Championship play-off - Derby County promoted

midds

Nevertheless, Phillips admitted his dread of the shoot-out stemmed from the agonies he saw Gray endure nine years ago.

"Michael Gray was destroyed about that penalty miss," said Phillips. "He was in bits and for about 10 days would not answer his phone or talk to anyone. It is a massive responsibility because if you miss, no matter how people comfort you or what they say to you, you will know what was riding on it. Personally, I think it is too much responsibility for one person."

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0200sport/0100football/tm_headline=phillips-dreads-the-shoot-out&method=full&objectid=19210206&siteid=50081-name_page.html

Guest Geordiesned

Nevertheless, Phillips admitted his dread of the shoot-out stemmed from the agonies he saw Gray endure nine years ago.

"Michael Gray was destroyed about that penalty miss," said Phillips. "He was in bits and for about 10 days would not answer his phone or talk to anyone. It is a massive responsibility because if you miss, no matter how people comfort you or what they say to you, you will know what was riding on it. Personally, I think it is too much responsibility for one person."

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0200sport/0100football/tm_headline=phillips-dreads-the-shoot-out&method=full&objectid=19210206&siteid=50081-name_page.html

Ah yes, the good old days.

People ringing up pubs in Sunderland asking if they'd seen Miss Gray. :D

Guest Toon83

West Brom will win 2-0, they just look like the better side in the games they have played during the play offs, Derby just dont look like they could be a premiership team.

After Giles Barnes they have knowone who could compete in the premier league.

West Brom have Kamara, Davies, Koumas, Gera and of course (and i'm probably going to get some stick for this) Kevin Phillips.

Wouldnt mind David Jones from Derby though, think he's on loan from Man United looks a good player and only 23

Kamara has been excellent this season, I fancy him to get a goal today.

Yeah he has looked good when I have seen him. Looks to have that extra bit of quality for that league.

Would like to see Stevie Howard score & raise his arm Shearer style.http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/05_01/howardDM1405_468x629.jpg

Steve Howard

" I have never played in the Premier League before but I have always had two ambitions — to play at Wembley and to play at St James’ Park in the Premier League. Now, after 13 years as a pro, they are suddenly both within my grasp

"I am Durham boy but a lifelong Newcastle fan, and so are my parents. We are all black and white daft, so to finally get to play at St James’ Park next season would be fantastic." 

But I think West Brom will win

cool photo!! Would be great if Howard scored.

I'm hoping Derby win too... we've seen enough of WestBrom in recent years, time for the Rams to come back up.

He's come a long way since I used to watch him at Hartlepool when I was barely out of short trousers.

I was just about to say the same thing, I remember him just being this big lump.

"They're here, they're there, they're every fucking where, empty seats, empty seats"

Club Wembley apparently failed to reach a deal with FA over their own seats so just didnt bother selling them. Disgrace as the 32,000 for both teams sold out straightaway.

The FA couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

First of all, they neglect to include play off final tickets in the Wembley Season ticket package that people paid tens of thousands for. What the fuck? So they just get the FA Cup and England games? Bargain.

Second, they cut their nose off to spite their face when they refuse to do a decent deal with the Football League to sell these seats seperately.

Wankers.

The FA couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

First of all, they neglect to include play off final tickets in the Wembley Season ticket package that people paid tens of thousands for. What the fuck? So they just get the FA Cup and England games? Bargain.

Second, they cut their nose off to spite their face when they refuse to do a decent deal with the Football League to sell these seats seperately.

Wankers.

It was Club Wembley more than the FA apparently, although just shows the incompetence of the FA in not realising what is happening at the new stadium.

WB on top by the sound of things.

Already a good game. Great decision by Poll on that challenge in the box... played the ball. Always refreshing to see the teams just have a go at each other with almost no bullshit!

Just as an aside, in the build up to today's match, the 5 Live team were reviewing how the 'regions' of football had done this year (as today really is the final day of the season).

The round-up came to the North East and the lad who covers our region obviously highlighted Sunderland and rightfully Hartlepool for their great season. He praised Boro for doing ok with a young manager and then said we had had a 'non-season', which i'm sure we'd all agree with.

Cue the following;

The host of the show then starts interrupting the North eastern lad saying, shouldnt you include Leeds  ??? They've been relegated? Or Rotherham  ???  ??? Then asks if Sheffield should be considered North East. Our lad dead pans, "well you could if any of them were in the North east".

BBC Radio? Ffs.

Theres more;

Just as the little geography lesson is fizzling out into car crash radio, some jumped up southen based journo pipes up with "can we put this 'Newcastle are a sleeping giant' stuff to bed, they've been dining out on this for too long" He has a little rant about trophies and then the conversation trails off. It takes Graeme Taylor about 10 minutes later to go back specifically to this journo's point and redress the balance of injustice. Just thought i'd share.  :)

Guest Invicta_Toon

just switched on, is this game bad enough to warrant starting the 5% belgian stuff?