Hyypia in Toon?

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Well, if you ask Mike Ashley it is. At least within five years. But I do agree with you, it will take longer.

I am not so keen on Hyypia either. He was a good player once, but I'd rather have Cambell than him. And if he wouldnt come I'd look elsewhere. I would certainly not take them both as some has speculated in. We dont have much pace in the defence and none of them have that, but Cambell is better IMO. Hyypia is far too slow, though Cambell is not exactly fast either.

Now Bramble isnt signing with Pompey, i really cant see Sol leaving.

Dont know how anybody could be disapointed if we signed Ben Haim and Hyypia.

they signed heriederson (spelling) instead though.

so sol is as likely to leave as he was if they had signed titus.

Now Bramble isnt signing with Pompey, i really cant see Sol leaving.

Dont know how anybody could be disapointed if we signed Ben Haim and Hyypia.

they signed heriederson (spelling) instead though.

so sol is as likely to leave as he was if they had signed titus.

Hreidarsson, so your spelling wasn't far off :)

I wonder where Titus will end up.. A newly promoted club gets my bet

Guest sittingontheball

If the war chest is 20 mill, maybe get Hyypia for cover. If it swells to far more, get someone better, preferably a more versatile defender who can also fill in at full back.

If the war chest is 20 mill, maybe get Hyypia for cover.

Lets not worry about who to sign for cover, we have got to sort out a decent/good starting 11 first. I am sure by doing this some players will become cover naturally.

If the war chest is 20 mill, maybe get Hyypia for cover. If it swells to far more, get someone better, preferably a more versatile defender who can also fill in at full back.

tabloidtastic but its a fair point

News today here quoting him saying the following:

"It wasn't a long conversation. Only about two minutes. Benitez's message was clear: We're happy with you and we're not going to sell you."

Yeah it seems like we can forget about him. He's quite an honest fellow whose sayings are always truthful.

Hyypia would probably just be after the salary. Let someone else get him. We should aim much higher!

Hyypiä is a big time professional and certainly is not after a big payroll...I'm sure he would get twice the salary somewhere else than he's making currently at Pool

Guest johnson293

Hyppia: "I'm in Rafa's plans"

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=469205&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=2&title=Hyypia:+I'm+in+Rafa's+plans&channel=football_home&

According to Hyypia, he met with Benitez just before the UEFA Champions League final with Milan and he assured him of his future.

"Rafa said, 'We are happy with you and you are not for sale.'" Hyypia told Ilta-Sanomat.

"I will go back to Liverpool in July for pre-season training.

"Next season will be my ninth in Liverpool and I still have one year left on my current contract."

MJ  :rolleyes:

Hyppia: "I'm in Rafa's plans"

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=469205&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=2&title=Hyypia:+I'm+in+Rafa's+plans&channel=football_home&

According to Hyypia, he met with Benitez just before the UEFA Champions League final with Milan and he assured him of his future.

"Rafa said, 'We are happy with you and you are not for sale.'" Hyypia told Ilta-Sanomat.

"I will go back to Liverpool in July for pre-season training.

"Next season will be my ninth in Liverpool and I still have one year left on my current contract."

MJ  :rolleyes:

Be a cool achievement for a Finn to be with Liverpool for 10yrs and get a testimonial. Certainly puts him alongside Litmanen. (well, not far behind!)

Heard on Sun-Fm (so I doubt it's true) today that Sunderland are in for him, for around £1.5M.  While I think his experience would be very useful, such was Bould's all those years ago, £1.5M does seem a bit steep for a 33year-old in my opinion.  They also said that shoudl he be forced out he may prefer a move to Sunderland due to Newcastle turning him down about 12 years ago, I don't think that many people are that bitter though. 

Heard on Sun-Fm (so I doubt it's true) today that Sunderland are in for him, for around £1.5M.  While I think his experience would be very useful, such was Bould's all those years ago, £1.5M does seem a bit steep for a 33year-old in my opinion.  They also said that shoudl he be forced out he may prefer a move to Sunderland due to Newcastle turning him down about 12 years ago, I don't think that many people are that bitter though. 

you can have him,before long we'll be able to buy everyone we want and those we don't want,everyone who plays the game,has ever played the game and will ever play the game.

(sorry folks,i went to white hart lane a few years back and i think the effects are just hitting me now)

you can have him,before long we'll be able to buy everyone we want and those we don't want,everyone who plays the game,has ever played the game and will ever play the game.

(sorry folks,i went to white hart lane a few years back and i think the effects are just hitting me now)

Very good.

Are you sure it was WHL, and not the SoL?  As a lot of our fans seem to be thinking of those lines at the moment due to the Keane effect.