Pre-Season Friendlies - Anyone know when/where?

GM

Can someone "ITK" please tell me when will we know dates and details of pre-season fixtures? Presume this will be up to Big Sam, or was this all sorted before GR left? ???

Cheers.

Guest BooBoo

Theres been talk of the Amsterdam tournament but i dont think the club has confirmed yet.

Guest gggg

Reportedly 2nd August and 4th August Vs Athletico and Ajax in Amsterdam

And an "Italian team" according to Sky Sports. My guess is Fiorentina.

Guest smoggeordie

My money is on Lazio.

Guest Geordiesned

nufc.com seems to think we'll be playing two local League sides at SJP at some stage.

Didn't Juventus agree to come to SJP this summer as part of the Boumsong deal?

Didn't Juve go up this year? Don't we get more add-on money for that as well?

Not really, its a pre-agreed Friendly, if anythin they will be the ones paying if they decided to cancel the friendly.

That's not what I meant. I thought there were add ons in the Boumsong fee if they got promoted/he played a certain number of games etc. a la the Jenas deal? Or is that wrong? Could have sworn it was £3.3m rising to (potentially) somewhere around 5

That's not what I meant. I thought there were add ons in the Boumsong fee if they got promoted/he played a certain number of games etc. a la the Jenas deal? Or is that wrong? Could have sworn it was £3.3m rising to (potentially) somewhere around 5

Well will be fucking great if true tbh :lol:

Can't believe we sold Boumsong for 5 , gives you hope that we might get rid of Damage for 7 next season..

My money is on Lazio.

doesnt really effect us anyway, we wouldn't be playing them.

Found this from :

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=1237062006

A statement to the Stock Exchange yesterday read: "The amount payable to Newcastle United by Juventus for the transfer of the player's registration is €4.8 million plus further sums which are contingent on the future success of Juventus in domestic and UEFA competitions."

Juventus will also play a friendly at St James' Park next summer as part of the deal.

I'd imagine "future success" means Serie A titles, Italian Cups, Champions Leagues, etc. not promotion which was nailed on anyway.

Maybe. Wishful thinking I guess. Seems weird how nobody seems to know what these add ons are though.