Is Big Sam still the right man for the job?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How is everyone's faith in Allardyce holding up after the news about Ashley's takeover bid? I know a lot of people think SA's just the type of fella we needed to help put 'structures' in place, get us organised and bring the best out of cheaper signings, but is he the type of manager who'd you trust with--potentially--tens of millions of pounds and the superstar egos these signings can bring?

Absolutely. What other choice do we have, for starters?

At the end of the season I couldn't see the wood for the trees, I didn't want to - now I cannot wait until August again. Ish nice.

Its completely turned things on its head, and potentially heaped alot of pressure on Big Sam.

That said, its the pressure and challenge that drives him, whilst having the money is a double edged sword if success doesnt follow, I still think Sam is the Man, for now.

What chelsea have missed is someone to motivate the stars all the time, at bolton sam got the faded stars and rejuvinated them. The whole Bolton set up was hailed, but on a shoe string budget, what will it be like on unlimited funds?

Whilst he isnt used to big money buys, who says he has to, even with the money. The main aim is getting the right type of players here, so in effect nothing will change. The money (if we get given alot) will just give us better options to buy, more time to assess players without worries of not having the funds to buy the player.

There is still alot of restructuring and work to be done at this club, and Big Sam can do it for me.

Guest Steven_MB

best of possibilities is that he makes us certain UEFA cup qualifiers every season, hopefully win a cup, make a good shot at getting into top four, if for 3 seasons we came 5th, won something and still couldn't crack them, then swap. I don't think he will be a Fergie or even a Wenger in lenghth of time, but several years would be good.

Guest VegasToon

We need Big Sam to change the back room and scouting.  We need him to help create a solid base behind the scenes for Newcastle.  If he does what he did at Bolton and with the money he might get, then we are in for some good times.  If we only try to build through the transfer window, I think we will still underachieve.

So YES, we still need Big Sam.

Still the best we can get at the moment, don't think he's going to do us any harm and may well do a lot of good.  If we end up getting loads of class players and looking like we might actually win something, thus have Triple-A managers mooching around looking interested, then give him a payoff, no harm done.  Or roll him in a carpet and throw him off a bridge.

Been in the job round about an hour and half, and we're posing the question if he is 'still' right for the job...

If you haven't noticed, a lot has changed in that hour and a half.

We need Big Sam to change the back room and scouting.  We need him to help create a solid base behind the scenes for Newcastle.  If he does what he did at Bolton and with the money he might get, then we are in for some good times.  If we only try to build through the transfer window, I think we will still underachieve.

So YES, we still need Big Sam.

I couldn't agree more, and couldn't have said it better. Ditto.

Been in the job round about an hour and half, and we're posing the question if he is 'still' right for the job...

If you haven't noticed, a lot has changed in that hour and a half.

What hasn't changed is that we've still got a class manager who is going to take us forward. Surely you should know that Sam Allardyce is hardly a manager that is all about the signings, he isn't*.

Suppose i can see an argument, but a bit of a silly question, imo.

*And, when you look at when he has had money to spend at Bolton, he's brought in the likes of Meite, Diouf and Anelka. And i think it's safe to say that they all worked out for him.

The results of the poll bear that out, more positive I'd say than when he was just a rumoured manager.

He's said and done all the right things since he's come in though. If some people were firmly on the fence when he came, there's only one way they could potentially have swayed during the past week or so.

Already, he's...

Outlined a plan

Actually spoken articulately and as if he knows what he is really talking about

Vowed to sort out the injury situation, aswell as the backroom staff

Booted the likes of Bramble, Moore and Sibierski

Held talks with his main men back at Bolton

Promised to sort out the Michael Owen debacle

Seemingly identified transfer targets

Not a bad hour and a half. ;)

How much money will Newcastle stand to lose if Newcastle breached the employment contract? Will the pros outweigh the cons?

Economically, it appears not viable to have a change of manager.

Also, it is better for one to appear to be benevolent and not make big decisions that will be detrimental to one's popularity after a recent takeover.

In view of some of these factors, a practical and beneficial approach adopted will be to support Sam and see what improvements he may bring in within a certain period of time. Of course, prior to Sam's appointment, in business terms, Newcastle and Sam should and ought to have drawn up a decent proposal on the progression of Newcastle. Failure to meet that would be detrimental to Sam.

Howay, lads. At least make it a debate. This positivity's killing me. :lol:

Personal Rule:

1. Debate only when there is a an objective, hitherto, debate is pointless and a waste of time

2. Debate not for the sake of debating (waste of time... more meaningful things to do, brain cells could be better put into other matters)

I am amused by how people like to conjure up unnecessary debates in the forum and the manner of some of the debates are shallow, neither objective nor constructive.

If you like to argue, debate for the sake of debating, spend your brain juice in more meaningful stuffs where there can be individual progression rather than waste your time, gaining nothing in return (well maybe they will gain the false sense of superiority? But that is just deluding themselves).

Regards,

Ericz.