Juve In For Martins.

Crumpy Gunt

Yorkie, people would prefer to think that Oba has an attitude problem than it was a mis understanding. Personally, it would be crimianl to get rid of him, especially when we have just got a manager who can utilise him in the correct way.

Does anyone know the full story on that yet? Shepherd himself said it was a 'misunderstanding'. There's that story, that's inevitably been exaggerated, and then there's the countless pieces from Oba - sine day one - where he's stated how much he loves it here and how well he wants to do for the club. I think he wants to stay.

Martins - "Sorry boss, I'm injured so can't play"

Pearson - "Ok Oba, but I still want you to travel with the squad to Watford"

*Martins doesn't show up*

Can see how he could be confused.

Yorkie, people would prefer to think that Oba has an attitude problem than it was a mis understanding. Personally, it would be crimianl to get rid of him, especially when we have just got a manager who can utilise him in the correct way.

totally agree with this he ha just become unsettled due to the team always changing, problems with the rat and then having clarkie and terry mac telling you what to do would certainly send me over the edge. Can see him staying and improving on this season, less games and a more consistant striking partner will only help him.

We don't know what was said or what happened so we can't make judgements.

Guest Gemmill

Maybe he asked Pearson if he could stay at home, but his voice was so squeaky only dogs heard him?

Maybe he asked Pearson if he could stay at home, but his voice was so squeaky only dogs heard him?

mackems.gif

......he realised he could find more space in his hotel room?  :laugh:

Guest alex

Can't see why anyone would prefer that to be the case. I think you just made that up.

Guest Gemmill

Can't see why anyone would prefer that to be the case. I think you just made that up.

If anything, I see people who don't want to believe that Martins might have done something wrong making excuses "We weren't there, we can't know the facts.  It must have been a misunderstanding.  It's Pearson's fault." etc.

"AWOL" being used here alot and tha came from Anal, he missed the game due to injury but speculation was he was faking his injury after being told he would be on the bench for the Watford game.

The AWOL came about the day after the game when Abal reckond no one knew where Martins was.

Many people backed Bella's when he faked an injury, but the fact here is NO ONE knows the truth about what went on before or after the Watford game,.

The point is that none of us no the truth. Correct?

As always in this situation, we should give the lad the benifit of the doubt and be positive about his future. Or do you think it makes more sense to keep on making assumptions (which is what is being made) that he has an attitude problem despite the fact that the chairman said it was a mis understanding?

No, I'm more concerned about people making the assumption he's going to turn out to be this great player when I think it's doubtful.

No, I'm more concerned about people making the assumption he's going to turn out to be this great player when I think it's doubtful.

your cant get into double figures playing on your own for most of the season and be a bad player, will he set the world alight maybe not but I have faith he can keep his place in the side quite comfortably

Heskey scored 11 goals for Wigan didn't he?

I don't know but heskey has played in this country alot longer than Martins has remember he used to be an england regular (at one time)

Given that he'd been going on about what a fantastic partnership he was going to form with Owen, it must have been a big shock to the system when he got dropped. I just think he couldn't face his team mates after the way he'd been bigging himself up.

Very surprised about Juve wanting him, but if we can reclaim our money, I'd definitely sell.

Guest alex

Heskey scored 11 goals for Wigan didn't he?

I don't know but heskey has played in this country alot longer than Martins has remember he used to be an england regular (at one time)

Joint 12th highest scorer in the Premiership suggests a few people could calm down a little though.

You may be right, but I would rather see him get another season to show wether or not he can do it or not.

And if he plays similar to how he did most of this season, his value would plummet next summer. I'd take the cash now while there's interest, and a good set of strikers available (Viduka, Zigic, Bent, etc).

And if he plays similar to how he did most of this season, his value would plummet next summer. I'd take the cash now while there's interest, and a good set of strikers available (Viduka, Zigic, Bent, etc).

i must admit similar to the owen situation I agree with you, if it isnt meant to be and they want to go let them go then as now is the best time for a while that strikers are available.

Problem is Owen might be here, unlike many others I still have a lot of faith in Martins. The negative parts of his game are nowhere near what some people make out and he has had a good first season in the premiership. The lad is still young and has goals in him even in a team that is vastly underperforming like we have this season.

Agree with you about Martins

He is super talent  and i hope that he'll remain with us next season.

If not i hope we dont sell him for less then 15m because that would be a disgrace

About people wanting Anelka as a replacement for Martins:

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

I would rather go for Darren Bent instead of Anelka

Bent-34=15 goals

The negative parts of Martins' game, i.e. his movement and touch, are pretty shocking imo.

I tink Anelka's touch and movement wasn't any better when he was 22 too...

Guest alex

Problem is Owen might be here, unlike many others I still have a lot of faith in Martins. The negative parts of his game are nowhere near what some people make out and he has had a good first season in the premiership. The lad is still young and has goals in him even in a team that is vastly underperforming like we have this season.

Agree with you about Martins

He is super talent  and i hope that he'll remain with us next season.

If not i hope we dont sell him for less then 15m because that would be a disgrace

About people wanting Anelka as a replacement for Martins:

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

I would rather go for Darren Bent instead of Anelka

Bent-34=15 goals

The negative parts of Martins' game, i.e. his movement and touch, are pretty shocking imo.

I tink Anelka's touch and movement wasn't any better when he was 22 too...

Both were imo.