Man City

NE5

Why would you want Ranieri?

Why wouldnt you? Got to a Champions league semi with Chelsea something Moaninho's only just achieved 2 years later after spending 200m more, and Chelsea only finished second that season behind the unbeaten Arsenal side.

I've no doubts Ranieri would have won the league AND Champions League if he'd stayed with Chelsea and got them playing better football aswell.

He blew the CL semi final with his "Tinkerman" bollocks, he also spent over £100 million that season on the likes of Duff, Parker, Johnson, Cole, Mutu etc. Add to that he was a complete flop at both A Madrid and in his second spell at Valencia, where he was left an excellent team put together by Benetiz, doing well to keep Parma from getting relegated but he's definitely a manager on the way down.

But whatever floats your boat.

...Makalele, Cech, Robben...on top of the players he brought in before - Gallas, Terry(from youth), Lampard...jeez he's bought some right shite :laugh:

Athletico Madrid, in administration, chaired by a madman...meh. Valencia #2 is really the only blemish on his record for me. I mean, he bought Corradi. Actually paid money for Bernardo Corradi. And a lot of it. I don't know what the hell that was about.

I think its harsh to say he's own the way down just cos he's failed relatively recently - especially considering he's doing well in his current job.

Why would you want Ranieri?

Why wouldnt you? Got to a Champions league semi with Chelsea something Moaninho's only just achieved 2 years later after spending 200m more, and Chelsea only finished second that season behind the unbeaten Arsenal side.

I've no doubts Ranieri would have won the league AND Champions League if he'd stayed with Chelsea and got them playing better football aswell.

He blew the CL semi final with his "Tinkerman" bollocks, he also spent over £100 million that season on the likes of Duff, Parker, Johnson, Cole, Mutu etc. Add to that he was a complete flop at both A Madrid and in his second spell at Valencia, where he was left an excellent team put together by Benetiz, doing well to keep Parma from getting relegated but he's definitely a manager on the way down.

But whatever floats your boat.

...Makalele, Cech, Robben...on top of the players he brought in before - Gallas, Terry(from youth), Lampard...jeez he's bought some right s**** :laugh:

Athletico Madrid, in administration, chaired by a madman...meh. Valencia #2 is really the only blemish on his record for me. I mean, he bought Corradi. Actually paid money for Bernardo Corradi. And a lot of it. I don't know what the hell that was about.

I think its harsh to say he's own the way down just cos he's failed relatively recently - especially considering he's doing well in his current job.

Cech and Robben signed when Mourinho was manager, although the deals were set up beforehand by Kenyon, he did however pay money for Veron even though he had been a flop at Man Utd. Both Terry and Lampard were never at the standard they are now under him either.

I think he's on his way down, the way he tries to link himself to every high profile Premiership job seems to me like the actions of a desperate man, fair play if you get him and he does well but I can't see it.

I'm glad Pearce has gone but not for football reasons. He's one of those people who, in interviews, ALWAYS says "the football club" rather than just "the club" (like we'd suspect they might be talking about bingo clubs or something) in an attempt to look in some way more authoritative than they actually are.

Roeder used to do that, too. And i saw an interview with Steve Gerrard last night where he did it about 7 times in two minutes.

Pearce was a particularly persistent offender. Good riddance.

I'm glad Pearce has gone but not for football reasons. He's one of those people who, in interviews, ALWAYS says "the football club" rather than just "the club" (like we'd suspect they might be talking about bingo clubs or something) in an attempt to look in some way more authoritative than they actually are.

Roeder used to do that, too. And i saw an interview with Steve Gerrard last night where he did it about 7 times in two minutes.

Bwahahaha, I can't believe someone outside City noticed that. He's become somewhat infamous for his somewhat limited vocabulary - The only words he knows are "This football club", "cute", "C.V." and "you know". I would have thought you would have to listen to everything he says to pick up on it, but there you go :laugh:

Bwahahaha, I can't believe someone outside City noticed that. He's become somewhat infamous for his somewhat limited vocabulary - The only words he knows are "This football club", "cute", "C.V." and "you know". I would have thought you would have to listen to everything he says to pick up on it, but there you go :laugh:

Listen out for Steven Gerrard, he honestly seems to have caught a very bad dose of it very, very quickly.

It annoys me so much it has now got to the point where I can't watch football interviews without cringeing just in case they say it.

blueyes.gif

Ha, i haven't heard anyone else mention this before, it's one of my pet hates too.

Houllier's representatives were on the phone begging for the toon job apparently, Oliver has no reason to lie.

Houllier frequently states he has unfinished business in the Premiership but I don't think he'd manage anyone other than the top four or us.

Houllier's representatives were on the phone begging for the toon job apparently, Oliver has no reason to lie.

Houllier frequently states he has unfinished business in the Premiership but I don't think he'd manage anyone other than the top four or us.

And that is based on what?

An opinion.  Got a problem with that?  I'd say if all the sides in the top flight maximised their potential Manchester City would be in the top 6 with us, and surely Houllier can see that?  So if he's going to through third parties turn his back on an opportunity there I certainly couldn't see him going elsewhere.

Houllier and Sven's lot iirc.

Guest Knightrider

A real desire to prove Liverpool wrong and do what he tried to do there, win the league which has always been a big ambition of his? Any club that can realistically offer such carrots to GH would stand a very good chance of getting him, whether City can who knows. Ranieir I like but agree with Baggio, good manager but he's the kind who could easily backfire, even if he starts well, as he's a bit hot and cold for me.

An opinion.  Got a problem with that?  I'd say if all the sides in the top flight maximised their potential Manchester City would be in the top 6 with us, and surely Houllier can see that?  So if he's going to through third parties turn his back on an opportunity there I certainly couldn't see him going elsewhere.

No, I was wondering whether it was based on opinion or fact. No need to be quite so defensive, mate.

A real desire to prove Liverpool wrong and do what he tried to do there, win the league which has always been a big ambition of his? Any club that can realistically offer such carrots to GH would stand a very good chance of getting him, whether City can who knows. Ranieir I like but agree with Baggio, good manager but he's the kind who could easily backfire, even if he starts well, as he's a bit hot and cold for me.

I wasn't referring to the unfinished business thing - I agree entirely on that part - I was referring to the bit after re the top four or Newcastle part.

I wasn't referring to the unfinished business thing - I agree entirely on that part - I was referring to the bit after re the top four or Newcastle part.

Well what's to disagree with??  Fucking hell.  You think he would turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa?  I seriously doubt it.  Whereas on the other hand on more than one occasion he's indirectly registered an interest in the toon job.

Guest kingdawson

Well what's to disagree with??  f****** hell.  You think he would turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa?  I seriously doubt it.  Whereas on the other hand on more than one occasion he's indirectly registered an interest in the toon job.

Says a newspaper article.

Well what's to disagree with??  f****** hell.  You think he would turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa?  I seriously doubt it.  Whereas on the other hand on more than one occasion he's indirectly registered an interest in the toon job.

Says Freddie Shepherd's mouth piece.  Pipe down good lad.

Well what's to disagree with??  Fucking hell.  You think he would turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa?  I seriously doubt it.  Whereas on the other hand on more than one occasion he's indirectly registered an interest in the toon job.

What's your problem exactly?

This is one of the most informed, entertaining and honest sites around for football chat, but you always seem one step away from an enormous argument and just look to provoke it.

Turn Man City down and go somewhere like Villa? There's an enormous irony in that that I'd trust even you to work out.

Guest kingdawson

Could it be Shepherd actually telling Oliver to write that crap with the intent of making the Newcastle manager position look more glamorous then it is??

Could it be Shepherd actually telling Oliver to write that crap with the intent of making the Newcastle manager position look more glamorous then it is??

** ruffles kingdawson's hair, pats him on the head and says off you trot.

Guest kingdawson

I guess your right though. All the great managers in world football harbour dreams of one day managing one of the top 4 clubs in the English league...............................................................................................and Newcastle :rolleyes:

I guess your right though. All the great managers in world football harbour dreams of one day managing one of the top 4 clubs in the English league...............................................................................................and Newcastle :rolleyes:

Difficult to argue with.  Some like Capello and Hiddink have shown no MASSIVE inclination though to manage in England though.

Guest kingdawson

Difficult to argue with.  Some like Capello and Hiddink have shown no MASSIVE inclination though to manage in England though.

Well Capello did say that Spurs are the club in the English league that interests him the most. I guess you already knew that hence you typing "MASSIVE inclination" rather then just Inclination. :thup:

Well Capello did say that Spurs are the club in the English league that interests him the most.

PMSL 

"Si vaffanculo L'United, il Liverpool, il Arsenal, il Chelsea, vorrei a lavore nella moltissimo grande squadura nel' Inghilterra, Tottenham Hotspur(s)!"

www.gazzetta.it/asifyouabsolutebeyondredemptionmong