Big Sam in for Dimitri Payet

KaKa

Newcastle Chase Whiz Kid Dimitri Payet

May 25th, 2007 · 4 Comments

News broke today that Dimitri Payet , currently playing for FC Nantes Atlantique in Ligue 1, and one of the bright sparks of French football - is a Newcastle target.

While we have no idea if there is any truth to this - he looks an exciting player who has come through the ranks at Nantes – and would make a good addition to the youngsters presently at St. James’ Park.

Dimitri Payet of Nantes

The Frenchman has plenty of skills and trickery - allowing him to take on defenders at pace - similar to Manchester United starlet Cristiano Ronaldo.

Payet has played for the French under-21 team and has just turned 20 years old in March.

He is a speedy winger with tremendous skill on the ball – and at 5′ 7″, he is two footed and can play on either flank. Dimitri played 30 times for Nantes last season.

His great form and versatility has been vital for Nantes and the club and he has been one of Nantes’s best players in the 06/07 season - and is a candidate for their Player of the Season.

He was born March 29, 1987 in Réunion - same place as a certain Laurent Robert - as we recall.

A number of Premiership clubs, including Chelsea and ourselves are chasing the Nantes 20 year old whiz kid- but with the new buying power that Mike Ashley can give the club - we could probably be able to match Chelsea’s offer.

It is also reported Nantes are desperately trying to secure Payet to a three-year contract, but they may not be quick enough to ward off Premiership clubs like ourselves and Chelsea - who can offer him big wages.

We think Newcastle would be a better fit for him than Chelsea – because he’d get a game at Newcastle.

http://nufcblog.com/newcastle-chase-whiz-kid-dimitri-payet/

Is this the French youngster we were supposedly talking to the Monaca agent about? Might very well be!

Guest LucaAltieri

*pssst* Big Sam is still on holiday. He hasn't spoken to half the current squad yet.

Guest LucaAltieri

*pssst* Big Sam is still on holiday. He hasn't spoken to half the current squad yet.

On holiday in Manchester?

Yes.

Guest posadageordie

Another winger eh? We're really short of them aren't we?

Duff's crocked, N'Zogbia's been shit all year, and Milner is grossly over rated. So yes, we could do with some.

i think nzogbia is a loss since his dads death, seems to have lost it mentally.  duff is rubbish and i am no fan of milner.

def think we need more quality on the left wing.  If this kid can play on either wing then thats perfect.

Another winger eh? We're really short of them aren't we?

Duff's crocked, N'Zogbia's been shit all year, and Milner is grossly over rated. So yes, we could do with some.

By who? Despite being one of Villa's best player last season and one of ours this season at 20/21 most people still claim he isn't good enough!

Every time I see Newcastle Milner is one of your better players. I can't understand the stick he gets on here from some people. I'd defo have him at Everton.

Every time I see Newcastle Milner is one of your better players. I can't understand the stick he gets on here from some people. I'd defo have him at Everton.

This is Newcastle United, no-one is good enough mate. You could go through our whole squad and there wouldn't be a single player who doesn't get stick from a group of people.

Yeh , i dont get it, Milner was a good great player for us last season. People seem to get frustrated with him because he doesn't have any outstanding exciting attribute. milner suffers for the fact that he hasn't really had a target for his crosses all season. If Shearer had all those crosses that Milner slapped in, we'd be raving bout both of them. For obvious reasons. Poor mans beckham!!

Am I the only one who got all excited when in the main page you see, "Big Sam in for Dimit..."

:lol:

I have thought a couple of times "Berbatov?" but I don't get excited because we would never get him.

I hope thats what you meant :lol: