Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Guest Invicta_Toon

The way I see it, if a player doesn't want to play for the club anymore (for whatever reason), get rid. If this is the case, I'm happy that we'll get a few quid for him, and I trust in Sams ability to unearth a young/unknown player who can do a job for us. We shouldn't need to beg players to stay, especially as so many of our so-called stars have flattered to deceive in recent seasons. So, if Owen, Dyer, Parker, whoever, wants out, f*** 'em, let them go, as long as we can get a good deal. We need to move on, and I can see there being a few more departures before the end of the summer...

Totally agreed. Too much money in players that don't want to play for us... I want Owen to leave as well.

yeah we dragged Parker here kicking and screaming. Fucking hell

why would he have immediately gone to Allardyce and asked for a move?, that's what you need to ask yourself, and that's why this move stinks

Because he's a Cockney and wants to move back home?

after he wanted to move here in the first place?

how many non-gerodies are there in the team btw? do they all want to go home?

Domi moved here in the first place, got homesick and went back home. Same with Parker. Nowt wrong with it. Viduka looks like he's rejecting West Ham & Pompey in favour of us because, amongst other reasons, he wants to stay here.

we've lost the only half decent player that actually came here in the last 3 years wanting to play for this club

and yes, what happened to everyone gets a clean slate, Sam can get anyone settled?

f****** bullshit as usual, and keeping the likes of Dyer makes it even worse

If Parker wanted out, you can't play that card, mate. 

well, again that says a lot about the club and Fat Sam tbh, the only c*** who needed persuading left

you think Dyer or Owen needed much persuading? Bollocks

What?  Vic, I honestly don't understand what the f*** you're getting at, mate. 

If a player is vocal about a change and approaches the manager for it, what is one to do? 

Persuade him to stay?  Fine if he does, but you always know that there is some doubt in

his mind.  I'd rather do what's best for both parties (If, in fact, Parker did want out) and

send him where he can get a fresh start. 

If he was forced out, that's a whole other scenario. 

why would he have immediately gone to Allardyce and asked for a move?, that's what you need to ask yourself, and that's why this move stinks

What graemeh72 said, Vic.

It could have been brewing (the thought of leaving) inside that pefectly coiff'd heed of his for months.  West Ham catch wind and it's off to Lardon.   

Guest Invicta_Toon

Domi moved here in the first place, got homesick and went back home. Same with Parker. Nowt wrong with it.

Domi is French

Guest graemeh72

Things change, I started a job a couple of years ago and then resigned a year or so later - (Vic if you get a job then I'm sure that you'll do the same)

Some non geordies will settle in the region more easily than others.

Its really quite straightforward ......

Domi moved here in the first place, got homesick and went back home. Same with Parker. Nowt wrong with it.

Least we're getting profit for Parker though.

Another one hounded out by the fans.

Speed - In his final season for us the general opinion was that he was rubbish and most when he was sold for peanuts to Bolton.

WHAT?!

Speed is the most ridiculously over-rated Newcastle player of the Premiership era. He was decent, no more, no less. People take the mick out of Parker and his pirouettes, Speed was similar in that respect. He'd also give the ball a fair bit, wasn't a great tackler, and how often would the wingers (in particular Robert), have to stop a forward run because rather than play the ball in front of them, Speed would play it to feet or even behind? The only thing that made him stand out was that he wasn't as attacking as the other three midfielders and didn't bomb forward all of the time. Want my true view, Acuna was much the better player.

Hmmm. Not sure I agree with that - Speed was a slow starter, but pure class. He was what Parker should have been. Speed was a box to box attacking midfielder throughout his career, except at Newcastle where SBR turned him into a quality DM. Nothing spectacular - but consistent as they come mate. I think he made Jenas look good tbh. If Parker could have adapted his game like Speed did, he could've been a legend too. Not only that - scored his fair share of goals too.

Acuna was underrated btw - I thought he was pretty good, did the job as a squad player. We need more depth and players of that quality as backup, as opposed to the likes of Amady Faye!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Why do people still take Vic seriously? Clearly either a WUM or someone that knows very little about football...

yet you take seriously people who think footballers honestly plan their careers around thier place of origin?

Guest Gemmill

Vic, Allardyce held meetings with all the players from what I can gather.  He would certainly have had a one to one with the current club captain.  It's perfectly feasible that Parker said "Look, I'm not happy here.  I don't like living in the North East, nor does my wife, and it's going to affect me on the pitch.  I don't want a clean slate, I want to leave."

His body language has been poor for a while and he hasn't looked like a bloke that's been enjoying his football here.  So why fight to keep him?

Why do people still take Vic seriously? Clearly either a WUM or someone that knows very little about football...

Because he's more interesting than half the blokes that post on here?  He always offers an opinion, WUM or not.  Some are worth responding to and some are not.  Howay the Vic! 

Domi is French

Which is only an extra 20-30 minutes on the plane from here than what London is. What the f*cks that got to do with it anyway?

Guest Invicta_Toon

we've lost the only half decent player that actually came here in the last 3 years wanting to play for this club

and yes, what happened to everyone gets a clean slate, Sam can get anyone settled?

f****** bullshit as usual, and keeping the likes of Dyer makes it even worse

If Parker wanted out, you can't play that card, mate. 

well, again that says a lot about the club and Fat Sam tbh, the only c*** who needed persuading left

you think Dyer or Owen needed much persuading? Bollocks

What?  Vic, I honestly don't understand what the f*** you're getting at, mate. 

If a player is vocal about a change and approaches the manager for it, what is one to do? 

Persuade him to stay?  Fine if he does, but you always know that there is some doubt in

his mind.  I'd rather do what's best for both parties (If, in fact, Parker did want out) and

send him where he can get a fresh start. 

If he was forced out, that's a whole other scenario. 

What graemeh72 said, Vic.

It could have been brewing (the thought of leaving) inside that pefectly coiff'd heed of his for months.  West Ham catch wind and it's off to Lardon.   

without a fight from Fat Sam, brilliant

Guest Invicta_Toon

Domi is French

Which is only an extra 20-30 minutes on the plane from here than what London is. What the f*cks that got to do with it anyway?

you don't know the difference between French and English?

Lots of players these days are one season wonders.Great first season then shit after until their contract is due to expire then they either play to attract potential buyers or to earn a new contract.Im willing to bet Parker will be a hit next season for Wham but tail off after.

Domi is French

you don't know the difference between French and English?

Course I do, but if a player and his family has to move away from their friends and rest of family where they've lived their whole lives, then it doesn't matter whether he's from London or Paris, he's still going to have the same personal problems.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Lots of players these days are one season wonders.Great first season then shit after until their contract is due to expire then they either play to attract potential buyers or to earn a new contract.Im willing to bet Parker will be a hit next season for Wham but tail off after.

I think you're thinking of fat lazy wanks like Viduka

You don't know that Vic.  I'm sure Sam gave Scotty an idea of the direction he was headed, Scotty thought it over and thought it best to move on. 

We don't know what happened, though, so you could be right.  If it comes out later that he was forced out, then this move is bollocks as is the clean slate comment.  I'm thinking it was mutual, though. 

Lots of players these days are one season wonders.Great first season then s*** after until their contract is due to expire then they either play to attract potential buyers or to earn a new contract.Im willing to bet Parker will be a hit next season for Wham but tail off after.

:lol: Unbe-fucking-lievable.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Why do people still take Vic seriously? Clearly a WUM and someone that knows very little about football...

FYP.

Agreed.

Don't think he's a WUM, just generally think he's a bit of a prat.

It's not me who thinks a Frenchman moving to Newcastle is the same as a cockney

Guest Invicta_Toon

Lots of players these days are one season wonders.Great first season then s*** after until their contract is due to expire then they either play to attract potential buyers or to earn a new contract.Im willing to bet Parker will be a hit next season for Wham but tail off after.

:lol: Unbe-fucking-lievable.

proof positive now, are you seriously going to say Parker is a lazy twat who plays for a contract?