Who's the bigger NUFC legend?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Invicta_Toon

I was 6, only by the time Keegan actually left.

:lol: you actually mean as manager there I just realised

Guest Knightrider

Keegan for me, his contribution to NUFC can't be measured in goals, sorry Al. In fact how do you measure KK's contribution? You can't as it is stretches so many ways. If for example we win a title in 10 years time, you'll be able to trace it to KK who without...

He is a rare figure at any club who I'd put side by side with Stan Seymour Snr, Sir John Hall and Tom Watts as the most important and significant people to have ever been associated with the club. Lets hope Mr Ashley become another.

Guest pont-toon

keegan for me anarl

only twice in my lifetime have the toon had something to celebrate - both times because of "special K"

granted they were only promotions to the top league - but the city was jumping both times - you'd have thought we won the league or the cup!

it will be quite something when we actually do bring a trophy home

Got to go with Keegan too. Lifted the whole city twice, once as a player and once as a manager. He oversaw us from possible relegation to Division 3 to Champions, 3rd, 6th and 2nd. The ground changed beyond belief as did the playing staff. We are where we are due to him. I consider him breaking the world transfer fee record in signing Shearer his parting gift.  :razz:

That said, Shearer was a absolute monster for us in his 10 years here. Missed about 2 seasons through injury and still managed to average over 20 a season in his 10 years here. I still laugh that Man Utd fans hate him even after he's retired. They know what they missed out on.  :)

Guest Magpiecn

I follow NUFC because of Shearer.He avoided Man U and played for newcastle for 10 years.One  of the biggest legend in newcastle's history.Keegan is a legend too, but Im for Shearer.

Shearer.

Keegan signed him, but anyone can sign a class player, and it wasn't down to KK he signed, it was the love of the club, like any Geordie would do.

Keegan ran away at the 1st sign of trouble, Shearer carried us for years even though he pretty much knew his career would never give him trophies if he did.

Still love KK, respect everything he did for the club, but Shearer pips it for me.

Guest Knightrider

Did anyone know that for the first couple of months he went unpaid and paid his backroom staff's wages and that he told SJH if they wanted out, to hand the club to him and he'd run it all for them, and give them their cut.

Cant really use Keegan signing Shearer as a reason for him being greater. Souness was able to sign Owen, but he's still a c***.

I voted Shearer, but both are absolute legends.

Shearer.

Keegan signed him, but anyone can sign a class player, and it wasn't down to KK he signed, it was the love of the club, like any Geordie would do.

Keegan ran away at the 1st sign of trouble, Shearer carried us for years even though he pretty much knew his career would never give him trophies if he did.

Still love KK, respect everything he did for the club, but Shearer pips it for me.

Shearer signed because he thought he'd win trophies, if we were shit he wouldn't have signed imo.

Keegan did. Twice.

Guest Knightrider

They are both legends, but for different reasons. I wonder if KK knows what he really means to Toon fans and his place in the club's history, I don't think he does you know. Shame he left like he did and his only "thanks Kevin" came when he took Man City.

Did anyone know that for the first couple of months he went unpaid and paid his backroom staff's wages and that he told SJH if they wanted out, to hand the club to him and he'd run it all for them, and give them their cut.

If thats true, it is exactly why KK shoud still have some involvement at the club. he knows exactly what the place is about.