Darren Bent Rumours from the SPUDS

KaKa

Guest NUFCnutter

The thing is I could see FFS fucking it all up,

on the phone to the Charlton Chairman:

FFS: I will give you £11 million for Bent

Charlton Chairman: £11 million? Are you mad!

FFS: No, "11 million, not a penny more.

Charlton Chairman: You are not serious are you?

FFS: £11 million, its my final offer

Charlton Chairman: Ok then, £11 million it is

Fat Fred makes an announcement to his board: We have signed Bent for £11 million

Charlton Chairman makes an announcement to his board: Good news Gents! We have offloaded Marcus Bent for £11 million!

The thing is I could see FFS f****** it all up,

Fat Fred makes an announcement to his board: We have signed Bent for £11 million

Charlton Chairman makes an announcement to his board: Good news Gents! We have offloaded Marcus Bent for £11 million!

But when Liverpool & Spurs are being linked with him for around £12m, why on earth would they do that? That'd make them worse than Shepherd.

Guest NUFCnutter

But when Liverpool & Spurs are being linked with him for around £12m, why on earth would they do that? That'd make them worse than Shepherd.

Darren Bent!!! They are being linked with Darren Bent, not MARCUS Bent!

wasn't that the supposed carl cort scenario...."we'd spend £7mill on that coloured lad from wimbledon who's just played for england 'b'" meaning jason euell(bad enough)

It begs the question ... why do Spurs constantly fantasize about the likes of Torres, Robinho, Robben etc. when they know these players could command more than £40,000 a week at any other club that is interested in them?

The height of delusion.

Then they label anyone who doesn't go there are some sort of mercenary? Becaus ethey are obviously a club everyone should want to play for? why? What have they done that is so great?

Maddening bunch of people those lot. Extremely irritating folks.

At least we know what our flaws are and we are not adverse to admitting them. We do not act as though we are the greatest club in the universe for all players when it is not the case.

Because no-one ever bothers to mention the performance-related bonuses that are added on.  Admittedly, the total package doesn't come up Newcastle's levels but is still better than generally quoted.  It was also going to be reviewed this summer by Levy but that review may now be deferred

The source for this rumour was Ward who used to contribute regularly on the 606 forum.........that says it all really.   I stick by what I said previously, Spurs bid £8m rising to £10m (which was reluctantly accepted by Charlton) and Egghead has bid the full asking price of £15m.  Bent doesn't want to go there and has gone on holiday. 

One looks to be coming to fruition.  I did speak of Younes Kaboul about a month ago (http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39258.25) and that should be finalised after the final French league matches this weekend.  This is now widely being reported by the media.   I am also more optimistic about getting Gareth Bale now than at any other time, even if he is still trying to get a guaranteed starting place.  On the downside, Chelski have bid £10m for Chimbonda and Levy is seriously thinking about it.  Good money for him but not so easy to think of a good quality replacement.  Beginning to fear the worst with that.

It begs the question ... why do Spurs constantly fantasize about the likes of Torres, Robinho, Robben etc. when they know these players could command more than £40,000 a week at any other club that is interested in them?

The height of delusion.

Then they label anyone who doesn't go there are some sort of mercenary? Becaus ethey are obviously a club everyone should want to play for? why? What have they done that is so great?

At least we know what our flaws are and we are not adverse to admitting them. We do not act as though we are the greatest club in the universe for all players when it is not the case.

Because no-one ever bothers to mention the performance-related bonuses that are added on.  Admittedly, the total package doesn't come up Newcastle's levels but is still better than generally quoted.  It was also going to be reviewed this summer by Levy but that review may now be deferred

The source for this rumour was Ward who used to contribute regularly on the 606 forum.........that says it all really.  I stick by what I said previously, Spurs bid £8m rising to £10m (which was reluctantly accepted by Charlton) and Egghead has bid the full asking price of £15m.  Bent doesn't want to go there and has gone on holiday. 

One looks to be coming to fruition.  I did speak of Younes Kaboul about a month ago (http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39258.25) and that should be finalised after the final French league matches this weekend.  This is now widely being reported by the media.  I am also more optimistic about getting Gareth Bale now than at any other time, even if he is still trying to get a guaranteed starting place.  On the downside, Chelski have bid £10m for Chimbonda and Levy is seriously thinking about it.  Good money for him but not so easy to think of a good quality replacement.  Beginning to fear the worst with that.

thats how we went about it when we first hit the prem,low wages,big bonuses,then we realised the better performers would rather have the high basic.

Guest kingdawson

The height of delusion.

The source for this rumour was Ward who used to contribute regularly on the 606 forum.........that says it all really.   I stick by what I said previously, Spurs bid £8m rising to £10m (which was reluctantly accepted by Charlton) and Egghead has bid the full asking price of £15m.  Bent doesn't want to go there and has gone on holiday. 

One looks to be coming to fruition.  I did speak of Younes Kaboul about a month ago (http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39258.25) and that should be finalised after the final French league matches this weekend.  This is now widely being reported by the media.   I am also more optimistic about getting Gareth Bale now than at any other time, even if he is still trying to get a guaranteed starting place.  On the downside, Chelski have bid £10m for Chimbonda and Levy is seriously thinking about it.  Good money for him but not so easy to think of a good quality replacement.  Beginning to fear the worst with that.

Would be a disaster tbh. First time we get this right back position sorted since the Steven Carr days and were now going to off load him. Doubt we would accept tbh but if Chelsea offer silly money then its bye bye Pascal :'( :'( :'( :'(

The height of delusion.

Would be a disaster tbh. First time we get this right back position sorted since the Steven Carr days and were now going to off load him. Doubt we would accept tbh but if Chelsea offer silly money then its bye bye Pascal :'( :'( :'( :'(

The one who was being looked at as a possible replacement was Bakari Sagna, also at Auxerre, but their president is now saying Sagna is under contract and will remain for at least one more year.  I'm pinning my hopes on Levy doing what he says, Spurs are not a selling club blah blah blah.  He's got a whiff of takeover in his nostrils and he's intent on making Spurs as attractive as possible to a potential buyer by having it as cash rich as possible.

I'd be happy if Bent turned out to be a Newcastle player next season, but not for silly money. He has got a good goal scoring record in a poor club but he isn't worth a, say £13m gamble.

Just read once again that Yakubu is on his way out of Boro, that's one player I've rated for a couple of years now and he would cost nowhere near as much as Bent. Two years older than Bent and with a lot of premiership experience. They are not exactly the same type of player, but I think he could be a success here...

I'd be happy if Bent turned out to be a Newcastle player next season, but not for silly money. He has got a good goal scoring record in a poor club but he isn't worth a, say £13m gamble.

Just read once again that Yakubu is on his way out of Boro, that's one player I've rated for a couple of years now and he would cost nowhere near as much as Bent. Two years older than Bent and with a lot of premiership experience. They are not exactly the same type of player, but I think he could be a success here...

I like Yakubu but having him and OM would mean lossing both during Aferican Cup of Nations

I like Yakubu but having him and OM would mean lossing both during Aferican Cup of Nations

Yeah you're right. Completely forgot about the ACN.. Still, he would be a good acquisition to our strike force

I must be on the wrong board, i thought this was a place for discussion about NUFC.

You must be this is a place to talk about NUFC and other football clubs because the posters voted not to have a separate board.

The height of delusion.

Don't worry.  We'd reluctantly have to accept a bid of £6m for Steven Carr, problem sorted.

Guest Steven_MB

Yeah you're right. Completely forgot about the ACN.. Still, he would be a good acquisition to our strike force

is martins going to play for them though, wasn't there an argument between him and the nigerian FA?

Guest SwissMagpie

So now we can buy bent and not have to release Owen and Oba.what is 15 million for Mr Ashley :-)))

Pascal Chimbonda couldn't be any more of a Chelsea player

The height of delusion.

Comes across as one of the biggest twats going Chimbonda, always wearing gloves and leggings for no aparent reason, a sly dirty fucker who likes to get involved in situations that don't involve and generally after the way he fucked Wigan about a bit of heartless cunt. He'll fit in well at Chelsea.