Announcement - Please all read

Dave

Guest Knightrider

What has always puzzled me in relation to N.O is on HTT.com I never once had any problems regarding the running of it, despite 1,000 plus members. There was only ever 3 mods I think and it was quite a large forum as it had a NUFC Players Forum, Match Forum, General NUFC Forum, General Football Forum, usual Help Forums and a General Chat Forum. Can't explain that one but wish N.O was like it in terms of quality and lack of bickering etc.

Another person who has chosen not to read the full thing, or has ignored it.

PS - 'losing' people to Toontastic, wtf?

You're not getting the point.

The people who tend to make shitty threads will quickly reach this new postcount restriction without any problem. Only with additional moderation, manually removing their posting privileges will you stop them, so you're no better off having this restriction.

The people you WILL stop are the new posters who actually think about what they post and have something relevant to say when they post. It will probably hit posters who support other clubs the most, who usually only post about subjects relevant to their own clubs. These are some of the best posters on here and give a different perspective on things. God forbid any of these posters should start a thread relevant to their club and ours:

Name:  Arsenal Ref

Name:  Bolton_fan

Name:  Reading Fan

Name:  Rafa

There may be a point in having a requirement of 5 or 10 posts to avoid thread spamming during forum invasions, but quite frankly I've only ever seen that happen on a very few occasions anyway.

All this because someone told me Gary Oliver was Alan Oliver's son :razz: I really thought it was a EXCLUSIVE,  not sure why a PINK NAZI dived in  typing "Thread Moderation" bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif, it was what I thought was the truth at the time. Hopefully the mods can/will be able to spot an honest mistake to a fooking windup/absolute shite.

All this because someone told me Gary Oliver was Alan Oliver's son :razz: I really thought it was a EXCLUSIVE,  not sure why a PINK NAZI dived in  typing "Thread Moderation" bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif, it was what I thought was the truth at the time. Hopefully the mods can/will be able to spot an honest mistake to a fooking windup/absolute shite.

Read somewhere that someone reckoned Andy Cole was Bobby Robson's son. Don't believe it myself. Wasn't Robson a fullback, or something. ;)

You make some good points to be honest, UV.  However, I reckon good posters will respect the place enough to understand why this is the case, even if they disagree with it.  Of course there will be some people that will be effected, and they may well sod off, but we're hoping the overall effect will be different. 

We're on the forum, collectively, 24/7, and we know who tend to be the people that come along and make shit threads, and they're the newcomers on the whole.  They don't have a feel for the forum, rarely search to see if something is up already, ask something that's been asked 4000 times which results in our sarcastic members tearing them to shreds, or people just bored to tears with another braindead thread.

There's going to be adverse effects of this, but we're hoping they're weighed out and the forum improves.

Guest Knightrider

How can we be sure all these shit new posters aren't just HTT?

Easy. Ask them a Shark question, or check the word count in posts.

Or...

Pm me for the answer to who is better between Stead and Collins John and if you do suspect anyone of being me, ask them who is better between Stead and John.

Yes, your thread was why we done this.

You're use of English should lead to post moderation.

Didn't get the edit done in time, eh......

How droll, in a Jimmy Tarbuck way.

Your poor use of English should lead to post-moderation.

FYP.

Missed the point tbh

Your poor use of English should lead to post-moderation.

FYP.

Missed the point tbh

Did you? I thought it was quite obvious, actually.

Just thought you would have a better riposte  :o

Anyway, the answer to HTT's question regarding the why his old board didnt need all this shit can probably be linked to how poorly the club has been managed lately. Irrespective of those who say we are alright 'cos it wasn't like this in 1978, we are relatively shite and people aren't happy.

Sometimes you struggle to control people who are pissed off/mental. This approach, however,  seems more Graeme Souness than Bobby Robson tbh