Bale signs for Spurs

Guest Darth Toon

£6 million rising to £10 million

Thats some kerching!!

Not really ...

It's an excellent investment when you think about it. At only 17 years old and already a first team player every week for club and country. Also physically mature so will not struggle in that regard.

Can't knock them. It's a good move for them.

I think Baines is more appropriate for us though as we need someone who is more experienced due to the tatters our defence is currently in.

Well it is.

Guest kingdawson

southampton deny a deal has been agreed. Well done Sky Sports.

Aaaaahhh!

That would be Freddy putting in that last minute bid after Spurs have done all the hard work and scouted the player for us.

Works everytime. Suckers!

wouldnt be suprised tbh :lol:

Guest smoggeordie

Beeb

Southampton defender Gareth Bale is exected to have a medical at Tottenham on Wednesday after the two clubs agreed a fee, reports BBC Radio Wales.

Saints boss George Burley earlier denied reports a fee had been agreed between the two clubs.

But sources close to the 17-year-old expect him to sign within days.

Spurs had a bid of about £10m accepted by Saints in January, but Welsh international Bale rejected the chance to move to White Hart Lane.

The teenager has only one year left on his contract and was also linked with moves to Arsenal and Manchester United.

More soon.

Aaaaahhh!

That would be Freddy putting in that last minute bid after Spurs have done all the hard work and scouted the player for us.

Apparently you'e offered him £40,000 a week but Freddy's scuppered your bid with an offer of £40,000 a week and half a cornish pasty.

Guest Ridzuan

No.I hope it is not true.Even if its true,I hope something bad happens during the process and Bale will change his decision in joing Spurs.

Aaaaahhh!

Apparently you'e offered him £40,000 a week but Freddy's scuppered your bid with an offer of £40,000 a week and half a cornish pasty.

If FS has stepped in he'll be on £80,000k. :laugh:

Guest kingdawson

Aaaaahhh!

Well i guess it bye bye Bale then :'(.

Guest Knightrider

Has anyone actually seen him play much?

Not seen much of him myself but what I have seen of him I don't see why all the fuss, not saying he's a bad player or anything, he just doesn't stand out as some wonderkid which to splash all that money on you'd expect him to be, or one in the making anyway. Big gamble for any club IMO.

Bale is quality. Seen him a lot for Southampton.

The best thing about him is that he plays with so much maturity. You tend to forget you are watching a 17 year old. Physically strong too.

The best thing about him is that he plays with so much maturity. You tend to forget you are watching a 17 year old. Physically strong too.

how many times have you seen him? Can't leave much time for watching anyone else, if you have seen enough to judge him properly.

Guest alex

Hmm...why am I sceptical about this claim?

Aaaaahhh!

Well i guess it bye bye Bale then :'(.

Not a chance Freddy will give away half a pasty.

how many times have you seen him? Can't leave much time for watching anyone else, if you have seen enough to judge him properly.

eh?

I've seen him around five times for Sothampton and two or three times with Wales.

Does that meet your requirements? How many times do you have to see someone before you can judge them. What do you mean it won't leave me with enough time to see anyone else?

Goodness grief ...

Because Newcastle aren't the ones that are in for him?

Don't worry Big Sam will bring in quality. Just wish he would hurry up with it.

Guest alex

No.

No.

Then why?

I haven't said anything ridiculous have I? I haven't said he is a world beater or anything rmotely close to that.

He does have a good build and doesn't look like your typical 17yr old tweener.

And he does have a cool head on his shoulders and is very assured of himself in the way he plays, which is why I have said he is mature.

Neither of these is a ridiculous claim I don't think!

eh?

I've seen him around five times for Sothampton and two or three times with Wales.

Does that meet your requirements? How many times do you have to see someone before you can judge them. What do you mean it won't leave me with enough time to see anyone else?

Goodness grief ...

Not really, no.

£6m rising to £10m for a 17 year old centre back who is "proven" in the championship is crazy money tbh!

Sounds crazy to me too!

Especially as no one on here is talking about a 17yr old CENTRE-BACK!!!