Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Dont know if this is posted eleswhere, but how cheap was he last year!!! Or is this Southgate trying to say " His agent has told us to f*** off this time around "

Southgate told the Evening Gazette: "I don't think we will be pursuing Joey Barton for a mixture of things really.

"There was a £2million difference in the fee that was quoted last year and the fee that is being quoted now. Last year at that time yes, it was something that I was interested in.

"But things move on and I feel that it wouldn't be the right thing for us now."

That would seem to be complete b***ocks from Southgate.

I seem to remember Barton being touted at about £8m not that long ago - it seems that since the training ground incident, on top of other things, City are basically accepting that they will let him go at his release fee, because they clearly fear no-one will take him for any higher.

Its never been any higher than £5.5m. Not sure what Southgate is getting at. Could be he thinks that Barton was a £3.5m player not so long ago - Im memory serves Boro made a bid last Jan in the middle of Barton's contract negotiations, but it was rejected.

I'm still hung up on the idea that Clark was getting sent to Argentina to unearth a "new Nobby".

Admittedly, I'm not arsed if its Clark who goes, but if we were to find a couple of 18-20 year olds, bleed them through into the first team gradually, do anything we could to stop them from feeling homesick (ie. use Nobby as a "mentor") then I think we could end up with some real gems.

Guest Invicta_Toon

So much for Fat Sam, the man who could make an eskimo settle in Hawaii

what a shit piece of business

Guest alex

So much for Fat Sam, the man who could make an eskimo settle in Hawaii

what a shit piece of business

Why do you think that?

Are you still sure Roeder and Parker are going to here next season, Yorkie? ;)

Hmm.  :undecided:

Un-afraid to say that those comments backfired monumentally so.

Not really, you've done us all a huge favour and i personally think you should be knighted.

Now do you think Dyer will still be here next season?

Looks like Boro have agreed a deal to sign Aliadiere. :lol:

They really are in the sh*t next season. Yakubu also unhappy there too. If Martins does go, I'd get him in like a shot.

I find that bizarre. You don't rate Martins but you rate Yakubu? Martins a far better player imo.