First game of the season

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Man Utd away. Get rid.

Aye, in an ideal world the first four games of the season would be Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all away.

So we're honk bottom?

No chance. That'll be sh*t for morale wouldn't it? I'd sooner have 4 easy-ish games, get 9-10 points on the board, be in the top few places after 4 games with morale high, then one or two of the big clubs where the momentum and new players might nick us a win or two.

Guest Magpiecn

No chance. That'll be sh*t for morale wouldn't it? I'd sooner have 4 easy-ish games, get 9-10 points on the board, be in the top few places after 4 games with morale high, then one or two of the big clubs where the momentum and new players might nick us a win or two.

So Fulham ,or Wigan,or even Reading at home.

Guest smoggeordie

Something like Fulham (H), Wigan (A), Boro (H), Reading (A), followed by Man U (H), Chelsea (A).

We amassed a mammoth 2 points from those 6 games last year :lol:

:lol: I know. There was a slight exaggeration.

Always nice to get those ones out of the way earlier on though. They're an annoyance when spread out.

Last season, we actually had a very, very nice run-in from like the end of March/onwards. There was only Arsenal and Chelsea to play at home, out of the big boys. Something like the last ten or eleven games were quite tasty. But of course, we were blessed with Roeder.

Onto topic, definitely Spurs (H). Tough game, but definitely winnable. And if we do win, then it'd be a major confidence boost. Plus i don't like them and love it when we beat them. But regardless of who we're playing, i'd love to be there for the first home day.