Best debut you've ever seen for a toon player?

Leazes1986

Guest johnson293

Good shout on Big Dunc. Two goals against Wimbledon on his debut.

You know, i can rememer very little about Big Dunc's time with us (other than him allegedly kicking Gullits door in after being partly blamed for the Sunderland defeat  :cheesy:), let alone his debut!!

I do remember his corker against Man Utd though, where it bounced about 25 yards out, and he just swung a boot at it, and it flew past Bosnich.

Quinn's was the best debut, but I tell you had a class debut as well, people might laugh but to come in to a game and get man of the match on your debut when the two teams playing are the best two in England, is some achievement.  Batty against Man Utd when we lost 0-1 when we should've been 10-0 up at half time.

Best debut against Cottee for Everton. 

Worst debut - toss up between Paul Moran - missed two open goals, and Boumsong who was run ragged by Yeading's attack. 

The best I've seen was Gazza away to Southampton, he was a kid yet he ran the game, most comments were comparing him to Maradonna, he looked brilliant.

Macdonald was a good one, getting carried off from the Leazes just made him a bigger hero.

Keegans was good because of the build up, I was almost crushed in the corner of the Gallowgate, my feet were off the ground all game.

Three great debuts, Beardsley also looked good the first time.

Guest johnson293

Aye Shearer was baal boy.

Not for his debut..... he was ball Boy at his farewell game (v Liverpool - away in a helicopter).

Edgars wasn't the best evar but was pretty great...kept ronaldo quiet AND scored a belter (regardless of deflection :p) against man u at home....

Krul's was excellent tho and would be my vote...

when we played west ham at home on the first game of the 02-03 season and beat them 4-0, viana was absolutely class. remember talking to hammers fans after and they reckoned he was going to be a superstar...............shame.

Guest optimistic nit

when we played west ham at home on the first game of the 02-03 season and beat them 4-0, viana was absolutely class. remember talking to hammers fans after and they reckoned he was going to be a superstar...............shame.

we chose viana over ronaldo you know. still i reckon if we'd picked ron we'd all be raving now about this superstar left winger at manu called hugo viana.

I loved Tinos against Boro :)

Was my first choice, but still thinking of othters..

I remember jet lagged Tino, straight off the plane and straight onto the bench. :D

My dad took his kit down that day as they weren't expecting him to play...work permit didn't come through till late. He had to go into the club shop and get a shirt printed up with Tino's name and number on, then drive down the A19 with it and his boots. :)

To answer the original question, for me it has to me Mickey Quinn. I'm too young to remember Supermac's.

The best I've seen was Gazza away to Southampton, he was a kid yet he ran the game, most comments were comparing him to Maradonna, he looked brilliant.

Macdonald was a good one, getting carried off from the Leazes just made him a bigger hero.

Keegans was good because of the build up, I was almost crushed in the corner of the Gallowgate, my feet were off the ground all game.

Three great debuts, Beardsley also looked good the first time.

I remember the press at the time. I am sure I remember them saying that the Southampton fans gave him a cracking ovation when he got subbed.

For me KK. With all the hype, for him to score the winner. Fucking story book stuff. Start of a beautiful relationship.

Would get booked for that celebration now mind.

Good shout on Big Dunc. Two goals against Wimbledon on his debut.

You know, i can rememer very little about Big Dunc's time with us (other than him allegedly kicking Gullits door in after being partly blamed for the Sunderland defeat  :cheesy:), let alone his debut!!

I do remember his corker against Man Utd though, where it bounced about 25 yards out, and he just swung a boot at it, and it flew past Bosnich.

I lovedbig dunc.  So passionate.  Loved when he do a fist and bear his teeth

http://www.abc.net.au/football/galleries/2004-05/epl20041205/images/09_duncan.jpg

http://www.nufc.com/images/strip1-s.jpg