Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Nigel Reo-Coker - He made an apparent plea to join Newcastle (The Sun), although the article is backed up with quotes from his agent. The fee is quoted at around £8m.

CONS -Part of the bling-up-boys at West Ham, possibility of having a big ego (only wanted Champions League team) and is not that technically gifted. PROS - U-21 captain, looking for a new challenge, price and wages could be knocked down a bit as he is desperate to leave.

Joey Barton - Available after training ground fight with Dabo. He has a release fee of £5.5m.

CONS - Off the field incidents, his reputation. PROS - more of an attacking player, but can defend, getting out of Manchester might be a blessing in disguise.

Dennis Boateng - under £1m

CON - not been tested at a high level.

How about Barton and Boateng? Barton is a bit risky because of his temperment, but the more i think about it the more a feel he could be a big risk worth taking, after all gives 100% and does a good job on the pitch, scores a few, makes a few, battles/tackles hard and could prove a snip at £5.5m. We need 4 good CM's in our squad for next season imo as Emre will most probably get injured at some point and any other injuries/suspensions could see us short. BUTT BARTON EMRE BOATENG gives us decent CM options imo

Still, I think Barton might be worth a shot. If as it seems we will play Butt as the dm then  I think Barton would work better than Parker did with him.

And if Sam plays the 4-3-3 then he might try Butt, Barton and Emre.

Parker had the ability to, just for some unknown reason he decided to stop going forward and instead spin round in circles every time he got the ball

Dont know if this is posted eleswhere, but how cheap was he last year!!! Or is this Southgate trying to say " His agent has told us to f*** off this time around "

Southgate told the Evening Gazette: "I don't think we will be pursuing Joey Barton for a mixture of things really.

"There was a £2million difference in the fee that was quoted last year and the fee that is being quoted now. Last year at that time yes, it was something that I was interested in.

"But things move on and I feel that it wouldn't be the right thing for us now."

Good news.  Another over paid, under performer leaving.  Not at all unhappy about this.

The way things are going, I can see Butt being captain next year and a good one at that.

Aye I think Butt will end captain as well. But hopefully Taylor will be in a couple of seasons.

Guest johnson293

Dont know if this is posted eleswhere, but how cheap was he last year!!! Or is this Southgate trying to say " His agent has told us to f*** off this time around "

Southgate told the Evening Gazette: "I don't think we will be pursuing Joey Barton for a mixture of things really.

"There was a £2million difference in the fee that was quoted last year and the fee that is being quoted now. Last year at that time yes, it was something that I was interested in.

"But things move on and I feel that it wouldn't be the right thing for us now."

That would seem to be complete b***ocks from Southgate.

I seem to remember Barton being touted at about £8m not that long ago - it seems that since the training ground incident, on top of other things, City are basically accepting that they will let him go at his release fee, because they clearly fear no-one will take him for any higher.

Guest teepee

On the subject of Southgate - can anyone see Boro going down next year?  I have a real feeling they will.

same here - they will end between 15th and 20th imo

Guest gggg

how about momo sisoko?

not very good passer - but very hard working and tackling

And nothing else, you cant play Sissoko in a 4-4-2 unless Maradona is playing along side him. No thanks.

Guest BooBoo

Parker was one player i didnt foresee leaving this summer, but we are crying out for an all round midfielder who can score goals. Emre, Dyer and Parker have their talents, but both have terrible goal returns. I dont particularly want the over-rated Reo Coker, and Barton comes with baggage. However, i do think if Allardyce can control Barton then he could be our "Gerrard" type player- the sort who at times can really grab a game by the scruff of the neck- tackling, creating and scoring.

Guest johnson293

On the subject of Southgate - can anyone see Boro going down next year?  I have a real feeling they will.

Sky Reporting that Yakubu is also wanting away, and a decent bid will seem him gone - They also report that Boro are close to a permanent deal for Arsenal youngster (24) Jeremie Aliadiere (sp.)

how about momo sisoko?

To be honest I don't think thats what we need. We've still got Butt who can do that job (and he's a better passer than Sisoko), what we need is a more attack minded midfielder.

Guest BooBoo

with parker leaving we have to believe that something is in the pipe line, a decent fee for an average player I really do hope that SA knows what he is doing.

Agreed. Its all very well the press saying "Player X to join NUFC" but at the moment nobody has joined us and we have lost a lot of players from a squad which is now beyond paper thin. Before the summer i thought 5 new players should be brought in, but now we really need 7 or 8, considering how light we are.

However, i do think if Allardyce can control Barton then he could be our "Gerrard" type player- the sort who at times can really grab a game by the scruff of the neck- tackling, creating and scoring.

Yep yep. I can see Barton becoming a better-Bowyer, rather than a better-Parker.

However, i do think if Allardyce can control Barton then he could be our "Gerrard" type player- the sort who at times can really grab a game by the scruff of the neck- tackling, creating and scoring.

I agree with you totally on that.  However, its a great ask and a massive gamble.

The gamble is lessened by the fact that we've just added £7-8m to the transfer kitty anyhow, and he's still young. If we don't jump on him from the off, and let Allardyce 'work his magic', i reckon he'll do well for us.

I was just thinking this the other day, if Yak goes as well as Viduka, they'll be screwed.

Oh the joy of listening to Bernie Slavern on 3 Legends moaning on.

with parker leaving we have to believe that something is in the pipe line, a decent fee for an average player I really do hope that SA knows what he is doing.

Agreed. Its all very well the press saying "Player X to join NUFC" but at the moment nobody has joined us and we have lost a lot of players from a squad which is now beyond paper thin. Before the summer i thought 5 new players should be brought in, but now we really need 7 or 8, considering how light we are.

rumours about parker going were here months ago and maybe he did want to move back down south and no matter what SA had to say he wasn't on board with the SA vision. Or it may be the case that SA looked at the squad and saw the issue we all did, how can you play butt, parker, dyer, emre in the middle well and to be honest you can't and sinse it was a choice from maybe parker and emre getting the higher fee's for.

totally agree we are now even more paper thin than what we were in the summer but you have to admit we are actually just taking away dead wood, if parker didnt want to be here than as SA if you dont want to play here you dont have to.

lets just hope player "X" comes in sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't panic about signings just yet.  We're in the middle of a proposed takeover and its holiday time/international duty for players.

Until both of these have happened/passed, then SA can do his wheeling and dealing.  Don't forget, whatever he was originally promised as a budget could change should Ashley take over, and may mean he changes his original targets as he can afford an extra few million here and there.

how about momo sisoko?

Mohammed Sissoko is joining Juventus on a 4 year deal for a reported fee of around €12m, although Liverpool are trying to get €16m. (Corriere Della Sport)