David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Guest khyberpass

Rozehnal...a good solid signing....in keeping with Sam's "sign em- test em- keep/dump em" strategy for buying players...

Would expect him to buy SEVERAL other fairly unheard of players yet...

As for Richards; I'll be controversial and say that I don't think he's that much better than Bramble ....seen a few games at City ground and he wasn't a patch on the performance of Dunne & Distin (remember him!). I'd feel as if we were taking it up the chockie if we paid £15M ....

TEAM NEXT SEASON (HOPEFULLY):

GIVEN

RICHARDS TAYLOR CAMPBELL BAINES/DRENGTHE, 

MILNER      BARTON     BUTT    MARTINS                     

OWEN  VIDUKA                                         

Cant do anything but laugh... :D

I don't know why people put soo much stock in the idea that if a shit load of clubs arent after a player he must be shit.

Shit loads of clubs were apparently after Luque and Gooch including Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea etc...

Rozehnal will be playing in a 3-5-2 alongside two other centre backs so he will be fine. His mobility will be key as he will be one of the two centre backs playing on the outside and so his mobility will be vital as on counter attacks he might sometimes have to pick up the left-back/right-back. We will have a beast to play in the middle of the back three who will be more physical.

I seriously doubt we'll play that formation.

I wonder whether Sam is thinking of also using him as an anchor man in midfield. Am I right in thinking he used Hierro in that way?

Course that would mean he'd need to bring in another centre back.

Guest Verlaine

Soz i was at work didnt make any sense when i read it back. modified now

Don't fucking apologise to people who are taking the piss out of you. Call them miserable cunts and be done with.

Don't f****** apologise to people who are taking the piss out of you. Call them miserable c***s and be done with.

Ok, sorry. I won't do it again.

Guest optimistic nit

Don't fucking apologise to people who are taking the piss out of you. Call them miserable cunts and be done with.

:lol:

Paris St Germain defender David Rozehnal has arrived on Tyneside with a view to completing a move to Newcastle United.

The 26-year-old Czech international was at St James' Park on Monday afternoon to hold talks and undergo a medical.

Manager Sam Allardyce hopes to be able to tie up what would be his third summer signing within 24 hours and take the first step towards rebuilding his defence.

The Magpies tabled a bid of Ј2million earlier this month, but amid interest from Borussia Dortmund, increased the offer last week.

Allardyce stepped up his interest in Rozehnal after missing out on Israel international Tal Ben Haim, who opted to join Chelsea on a free transfer rather than follow his former manager from Bolton to the north-east.

Having wasted no time in taking striker Mark Viduka and midfielder Joey Barton to Tyneside, the new boss swiftly turned his attention to the club's defence.

Rozehnal has been in his sights for some time, as have Liverpool's Sami Hyypia and Marseille skipper Habib Beye.

His agent, Pavel Zika, revealed on Friday evening that a deal had been struck, and now it is a question of passing a medical and concluding the discussions.

However, it is unlikely he would be the last defender to join the club this summer with Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Oguchi Onyewu and Olivier Bernard all having left since Allardyce succeeded Glenn Roeder.

Guest Toon83

Paris St Germain defender David Rozehnal has arrived on Tyneside with a view to completing a move to Newcastle United.

The 26-year-old Czech international was at St James' Park on Monday afternoon to hold talks and undergo a medical.

Manager Sam Allardyce hopes to be able to tie up what would be his third summer signing within 24 hours and take the first step towards rebuilding his defence.

The Magpies tabled a bid of Ј2million earlier this month, but amid interest from Borussia Dortmund, increased the offer last week.

Allardyce stepped up his interest in Rozehnal after missing out on Israel international Tal Ben Haim, who opted to join Chelsea on a free transfer rather than follow his former manager from Bolton to the north-east.

Having wasted no time in taking striker Mark Viduka and midfielder Joey Barton to Tyneside, the new boss swiftly turned his attention to the club's defence.

Rozehnal has been in his sights for some time, as have Liverpool's Sami Hyypia and Marseille skipper Habib Beye.

His agent, Pavel Zika, revealed on Friday evening that a deal had been struck, and now it is a question of passing a medical and concluding the discussions.

However, it is unlikely he would be the last defender to join the club this summer with Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Oguchi Onyewu and Olivier Bernard all having left since Allardyce succeeded Glenn Roeder.

why do fulhamweb.com always have stories on newcastle on their site?

is this just my ignorance or shouldnt they be talking about fulham?

why do fulhamweb.com always have stories on newcastle on their site?

is this just my ignorance or shouldnt they be talking about fulham?

Nothing interesting going down at Craven Cottage probably.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/article1985793.ece

David Rozehnal has completed his £3 million transfer from Paris Saint-Germain. The Czech Republic defender passed a medical at Newcastle and has agreed personal terms on a four-year contract. The 26-year-old is expected to be presented at a press conference today.

So glad its done and dusted!

Now time to move onto the other targets....more defenders, WOOP WOOP!!  :celb:

edit, ooh how my sig grows, hope I don't run out of space........in fact no I do hope I run out of space :)

A proven defender?

At Newcastle?

In June?

For a good price?

This is all very strange...

And no hint of a bung*? Wonders will never cease...

*Instantly hopes he hasn't spoken too soon