David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Guest mishka17

Trust Huntington and Edgar more than Ramage tbh...

Think they showed more promise than he ever has.

totally agree

Edgar deserves more of a chance IMO. He was great against Manure.

Hunty was also good, but putting him on LB wasn't best idea

Only one place to put Hunty and Edgar, Out on loan.

Wouldnt hurt Damage too, but he can amble about in the squad as back backup. God knows he might even improve if we bring in players around him that actually know how to defend!

Only one place to put Hunty and Edgar, Out on loan.

Wouldnt hurt Damage too, but he can amble about in the squad as back backup. God knows he might even improve if we bring in players around him that actually know how to defend!

Agree if we get some decent defenders in.

IMO all youth players who had first team action last season should be loaned out, aswell as the promising younger ones who are a little too good for the reserves.

Hopefully we'll loan out:

Matty Pattison

Alan O'Brien

Andrew Carroll

David Edgar

Paul Huntington

James Troisi

K. LuaLua (If he's ready)

Tim Krul

Sooooo...

Given, Harper

New RB, Carr

New LB, Babayaro

New CB, Rozehnal

Taylor, Ramage

Milner, Solano

N'Zogbia, Duff

Emre, Dyer

Barton, Butt

Viduka, Ameobi

Owen, Martins

Depending on who the "New RB, LB & CBs" are, we should easily be looking at 7th bare minimum.

Do you think we tempt the likes of Rozehnal with a place on our bench when other clubs the size of Dortmund and Sevilla are also knocking on their door?

Sooooo...

Given, Harper

New RB, Carr

New LB, Babayaro

New CB, Rozehnal

Taylor, Ramage

Milner, Solano

N'Zogbia, Duff

Emre, Dyer

Barton, Butt

Viduka, Ameobi

Owen, Martins

Depending on who the "New RB, LB & CBs" are, we should easily be looking at 7th bare minimum.

Do you think we tempt the likes of Rozehnal with a place on our bench when other clubs the size of Dortmund and Sevilla are also knocking on their door?

He was only offered tea lady there.

BBC running it now:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6232364.stm

Sooooo...

Given, Harper

New RB, Carr

New LB, Babayaro

New CB, Rozehnal

Taylor, Ramage

Milner, Solano

N'Zogbia, Duff

Emre, Dyer

Barton, Butt

Viduka, Ameobi

Owen, Martins

You have forgot the most important signing:

Manager: Sam Allardyce!

i would accept anything for duff and get rid of him straight away.

agree we need a new lb and rb and 1 more cb if rozenhal actually does sign.

i like Shola but i think its time for him to leave unless Martins or Owen leaves this summer

Guest Toon83

I've seen Rozehnal play a couple of times and although he is not an outstanding defender, he is solid and doesnt give much away, which is exactly what we need to play alongside tayls, and if we can get an experienced player i.e. Hyypia in aswell then i would be happy with our centre half situation.

its full backs where we have a problem though, Nobby may play there next season to carry on his good form there this season but we are screwed at left back

Guest Toon83

i still say try for nicky shorey of Reading

Yeah i agree, but would prefer Baines to Shorey although Big Sam seems to want height at full back so maybe Shorey might be the better shout.

If i did have to choose between the two at the same price i would go for Baines though

Good stuff, I suppose. Like many I'm no expert on Rozehnal having only seen him a handful of times, but I trust that Allardyce has had his eye on him for a good while now and will have had him fully checked out for a good enough length of time. It's quite nice to be signing somebody who we don't have too many pre-conceptions about, let's hope he turns out to be another Sibierski-style success story - as opposed to a Damien Duffer - who has been nothing but disappointment after we expected so much from him. Hopefully the low fee for Rozehnal combined with not many people knowing much about him should allow him a relatively pressure-free start here as opposed to other players that we've bought/will buy. If he's an improvement on Bramble, Moore and Onyewu then we're making forward strides. That's what next season is all about, really. Getting rid of the dross/the stale/the disliked and hopefully replacing them with players who can take us to where we should be.

If it's the first of 3/4 defenders then I'll be delighted, but it's obviously another thing that depends on Allardyce's formation plans and the futures of Carr/Babayaro and the future positions of Dyer/N'Zogbia, etc.

i forgot about baines

i like both of them and they are playing at clubs where you would expect both to leave

they are both young and starting to try and push their way into the England squad

people say Bridge ... im not to sure because hes always injured

Allardyce seems to be looking into players and choosing ones that suits his style

shorey is two inches taller than baines!

Baines everytime for me.

If we can get a RB and Beye or similar that can play RB or CB that would be good. Likewise another CB that can play LB, although thats a little trickier.

Baines, two CB ideally that could play fullback, and a RB.

Hyppia is a good bet, we need someone with premiership experience. Would prefer enticing Campbell though.

Guest Toon83

TBH Baines would be an awesome signing and if available i would go for him straight away, no matter what the price, he seems to be a very proffessional player aswell, which is what Big Sam looks for in his players

Good stuff, I suppose. Like many I'm no expert on Rozehnal having only seen him a handful of times, but I trust that Allardyce has had his eye on him for a good while now and will have had him fully checked out for a good enough length of time. It's quite nice to be signing somebody who we don't have too many pre-conceptions about, let's hope he turns out to be another Sibierski-style success story - as opposed to a Damien Duffer - who has been nothing but disappointment after we expected so much from him. Hopefully the low fee for Rozehnal combined with not many people knowing much about him should allow him a relatively pressure-free start here as opposed to other players that we've bought/will buy. If he's an improvement on Bramble, Moore and Onyewu then we're making forward strides. That's what next season is all about, really. Getting rid of the dross/the stale/the disliked and hopefully replacing them with players who can take us to where we should be.

If it's the first of 3/4 defenders then I'll be delighted, but it's obviously another thing that depends on Allardyce's formation plans and the futures of Carr/Babayaro and the future positions of Dyer/N'Zogbia, etc.

Good post, Another reason why im happy about getting Rozehnal is the fact that over the past few years we seem to be buying players from bigger clubs who were either passed their best or couldnt get a game but SA seems to be buying players who are viewed as their clubs best player.

Ive never watched Rozehnal play for PSG but he cant be that bad if he was voted PSG's player of the season and was in the French league team of the year despite PSG struggling.

There seems to be a bit of doubt as to whether he was really in the team of the year earlier in the thread.  Either way I'm sure Big Sam will have done his homework.

Yea i just checked and he WASNT in the team of the season BUT that was on Wiki.