Who, if any, of the 5 would you have kept?

Mowen
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I realise there is already a topic disucssing these releases, but thought it might be interesting to see how much support, if any, the outgoing have/had - particularly in light of the .com piece.

Guest Martin

Pav - Not needed, we have Given, Harper and Krul

Titus - Good riddance!

Moore - Injury prone, wanted to leave.

Gooch - Not given a propper chance, but surely Sam is allowed to bring in his own.

Olly - the invisible man.

Bramble

FFS Bramble had his chance, he's shi*e

He is better than what we are left with and if Allardyke is as good a man manager/motivator as he is being bigged up to be why shouldn't we think he could have got the best out of him?

Should have been given a 12 month contract imo.

Guest geordie gent

titus,because i think he has shown that he can do the job apart from his funny five minutes.[flash=200,200]

Guest Stephen927

Wouldn't have kept any of them. Moore and Bramble have overstayed their welcome, Bernard and Srnicek were a waste of time and Onyewu wouldn't have been worth the £2m needed to keep him on.

Guest Guinness

None to be honest. Bramble has had enough chances under Sir Bobby, Souness and Roeder, it was definaetly time for him to go. We can do a lot better than all five released.

Guest eyeball_tickler

And I'm not having people voting for Pav without explaining why...........................

he has a brilliant attitude, is probably being paid less than anyone else, is a good role model for the younger players and, as we've seen last season, he may be needed on the pitch/bench.  and he's a geordie.

All needed shifting off the wage bill TBH

That's no reason as none of the players were high earners.  The wage situation would be eased at least three times that much by selling Owen(for example but I hope that's not going happen) plus the probable 9 million pounds transfer income...

Guest Martin

That's no reason as none of the players were high earners. 

How do you know what they were on? I'm sure Bramble's wages would have been considerable.

Bramble

FFS Bramble had his chance, he's shi*e

He is better than what we are left with and if Allardyke is as good a man manager/motivator as he is being bigged up to be why shouldn't we think he could have got the best out of him?

Should have been given a 12 month contract imo.

have you ever tried to motivate a shit? :parky:

That's no reason as none of the players were high earners.  The wage situation would be eased at least three times that much by selling Owen(for example but I hope that's not going happen) plus the probable 9 million pounds transfer income...

So you'd rather pay Shambles a reported £50k a week, and the rest probably a total of £30-40k a week (thats about £4m a year), JUST FOR BEING TOO POOR TO PLAY?

<deep breath> hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!

imo time's up for all of them.  I won't miss Bramble's trade mark air kicks or high slices into the box or aimless long hoofs forward, not one little bit.  Let's see if 'Arry can do the impossible and get him to concentrate for a whole 90 minutes.  I doubt this was Sam's decision actually but I doubt he's that gutted.