David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Guest Darth Toon

Good solid defender this bloke:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=469750&CPID=8&title=Newcastle+move+for+Czech&lid=&channel=Football_Home&f=rss&clid=4

Newcastle United have joined the race to sign Czech international defender David Rozehnal.

The Paris Saint Germain star is the subject of a bid from Borussia Dortmund, but now Newcastle have entered the battle for his signature.

The 26-year-old has been a rock at the heart of the PSG defence for the last two years since joining from Club Brugge.

Dortmund looked clear favourites to land Rozehnal, but now his representatives have confirmed Newcastle are now very much in the running as new boss Sam Allardyce targets some much needed defensive reinforcements.

Pavel Zika admits that talks between PSG and Borussia are not going as smoothly as they could.

"After a meeting between PSG and Borussia representatives it seemed the deal would be done easily, but now it looks that the negotiations will be very tough," he said.

"Also, Newcastle are yet to have their strong say."

Vikor Kolar - who works with Zika, admitted that Rozehnal's future will be decided by PSG.

"It will depend which side hand PSG the most financially interesting offer," he told Sport.

"Both destinations [borussia and Newcastle] have their magic, but PSG will have the final word. David is going to consider his future after Saturday's match against Wales."

Allardyce is a known fan of Rozehnal after trying to sign him for Bolton as recently as January and he has wasted little time in rekindling his interest.

PSG have been utterly woeful this season. A rock in defence? What defence, outplayed by minnows week in week out. Lucky still to be in the top flight.

Saved me a post. blueyes.gif

Guest gggg

Had a decent World Cup for the Czech Republic.

They lost 2 out of 3, lost to Ghana and Italy - beat the worst team in the tournament.

Wasn't GR looking at him in the winter window?

Not impressed with any player coming from a soft French league ATM.

There are rumours that Ujfalusi is looking to move on from Fiorentina, i'd rather have a little look at the possibility of signing him.

PSG have been utterly woeful this season. A rock in defence? What defence, outplayed by minnows week in week out. Lucky still to be in the top flight.

Saved me a post. blueyes.gif

But, not that i saw, he must have improved come the end of the season as PSG and PLG managed to save the club from relegation.

I dont know if he did play or but if he did, he must have had a say and they only conceded 42 goals last season which isn't that bad looking around the league how many other teams have conceded.

Anyone know lots about him? and if he helped to save PSG from relegation?

Guest teepee

don't know much about him, but generally sam need's to aim higher than what he is used to at bolton - we want to be better than them, not just "them"

don't know much about him, but generally sam need's to aim higher than what he is used to at bolton - we want to be better than them, not just "them"

We need 3 centre-backs realistically though, someone like him as one of the squad members would be handy.