"Immaculate goalkeeping from Tim Krul"

Martin Lol

Guest optimistic nit

well in my opinion i would look for another good young keeper, have him as 3rd keeper, keep harper as second and send krul on loan. we do still need 3 keepers , but i think krul needs to go out on loan, and there's no point signing a keeper as a 3rd keeper unless he's young imo. we could then bring krul back as 2nd keeper next season, demote harper to 3rd/release him and send the other young keeper out on loan.

if we can't find a good young keeper then green and foster are two keepers who could challenge given atm imo. love to see either at the club, even with our stregnth in this area.

How old is Krul? 19? 20?, surely there wont be many teams who would be willing to take a 19/20 year old keeper and give im a first team birth for a regular basis.  As for all the harper bashers out there....is there a second keeper at a premiership club which has "ambition"??

I don't understand this talk about making Krul second choice. Harper's played about 20 Prem matches this season: would you really want a 19/20 year-old keeper with no PL experience doing that?

How old is Krul? 19? 20?, surely there wont be many teams who would be willing to take a 19/20 year old keeper and give im a first team birth for a regular basis.  As for all the harper bashers out there....is there a second keeper at a premiership club which has "ambition"??

Im sure Man Utd fans don't show Solskjaer "zero respect" for sitting on the bench most of his career there. Someone with his ability could have been a regular at a lot of good clubs. I can imagine people close to Harper being a little annoyed that he hasn't gone somewhere else to really improve himself but still can't understand why a regular fan would seem so pissed off with him for sticking with us. Yes he is picking up a wage for generally doing fuck all but then so are most second choice keepers in football, as said before I would rather have him than having to waste time searching for a new keeper every other season.

Just been promoted to the Dutch U21 squad. Provisionally.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1028325,00.html

TIM Krul and his Holland Under-19 team-mates have missed out on qualification for this summer's European Championships by the slenderest of margins.

Having performed heroics against England last week, saving a penalty and pulling off a string of fine stops, Krul and his Dutch colleagues looked favourites to advance from their group following the 2-1 win over the Three Lions.

But a 0-0 draw with Russia at Damson Park in Solihull on Sunday saw the Eastern Europeans advance by virtue of having scored one goal more.

Meanwhile, despite missing out on the Under-19 championships in Austria, Krul has been included in a provisional 30-man squad for this summer's Under-21 tournament to be staged in Holland.