Get Well Soon Fred.

Optimistic Nut

Hope his rib doesnt affect his signing hand...

:thup:

At the end of the day he might be a fat c***, an idiot, dense, and an embarrassment at times, but he is geordie, and I believe he loves the toon as much as any of us :thup:

Get well soon.  A lot of people saw him in a different light after THAT video, and I hope he doesn't die or anything, get well soon

He is no more a Geordie than Nelson Mandela is...He is from Carlisle....thats not a geordie

Er, no he's not. He was born in Gilsland (just over the Cumbrian/Northumberland border) but only cos his mam was evacuated from Byker to give birth. My mam was born in the same place in Gilsland after her mam was also evacuated (from Wallsend).

pretty low of SJH doing the deal when he did tbh

Rare decent point.

You two are joking, aren't you? Ever since the takeover speculation started a few months ago, he's behaved a complete arse. He made it clear that he wasn't going to sell no matter what the offer, thereby putting his own wishes above the interests of the club. He wanted to obstruct a takeover, hoping that he'd then be able to get the Halls' shares on the cheap. He has shown no respect for Sir John Hall (who let's face it is the architect of the modern club), the fans or the club. And you're saying that SJH should have waited till he'd recovered from his cracked rib?

Guest Knightrider

I hope he's suffering or uncomfortable... as he's put us through enough of it over the years. Hope he makes a speedy recovery though. I don't like the man but he's not an evil bastard, just an idiot really.

At the end of the day he might be a fat c***, an idiot, dense, and an embarrassment at times, but he is geordie, and I believe he loves the toon as much as any of us :thup:

How could he loves the toon so much when he has derided the toon publicly so many times?

Rare decent point.

You two are joking, aren't you? Ever since the takeover speculation started a few months ago, he's behaved a complete arse. He made it clear that he wasn't going to sell no matter what the offer, thereby putting his own wishes above the interests of the club. He wanted to obstruct a takeover, hoping that he'd then be able to get the Halls' shares on the cheap. He has shown no respect for Sir John Hall (who let's face it is the architect of the modern club), the fans or the club. And you're saying that SJH should have waited till he'd recovered from his cracked rib?

This.

SJH has the freedom to do the deal anytime he wishes. It makes no difference even if the deal is done when FFS is well and shagging about. Well unless he threatens to do physical harm to SJH has him been well, which in this case justifies the timing of the deal even more.

On a serious note (even though i've probably said it) i dont wish the man dead, and do hope he makes a full recovery, but if this has weakened him severely and forces him to consider his life and future, then i hope i runs on a little bit longer and he sells up.

Maybe just maybe with his ill health and not so long ago his wife, he is thinking about moving away from here, going abroad and living life nicely chilled out watching a billionaire invest in the team he loves, i'm sure we'd all like that scenario for him.

I hope he's suffering or uncomfortable... as he's put us through enough of it over the years. Hope he makes a speedy recovery though. I don't like the man but he's not an evil b******, just an idiot really.

How can him not be an evil bastardo after so many derisory remarks he has made, or misdeeds he has done?

Get well FFS (reluctantly)

How could he loves the toon so much when he has derided the toon publicly so many times?

He didn't know he was in public though. I'm sure every single one of us has slagged the club off at some point.

Guest Knightrider

I hope he's suffering or uncomfortable... as he's put us through enough of it over the years. Hope he makes a speedy recovery though. I don't like the man but he's not an evil b******, just an idiot really.

How can him not be an evil bastardo after so many derisory remarks he has made, or misdeeds he has done?

Get well FFS (reluctantly)

I've called many a Geordie lass a dog and I've also laughed at the mugs who spend fortunes on shirts and stuff. Difference being I'm not the Chairman of NUFC so can get away with it :D

Guest Invicta_Toon

SJH could have waited until the man was out of hospital

he chose to be a cunt instead

Guest alex

I think not even getting in touch with Shepherd was the worst thing about it. The Hall family and Shepherd (no matter what you think of them) have worked together at the Toon for years. Although, it is canny funny in a way as well.

I think not even getting in touch with Shepherd was the worst thing about it. The Hall family and Shepherd (no matter what you think of them) have worked together at the Toon for years. Although, it is canny funny in a way as well.

Sir John Hall bent over backwards to work together with Freddie on takeovers, but in the end he despaired of getting his co-operation, and realised that he had no choice but to go it alone. First of all, Shepherd claimed that the potential buyers were 'time wasters', and then he admitted that regardless of the offer,he wouldn't sell. He even had the nerve to claim that the Halls wouldn't sell either, which of course he wasn't entitled to do.

The guy deserves no sympathy at all.

Guest Brewcastle

Best wishes to Freddy from Norway. Get well soon, first of all for yourself and family. But allso so you can make your decision about NUFC shares and business on a fair basis!  :thup:

Rare decent point.

This.

SJH has the freedom to do the deal anytime he wishes. It makes no difference even if the deal is done when FFS is well and shagging about. Well unless he threatens to do physical harm to SJH has him been well, which in this case justifies the timing of the deal even more.

Fuck This.

You hypocritical bastards would have been all over Fred criticising him if it were the other way round.

Personally I think the timing is purely coincidental, and I don't blame SJH for it at all, but his claims about only selling to Ashley because he's going to be good for the club are laughable. He's been touting his shares around to anyone who'll buy them for ages, and the fact Fred knew nothing about this is proof of his desperation to get rid to anyone whatever their motives.

Please give me one example where he's "derided the toon publicly"

Guest alex

Sir John Hall bent over backwards to work together with Freddie on takeovers, but in the end he despaired of getting his co-operation, and realised that he had no choice but to go it alone. First of all, Shepherd claimed that the potential buyers were 'time wasters', and then he admitted that regardless of the offer,he wouldn't sell. He even had the nerve to claim that the Halls wouldn't sell either, which of course he wasn't entitled to do.

I don't know the facts about that, I just thought it was canny sly. Not that arsed though tbh.

Funny thing occured this morning listeneing to Talksport. Alan Brazil and Graeme Beecroft were about to cross to some chap who covers the Toon for the Daily Express in the North. They crossed to him and the telephone line went completely dead. Fckin Brazil then starts laughing his skull off suggesting that it was not the tone of a telephone line and was infact that of a heart monitor (or whatever they are called) the Fat Fred was wired up to and Fat Freddy Shep had died.  F**king hilarious I thought.

he chose to be a c*** instead

Totally agree - he deserves all he has got(or rather, NOT got !!!).

He's getting no sympathy from me, I hope this is a painful life changing illness, I hope it tells him that he's getting on in years so may be better off taking the money on offer and pissing off into the sun to enjoy the rest of his life.

I hope he does enjoy many happy, pain free years, preferably as far away from St James' Park as possible.

he chose to be a c*** instead

John Hall's wanted out for years though, and Fred's put the kibosh on it at least twice, they had a fairly public falling out.

It`s not as if Ashley rolled up to Sir Johns mansion two days ago with a suitcase full of money is it???

They will have been at this for a couple of weeks if anything and Shep was Ok then wasn't he, just a stroke of bad/good luck (select approp.) that he was on his deathbed when the news came through.

Personally I think Fat fred would have done exactly the same or something far more murky if the roles were reversed...

TBH, pneumonia isn't always that serious, you can have a bit of it and not even be hospitalised, my mam did a few years ago and was quite a bit older than Shep.

Really though, none of it's personal for me, and I don't wish harm to anyone, I just hope he does the sensible thing sooner rather than later.