Nani

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WE HAVEN'T HAD MUCH LUCK IN THE PAST WITH PORTUGUESE WONDER KIDS, HAVE WE???

I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD COMPARE HIM TO VIANA, BUT LIKE I SAID HE HAS ENOUGH PACE TO COMPETE IN THE EPL, YOU WOULD BE BEST TO COMPARE HIM TO RONALDO THAN VIANA.

So just because he has pace it would be better to compare him to Ronaldo? Why not compare him to Alan O'Brien who also has pace.

Only seen him play once but I wouldn't compare him to Ronaldo at all.

was going to, but couldn't be arsed to find out what isze they were adn they aren't wingers lol, but at leats they have proven they are strong enough

Neither is Martins ;)

There small, that is all, they've played for NUFC so they must be under 6ft like every player we sign.

yeah i know, i had bit meself in the bum there, but with Martins he is ridiculously strong for his size

Very true, didn't realise how much strength he had a Inter, but when he came here it was plain to see what  a little powerhouse he is. Imaging if he had the height as well, he's half decent in the air as it is.

I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD COMPARE HIM TO VIANA, BUT LIKE I SAID HE HAS ENOUGH PACE TO COMPETE IN THE EPL, YOU WOULD BE BEST TO COMPARE HIM TO RONALDO THAN VIANA.

So just because he has pace it would be better to compare him to Ronaldo? Why not compare him to Alan O'Brien who also has pace.

I havent seen the guy but I think comparing him with a slow central midfielder and comparing him to someone who is actually more like him makes perfect sense :lol:

Who would you compare him to since i'm not allowed by you to compare him to Ronaldo rather than Viana then?

I think I would rather us go for the proven MGP who I reckon would cost a lot less. Will never be as good as the likes of Ronaldo but is a hell of a lot less risk and is proven to be a very good player in the league.

I havent seen the guy but I think comparing him with a slow central midfielder and comparing him to someone who is actually more like him makes perfect sense :lol:

You'd think its a canny reason to comapre him to Ronaldo since:

Both are Portuguese.

Both are young.

Both are versatile wingers. (with Nani more able to play in the centre)

Both came form the same acadamy.

Both are looking likely to play in the EPL.

Both are going to cost the same in fee's.

Both have similar styles, running at players, tricky, and technical.

But no, Alan O'Brien it is coz he's pacy.  :rolleyes:

I think I would rather us go for the proven MGP who I reckon would cost a lot less. Will never be as good as the likes of Ronaldo but is a hell of a lot less risk and is proven to be a very good player in the league.

Good call, he would kick ass. Need some flair in this team. He would be a reliable Robert

Guest nufc 4 life

oh right got ya. You have to remember i think Toon's Taylor mentioned it,but Nani can play anywhere along the midfield on the left, the right and in the middle, so he would give good cover it's like buying 3new players in 1 in a way

There is no denying that NUFC need a creative midfielder though.

This, and like i said, a player to build a team around.

He could be the key in a year or so to pushing NUFC into the top 4.

They don't come along often, but every major team needs a player like him, i hope he goes to manu and not spurs as the impact he'd have there would be gutting.

Guest Toon83

We do need a creative midfielder but this kid is being watched by Man United and Chelsea so i doubt we could compete with them over players this summer, maybe next when Allardyce has stabilised the team

We do need a creative midfielder but this kid is being watched by Man United and Chelsea so i doubt we could compete with them over players this summer, maybe next when Allardyce has stabilised the team

Chelsea need him to open up a very boring team, Liverpool could also do with him, but if we have this kind of money then i couldn't think of a better £12m spent in this summer window for us.

If Ashley want to makes a difference from the off, then this would be a great place to start.

Guest Triglett

I haven't really seen Nani, aside from the odd clip or two, but it does seem as if he'd be a hell of a signing. I know Ronaldo's already made several recommendations to SAF, and I've heard lots of hype about the kid. We already beat United to Berbatov and Bale (although the latter was probably more to do with the fact that we were willing to pay over the odds for him), it'd be fantastic if we could add another to the team - the board's ambition is completely exceeding all our expectations, which is very rare at Spurs. Not getting my hopes up though.

I really want to know the way people go on about the likes of Nani when they blatantly have only witnessed a 3 minute clip of him on youtube and heard there's a lot of hype surrounding the lad from all sections across the board.

It's like people just open up FM and say 'oooh lookie here, this boy's potential ability is 180+, we should sign him for £12m!!'

Guest nufc 4 life

I really want to know the way people go on about the likes of Nani when they blatantly have only witnessed a 3 minute clip of him on youtube and heard there's a lot of hype surrounding the lad from all sections across the board.

It's like people just open up FM and say 'oooh lookie here, this boy's potential ability is 180+, we should sign him for £12m!!'

TBH that's a very immature way of looking at it and is untrue, well for me anyway ;)

I stay in portugal with my family sometimes, and my portugese family all say he is the next big thing in portugese football.

from the matches I saw he looked fast, but not too strong, i couldnt decide if he looked wiry or weak, really, not in his current competetive environment.

A good prospect, I'd like to see him here.

TBH that's a very immature way of looking at it and is untrue, well for me anyway ;)

So how much have you seen of him? Unless you watch the Portuguese league, and in particular, whatever team he plays for, I'm guessing you're just basing all this on the fact that Manyoo and Spurs are interested, much like in the other thread with Ben Haim whom some people assume to be good because Chelsea were apparently interested.

Guest Steven_MB

a couple of weeks ago this guy signed a new contract (6 years) with a higher buy-out clause (£20m) why did he do this, as he blatantly wants to leave, and his contract was starting to run out?

Are players really stupid enough to accept more money quickly, evenif it means thay can't do what they want? If he hadn't signed he would definately have left this summer!

sell Zoggy to Wenger for £6, and give £15 to Sporting. I'd rather keep Zoggy though and turn him into a proper striker, which i think he could do, like henry.