Darren Bent Rumours from the SPUDS

KaKa

I'm sorry but this deserves it's own thread ...

"I have found out just now that DB is on the verge of completing a move to the bardcodes. Apparently they bid 11m upfront with 5m in add ons. Which was far ahead of our 9m with 2m add ons.

Contary to commmon belief Db did not expressly wish to join us. Instaed was put off by the number of strikers and pitentially being third choice. Big Sam has garaunteed that he will be the staruong target man , with iether OM or MO playing off him."

And....

"Told from my source within the club that we are definatley not going for or getting Micah Richards. Too expensive, Chimbs is staying and other clubs are ahead of us. Notably Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

More to the point MR does not want to play RB. Considers himself a CB. Is looking to stay with City, replace Distin (villa bound possibly) and look for the new owners to invest in the team. A move away the following season is more likely."

;D

Would be hilarious they have been waxing lyrical about Bent and Berbatov for ages now.

A friend of mine showed me the thread on COYS and the bitterness towards Newcastle made me sick. Spurs fans might be the worst alive. Claiming Bent must be all about the money. Claiming Newcastle are the next Leeds and on the verge of Bankruptcy. Worst of all and most laughable ... claiming we wait till they scout someone and then steal their targets!!! Pretentious or what? Like Bent is some big secret!!! Is it our fault they link themselves to every player under the sun?

PATHETIC!

Guest Martin

To think we could have had Bent for next to nothing a few years ago.

He turned us down when he was at Ipswich. We bid £2mil for him and Ambrose, but just got Ambrose.

Its quite funny (or sad depending how you look at it) that for a number of transfer windows under SBR we would have the "I bet he goes and signs Bent!" threads all the time :lol:

Guest Gemmill

He turned us down when he was at Ipswich. We bid £2mil for him and Ambrose, but just got Ambrose.

Wasn't that one of our brilliant scouting trips where we went to look at one player, a different player (in a different fucking position!?) had a better game than him on the night, and so we signed him instead.  Due diligence, NUFC-style.

A friend of mine showed me the thread on COYS and the bitterness towards Newcastle made me sick. Spurs fans might be the worst alive. Claiming Bent must be all about the money. Claiming Newcastle are the next Leeds and on the verge of Bankruptcy. Worst of all and most laughable ... claiming we wait till they scout someone and then steal their targets!!! Pretentious or what? Like Bent is some big secret!!! Is it our fault they link themselves to every player under the sun?

PATHETIC!

But the sheer bittrnesss towards Spurs shown here don't make you sick?

Guest Gemmill

We are a fucking joke and we will go into bankruptcy if we pay £16million for the likes of Darren Bent. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm....that's basically bollocks.

We are a fucking joke and we will go into bankruptcy if we pay £16million for the likes of Darren Bent. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm....that's basically bollocks.

Hyperbole. ;)

The rumour's more than likely to be a load of shite, but if it's the truth, then it's madness. £11m + £5m add-ons was what Kaka said.

Its always because we offer more, obviously everyone wants to join Spurs!

If it actually was true though I would guess we are confident of getting rid of Owen.

Was going to point out the same thing. Why don't they realise some players might actually prefer a move here? Us at our full potential p*ss on Spurs at their full potential as a club.

Its always because we offer more, obviously everyone wants to join Spurs!

If it actually was true though I would guess we are confident of getting rid of Owen.

Was going to point out the same thing. Why don't they realise some players might actually prefer a move here? Us at our full potential p*ss on Spurs at their full potential as a club.

Kitman's rant on the front page anyone?

"I have found out just now that DB is on the verge of completing a move to the bardcodes. Apparently they bid 11m upfront with 5m in add ons. Which was far ahead of our 9m with 2m add ons.

Contary to commmon belief Db did not expressly wish to join us. Instaed was put off by the number of strikers and pitentially being third choice. Big Sam has garaunteed that he will be the staruong target man , with iether OM or MO playing off him."

DB = Dimitar Berbatov! :D

Wasn't that one of our brilliant scouting trips where we went to look at one player, a different player (in a different f****** position!?) had a better game than him on the night, and so we signed him instead.  Due diligence, NUFC-style.

Did the same not happen with Jenas? Pretty sure at the start of the 2001-2 season it was David Prutton that Robson had his eye on, and just happened to come across Jenas whilst scouting Prutton.