Newcastle given permission to speak to Mark Taylor

stozo

We can't lose Geordie boy Lee Clark! :(

Yes we can and we must.

He was happy enough to take his 30 pieces of silver and sign for Monkeys Heeds lot in 1997 so for me he is soiled goods.

I was only joking about Clark but the Sunderland thing is a bit silly no? Is Shay soiled goods? What about Allardyce?

Yes we can and we must.

He was happy enough to take his 30 pieces of silver and sign for Monkeys Heeds lot in 1997 so for me he is soiled goods.

I was only joking about Clark but the Sunderland thing is a bit silly no? Is Shay soiled goods? What about Allardyce?

Any "Geordie points" Clarkie lost by signing for the Mackems were regained, if not added to, by the infamous "T-shirt affair" :lol:

Yes we can and we must.

Slight difference here, Lee Clark had the opportunities to go to other clubs in the premiership but CHOSE to drop down a division and sign for our most hated rivals after previously stating that he would rather rap in professional football and play non league for Gateshead if he couldn't play for Newcastle United.

Shay Given was on loan at Sunderland and sense prevailed and he CHOSE to sign for Newcastle United.

Got no time for Big Spiv ex mackem gobshite who would not have been appointed manager if i was chairman.

Guest Invicta_Toon

So if Wenger went somewhere else and tried to sign Fabregas would he be a shit manager who has to try and sign his old players because he doesn't know how to find new ones?

Yes jon, bacause that's the same isn't it? Here's a clue, players get bought and sold, staff members don't. Does that help you understand any better?

And yes, if Wenger wen to another club and bought Fabregas and tried to shoehorn him into a team he didnt fit into he would be a shit manager wouldnt he? Or are you now saying we need to sign Bolton's first team too?

So if Wenger went somewhere else and tried to sign Fabregas would he be a shit manager who has to try and sign his old players because he doesn't know how to find new ones?

Yes jon, bacause that's the same isn't it? Here's a clue, players get bought and sold, staff members don't. Does that help you understand any better?

And yes, if Wenger wen to another club and bought Fabregas and tried to shoehorn him into a team he didnt fit into he would be a shit manager wouldnt he? Or are you now saying we need to sign Bolton's first team too?

Well staff are technically bought. So you know enough about Mark Taylor to know he wont fit into our staff and we are shoehorning him in?

You chat soo much bollocks SSH :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

So basically Fat Sam has no clue how to recruit a new special team and has to resort to poaching his old staff, after assuring his chairman he was taking a break from football

strikes me as a c*** with no honour, and certainly no skills in what he claims to be master of. So who is responsible for Bolton's success? Sam or his cronies?

Some of that makes sense, but why not take the staff with him? He is the one who originally brought them to Bolton, he had to work his socks off to find them in the first place, and it would probably took alot of chopping and changing so why mess with succes? Just take it with you.

He didn't have to work his fucking socks off for christ sakes, he held interviews and selected the right people for the right posts for that club at that time, y'know, like it says in his job title!!! - manager

So now, he moves to a different club with different needs, and all he can think of is to poach his old staff? Are these people so sad that they need to be in the presence of the Sam to feel fulfilled? I don't want wierdos like that here

Guest Invicta_Toon

Well staff are technically bought. So you know enough about Mark Taylor to know he wont fit into our staff and we are shoehorning him in?

I assumed as much as you did in your piss poor example about fabregas.

So basically Fat Sam has no clue how to recruit a new special team and has to resort to poaching his old staff, after assuring his chairman he was taking a break from football

strikes me as a cunt with no honour, and certainly no skills in what he claims to be master of. So who is responsible for Bolton's success? Sam or his cronies?

Utter monkey poo poo

strikes me as a c*** with no honour, and certainly no skills in what he claims to be master of. So who is responsible for Bolton's success? Sam or his cronies?

Some of that makes sense, but why not take the staff with him? He is the one who originally brought them to Bolton, he had to work his socks off to find them in the first place, and it would probably took alot of chopping and changing so why mess with succes? Just take it with you.

He didn't have to work his fucking socks off for christ sakes, he held interviews and selected the right people for the right posts for that club at that time, y'know, like it says in his job title!!! - manager

So now, he moves to a different club with different needs, and all he can think of is to poach his old staff? Are these people so sad that they need to be in the presence of the Sam to feel fulfilled? I don't want wierdos like that here

And again more monkey poo poo

So why can't managers go back for highly rated staff when its ok to go back for highly rated players?

Guest Knightrider

Ignore him man...

To the topic at hand - good news and I expect him to be joined by Forde and at least one other from Bolton, although who is anyone's guess and I don't mean player wise.

Ignore him man...

To the topic at hand - good news and I expect him to be joined by Forde and at least one other from Bolton, although who is anyone's guess and I don't mean player wise.

Its funny watching him get more wound up by the people he is trying to wind up though (as always happens) :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

So why can't managers go back for highly rated staff when its ok to go back for highly rated players?

It's expected that players move, that's why we have things called contracts and transfer windows

It is not expected that your manager tells you he fancies a year off, you let him off his contract and he then proceeds to rape your club of the staff you pay wages to. They are employed by Bolton, not Fat Sam management inc.

Why the fuck if he is such a guru can he not hold interviews like any other normal person? Or are you saying there is only these two people who can do this?

he wants the best along side him and possibly built the backroom team over the 8+ years at the club, although he didnt pay their wages he did give them a break and they may feel more loyal to him than the club, an as I have said before we do not know what the ins and outs of the contract release and why the chairman said yes, maybe it was all down to the fact SA has been loyal to the club and wanted a change of direction and then the toon job came up and FFS slapped a wad of cash in his lap and said " you will have a big budget spend away" again all speculation but that is all your doing.

Guest Knightrider

Ignore him man...

Its funny watching him get more wound up by the people he is trying to wind up though (as always happens) :lol:

:lol:

Aye, I've noticed that irony myself like

It's expected that players move, that's why we have things called contracts and transfer windows

It is not expected that your manager tells you he fancies a year off, you let him off his contract and he then proceeds to rape your club of the staff you pay wages to. They are employed by Bolton, not Fat Sam management inc.

Why the fuck if he is such a guru can he not hold interviews like any other normal person? Or are you saying there is only these two people who can do this?

FFS, Vic, it's pretty much standard business practice anywhere in the world. If a boss brings someone in, teaches them just how he likes everything done, and then eventually leaves the company for somewhere new, they'll try to bring their favorites to their new job with them. It happens everywhere, in every industry. People you've worked with before are more likely to want to work with you again. That's exactly why they say that "it's not what you know, it's who you know."

Bolton could try and fight it, but chances are Allardyce's people would rather come here and keep working with him then stay at Bolton without him, which is probably why Bolton has said OK to the talks. And why the hell would you want him to waste time conducting countless interviews when he already knows someone who's suited for the job and that he knows he can work with, when there's so much that has to get done over the summer regarding the shape of the club? If he can land one qualified staffer for a position he wants without conducting a drawn-out interview process, it leaves more time to address other problem areas.

Guest Invicta_Toon

FFS, Vic, it's pretty much standard business practice anywhere in the world. If a boss brings someone in, teaches them just how he likes everything done, and then eventually leaves the company for somewhere new, they'll try to bring their favorites to their new job with them. It happens everywhere, in every industry. People you've worked with before are more likely to want to work with you again. That's exactly why they say that "it's not what you know, it's who you know."

Bolton could try and fight it, but chances are Allardyce's people would rather come here and keep working with him then stay at Bolton without him, which is probably why Bolton has said OK to the talks. And why the hell would you want him to waste time conducting countless interviews when he already knows someone who's suited for the job and that he knows he can work with, when there's so much that has to get done over the summer regarding the shape of the club? If he can land one qualified staffer for a position he wants without conducting a drawn-out interview process, it leaves more time to address other problem areas.

it doesn't happen in every industry, that's total shit tbh. You might be thinking of head-hunting, but you don't get headhunted and get to bring your previous department with you. If anything, your previous staff vie for promotion for the job you vacated, which is what this bloke looked like had done. So why doesn't he want promotion at Bolton? can he not hack it?

and you aren't even in the least bit concerned that Sam has no other ideas other than to re-use his old staff? That doesn't bode well for his ability to work with 22 players who didn't play for him at Bolton does it?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Just ignore him.

why is it always the most anonymous of non-entities that come out with this childish shit?

it doesn't happen in every industry, that's total shit tbh. You might be thinking of head-hunting, but you don't get headhunted and get to bring your previous department with you. If anything, your previous staff vie for promotion for the job you vacated, which is what this bloke looked like had done. So why doesn't he want promotion at Bolton? can he not hack it?

and you aren't even in the least bit concerned that Sam has no other ideas other than to re-use his old staff? That doesn't bode well for his ability to work with 22 players who didn't play for him at Bolton does it?

The position is already taken, jesus wept I actually know what its like to teach kids at special school talking to you!