Season Ticket Renewal pack.

Guest the_guv_nor

Guest the_guv_nor

Just got my season ticket renewal pack just noticed that they are gonna be doing away with the traditional ticket book and replacing it with  'Smart Card Technology'... basically an electronic card which you swipe when you get to the match and it holds all of you details including your inside leg measurements!

Just got my season ticket renewal pack just noticed that they are gonna be doing away with the traditional ticket book and replacing it with  'Smart Card Technology'... basically an electronic card which you swipe when you get to the match and it holds all of you details including your inside leg measurements!

been rolled out at the boro as a new age in season ticket technology supposedly will make gate times quicker now I could think of a hundred jokes to do with boro attendances but instead ill just say its a good idea about the cards nice to see we are keeping up with the jones's

Guest smoggeordie

I'll let you off, it wasn't that obvious ;)

Should be interesting on the first day of the season when 30,000 turn up at 2.59 and don't know how to use the Season Cards :lol:

Guest the_guv_nor

Should be interesting on the first day of the season when 30,000 turn up at 2.59 and don't know how to use the Season Cards :lol:

you know what will happen man... the system they use to swipe the cards will go down and no fucker will get to see the match! I can seriously imagine it.

Guest smoggeordie

you know what will happen man... the system they use to swipe the cards will go down and no fucker will get to see the match! I can seriously imagine it.

Or they would delay kick off...

They were using them in a couple of the turnstiles in level 7 in the 2nd half of the season as a test. They're completely useless, its not even like an oyster card but instead a barcode reader, until people get used to them getting into the ground will be a nightmare.

Guest the_guv_nor

They used these at the San Siro when I went to see Inter last season.

Did you know a season ticket for Inter only cost £91?

aye but imagine having to watch shitty italian football every weekend

;)

i cant get my head around the "direct debit", great i thought, you can spread the costs over a year.. no, they take the full whack right away.. surely that defeats the purpose of a direct debit?

Well they will include some leaflet or other in the actual season ticket pack that explains how to use the card to gain entry into the ground. Whether the system works or not is a different issue.

Guest the_guv_nor

i cant get my head around the "direct debit", great i thought, you can spread the costs over a year.. no, they take the full whack right away.. surely that defeats the purpose of a direct debit?

yeah i was a bit disappointed about that like.

I wonder if there be any change for normal matchday tickets. As in will they try to use the same technology?

Maybe. If they're using the same technology as they do at City. Here they have these Matchcard dealies where you buy the games individually. Its basically the same gizmo as a normal seasoncard, but the turnstile won't open unless you've paid for the game beforehand.

Guest Saint Andy

so I guess with this system you can't sell your ticket if you can't make the match?

Guest the_guv_nor

so I guess with this system you can't sell your ticket if you can't make the match?

what ticket?

what ticket?

The individual match ticket.

I'm now on the waiting list now for a season ticket, oh joy.

The electronic readers were in the turnstiles for Milburn Level 7 last season and as stated it is really the end of selling spare tickets to some random bloke in the pub beforehand and also the end of the turnstile operator.

Apparently if you buy match to mact you will get a swipe card the first time and then get it activated for each game you pay for.

Guest the_guv_nor

what ticket?

The individual match ticket.

there is no individual match ticket! thats the point!

Waiting list? Why? I knew people who bought season tickets the morning of the first home game of the seaon & they were selling half a season tickets at Crimbo.

Haven't opened the envelope yet myself, no chance I can afford it before June 15th and I had no idea the swipe-card thing had been implemented any more than rumour had it a few months back. Anyone know the last date I can renew?

I wonder if there be any change for normal matchday tickets. As in will they try to use the same technology?

At Everton there's a plastic swipe card for season tickets

Single match tickets are still paper but they have a barcode thing on the end which the swipe machine reads

The electronic readers were in the turnstiles for Milburn Level 7 last season and as stated it is really the end of selling spare tickets to some random bloke in the pub beforehand and also the end of the turnstile operator.

Apparently if you buy match to mact you will get a swipe card the first time and then get it activated for each game you pay for.

Lose the turnstile operator then you can fit two people through at once and share 2 seats between 3 people.