bit hot and cold for me.

I wasn't referring to the unfinished business thing - I agree entirely on that part - I was referring to the bit after re the top four or Newcastle part.

Well what's to disagree with??  f****** hell.  You think he would turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa?  I seriously doubt it.  Whereas on the other hand on more than one occasion he's indirectly registered an interest in the toon job.

This is one of the most informed, entertaining and honest sites around for football chat, but you always seem one step away from an enormous argument and just look to provoke it.

Turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa? There's an enormous irony in that that I'd trust even you to work out.

sorry, but I think Man City are a bigger fanbase club with better supporters than Villa too. Absolutely no question.

Exactly, bigger fanbase than every club in this country bar Man Utd, Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Well what's to disagree with??  Fucking hell.  You think he would turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa?  I seriously doubt it.  Whereas on the other hand on more than one occasion he's indirectly registered an interest in the toon job.

I don't think that's what he was getting at...

Indeed, it wasn't what I was getting at.

I'll spell out the point you've managed to miss.

Turn down Man City to go to Villa, he questioned. Well, forgetting Citeh, who is our current manager widely considered to have turned down?

Turn down Man City to go to Villa, he questioned. Well, forgetting Citeh, who is our current manager widely considered to have turned down?

I haven't missed it at all. I said that I agree with the point Stevie appears to be making, which is that Man City have a bigger and better fanbase than Villa and are the bigger potential club.

The fact that you are at the moment better off than city and they are in limbo and possibly about to undergo a change of owners, doesn't change that one iota

Guest kingdawson

Anyway vaffanculo

If those comments from Capello are genuine, look at the date, Spurs didn't have a manager, he didn't have a job and his last comment acknowledges Spurs are nothing but could be big.  He basically says he would like to work with a club with ambition in England, that could be anyone really.

Yes but he was looking for another club, Roma were in the relegation zone at the time that article was published.  He was as good as away, and all through the season was trying to engineer a move to another club.  He achieved that at the end of the season when he went to Juventus.

You really are pathetic, One minute you say "he didnt have a job", after you get proven wrong you come up with a new excuse. Stop acting as if you know everything only to be made to look like a clown ffs.

Stop getting emotional kingdawson, I thought he was (like yourself) out of work, I knew there was some reason but couldn't remember what it was.  People like him don't just declare their interest in nothing jobs unless their stock has fallen.

Actually it means a lot. He was a relative nobody during 2002 in comparison to 2004 where he's stock had risen considerably.

Stevie you say O'Neil would never consider a club like Villa when a club like Manchester city come calling but didnt O'Neil reject Newcastle for Villa?

Anyway vaffanculo

Actually it means a lot. He was a relative nobody during 2002 in comparison to 2004 where he's stock had risen considerably.

Stevie you say O'Neil would never consider a club like Villa when a club like Manchester city come calling but didnt O'Neil reject Newcastle for Villa?

No pmsl

He was even quoted as saying this season Newcastle are the sort of club he wants Villa to be like.

I haven't missed it at all. I said that I agree with the point Stevie appears to be making, which is that Man City have a bigger and better fanbase than Villa and are the bigger potential club.

The fact that you are at the moment better off than city and they are in limbo and possibly about to undergo a change of owners, doesn't change that one iota

Actually, you have entirely missed the point i was making, and focused on some other point of your choice which I didn't even mention. I never even mentioned the relative merits of Citeh and Villa.

Stevie suggested that a manager would not turn down Citeh to go to Villa, and that this in itself is somehow proof that City are a bigger club than Villa (which, incidentally, by any measure other than recent attendances, they are not).

I pointed out the irony that he (and subsequently you) had entirely missed the fact that MON turned down Newcastle and took the Villa job. If Stevie's original assertion is in any way valid, then he is effectively saying Villa are a bigger club than Newcastle.

Can i make it any clearer than that?

Well what's to disagree with??  f****** hell.  You think he would turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa?  I seriously doubt it.  Whereas on the other hand on more than one occasion he's indirectly registered an interest in the toon job.

Actually, you have entirely missed the point i was making, and focused on some other point of your choice which I didn't even mention. I never even mentioned the relative merits of Citeh and Villa.

Stevie suggested that a manager would not turn down Citeh to go to Villa, and that this in itself is somehow proof that City are a bigger club than Villa (which, incidentally, by any measure other than recent attendances, they are not).

I pointed out the irony that he (and subsequently you) had entirely missed the fact that MON turned down Newcastle and took the Villa job. If Stevie's original assertion is in any way valid, then he is effectively saying Villa are a bigger club than Newcastle.

How the fuck do you know he turned the toon job down??  Fucking hell, why would he come out and say this.

Intriguingly, O'Neill made it clear he regarded Newcastle as a template, in terms of their ambition and willingness to invest, for what Villa could become under Lerner. "They have the essence of a brilliant club - 54,000 people go and support them. They get a serious injury to Michael Owen, so what do they do? Spend £10m on a replacement [Obafemi Martins]. They also bought Damien Duff.

"Newcastle deserve success. It doesn't matter what their financial position is, they're prepared to do something because the club demands it. They mean business. "

It's basically an admittance we're a much bigger club, so if he had the opportunity to become our manager, why would he go to a smaller club.  PFFFT some people.

it is obviously the use of the word "bigger" which is confusing you.

You appear to think that because Villa are currently higher in the table and a manager has turned down Man City, it makes them the "bigger" of the two.

It does not.

By the criteria of league position, Bolton are bigger than Newcastle, so why has their manager moved to Newcastle ?

Did you think that Luton were bigger than Villa and Newcastle when they won the League Cup and finished higher than both Newcastle and Villa [although I wouldn't dispute they acted bigger than Newcastle in the past on occasions, in fact I won't even go there].

How big on those basis' did you consider Villa when you were in the 3rd division ?

By "big" clubs, we mean clubs with the biggest, better support, and bigger potential. I believe Stevie said earlier "if clubs performed to their maximum".

To be honest mate, and I hope you can take this in good spirit, because its a genuine comment. I would be ashamed to even think Newcastle were a big club if they took an away following to away games that Villa consistently get at Newcastle, even on the first day of the season when Shearer was sent off and Gullit was manager. You couldn't even sell 3,000 tickets.

You appear to have missed the absolute and only reason I started this thread, but you aren't alone.

Guest kingdawson

How the f*** do you know he turned the toon job down??  f****** hell, why would he come out and say this.

The same way you 'know' Gerrard Houllier was begging for the Newcastle Job :thup:

How the fuck do you know he turned the toon job down??  Fucking hell, why would he come out and say this.

Intriguingly, O'Neill made it clear he regarded Newcastle as a template, in terms of their ambition and willingness to invest, for what Villa could become under Lerner. "They have the essence of a brilliant club - 54,000 people go and support them. They get a serious injury to Michael Owen, so what do they do? Spend £10m on a replacement [Obafemi Martins]. They also bought Damien Duff.

"Newcastle deserve success. It doesn't matter what their financial position is, they're prepared to do something because the club demands it. They mean business. "

It's basically an admittance we're a much bigger club, so if he had the opportunity to become our manager, why would he go to a smaller club.  PFFFT some people.

Again, you've got a marvellous talent for reading things that aren't there. At which point does he say Newcastle are a bigger club than Villa?

He bigs you up, and correctly in my opinion, there's nothing he says there I wouldn't agree with. He says you're a big club, and he hopes our - and I am quoting here - "Ambition and willingness to invest" - match what yours have been over recent years.

It is widely considered that he did have the opportunity to take the Toon job and didn't take it.

I'm not saying this DOES mean anything about whether one club is bigger than the other, it doesn't. It was in fact YOU who implied this with your "rejecting Citeh for villa, AS IF!!!" comment earlier.

Do you really, geniunely not understand this?

it is obviously the use of the word "bigger" which is confusing you.

You appear to think that because Villa are currently higher in the table and a manager has turned down Man City, it makes them the "bigger" of the two.

It does not.

By the criteria of league position, Bolton are bigger than Newcastle, so why has their manager moved to Newcastle ?

Did you think that Luton were bigger than Villa and Newcastle when they won the League Cup and finished higher than both Newcastle and Villa [although I wouldn't dispute they acted bigger than Newcastle in the past on occasions, in fact I won't even go there].

How big on those basis' did you consider Villa when you were in the 3rd division ?

By "big" clubs, we mean clubs with the biggest, better support, and bigger potential. I believe Stevie said earlier "if clubs performed to their maximum".

To be honest mate, and I hope you can take this in good spirit, because its a genuine comment. I would be ashamed to even think Newcastle were a big club if they took an away following to away games that Villa consistently get at Newcastle, even on the first day of the season when Shearer was sent off and Gullit was manager. You couldn't even sell 3,000 tickets.

You appear to have missed the absolute and only reason I started this thread, but you aren't alone.

NE5 they've never ever brung 3,000 here in my life time.  They normally get three blocks at the most.

Dear God alive. NO, I do *not* believe a manager turning down city for villa makes villa a bigger club, or vice versa. In fact, I am pointing out precisely the opposite.

It was Stevie who implied that a manager opting for one job rather than the other makes the club he opted for the bigger club.

My "irony" point was to show that this argument is rubbish, and to point out the irony in what Stevie was saying, re MON / Villa / Newcastle.

If you're going to put words into my mouth to fit your own argument though, go ahead

It is widely considered that he did have the opportunity to take the Toon job and didn't take it.

But he didn't reject Newcastle for Villa though, did he?

As I said, he is widely considered to have done so, although the absolute truth is not known

How the f*** do you know he turned the toon job down??  f****** hell, why would he come out and say this.

The same way you 'know' Gerrard Houllier was begging for the Newcastle Job :thup:

Alan Oliver said MON was interested in the job via his Glasgow connections that was February but said we never even spoke to him, so it's not the same way.

Leave this board you, you're an idiot, and waste of bandwidth, I could tell you more about Tottenham in 5 fuckin minutes than you know, never talking about other fuckin clubs.

Edit**  kingdawson you mong don't quote if you can't do it

All entirely by the by, mate, considering I haven't at any point in this thread actually commented on the "bigness" of clubs, but you're entirely welcome to your opinions.

But he didn't reject Newcastle for Villa though, did he?

Exactly fuckin hell you don't turn Newcastle down for Villa.  What next O'Leary turned Real Madrid down for yous?

NE5 they've never ever brung 3,000 here in my life time.  They normally get three blocks at the most.

The true measure of a club is in how many fans they take to SJP, is it? You're obsessed, man, obsessed.

The true measure of a club is in how many fans they take to SJP, is it? You're obsessed, man, obsessed.

Obsessed by what?  Villa are inconsequential to me, but the fact is MO'N clearly states we're a bigger club than Villa, but stating the fact that, that's what where he wants Villa to be, howay it doesn't take a genious to work out.