David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

I think Martins could adapt his game to suit midfield no bother, I doubt he would want to though, he is a striker and will always wnat to be played as one.

I still think a 4-3-3 could work with the right midfield three is we use a front three of

------------------Viduka

------Owen------------------Martins

Viduka is one of the players can see and make those grat little through balls, I reckon he woulc create load sof goals for Owen and Martins. The mainw orry with that is having a three man midfield and knowing Viduka will not srop off to fill the gap in there when we lose the ball.

I agree with this in the main, good idea's. Martins from what i saw last season worked his socks off for us and got very frustrated seeing very little of the ball when playing as our main striker. I think he may preffer to drop a little deeper and will  not mind having to track back a bit if he plays this way, as his strength is running at defnders beating them with skill and pace he's better of letting someone like Viduka lead the line imo

Very frustrating not knowing if Owen and/or martins will still be here!!

He spent loads of last season dropping deep and chasing down the ball, his pace and strength help him to do this, would he be any worse than Duff or Zoggy there? both Duff and Zog were very poor last season BUT would he track all the way back and help out the LB? I dunno, but I would guess that under Sam he would play as asked and give his all doign it.

We are never going to be able to second guess how we will play until we know who is coming in, who is staying and who is going. It may very well be Viduka and Martins as our front 2 if Owen leaves or vice versa if Martins leaves.

f*** me!!  .co.uk - seriously man

rather than update us about potential comings and goings (meaning the Rozenhal deal), their main story is pictures of the Rod f****** Stewart gig last night.

Who cares???

isn't that better though............"we'll tell you when someone HAS signed" type of thing.

I think I'll hear it on SSN or something before .co.uk.

.co.uk is no better than tribal football.

f*** me!!  .co.uk - seriously man

rather than update us about potential comings and goings (meaning the Rozenhal deal), their main story is pictures of the Rod f****** Stewart gig last night.

Who cares???

isn't that better though............"we'll tell you when someone HAS signed" type of thing.

I think I'll hear it on SSN or something before .co.uk.

.co.uk is no better than tribal football.

Except for the fact it confirms transfers officially?

.co.uk tells the public  as much as the manager and board want them to know.

It was busier when Roeder was on there every day making promises he couldn't keep. Would you prefer to see something like that again?

Allardyce announces once on it that he is interested in a player - he doesn't need to keep repeating himself, and nothing needs to be said until everything is done and dusted, as we can rely on the watchful media telling us as much as the Official Site could tell us.

Thus club staff are spending more time doing important stuff than wasting time telling people what we really already know.

.co.uk tells the public  as much as the manager and board want them to know.

It was busier when Roeder was on there every day making promises he couldn't keep. Would you prefer to see something like that again?

Allardyce announces once on it that he is interested in a player - he doesn't need to keep repeating himself, and nothing needs to be said until everything is done and dusted, as we can rely on the watchful media telling us as much as the Official Site could tell us.

Thus club staff are spending more time doing important stuff than wasting time telling people what we really already know.

No but I would like them to confirm things like "Barton has medical" or Rosehnal has medical". both of thsoe were alover the press yet the official site said nothing. Its been like that from the end of the season, was like that even before Sam took the job, just a lack of real club news appears on there now.

Telling us about a bid for 'former Toon loan star' Rossi is a f****** joke like. :lol:

Aye, who fkn cares about it ,as a Toon fan it means nothing.

For once I would like to open the official site and see some transfer news that was not on any other site or  in any paper, I know its tough to keep these things quiet, but even once any story like that hits the press with photo's the lot they still say nothing.

A proven defender?

At Newcastle?

In June?

For a good price?

This is all very strange...

Now take a few deep breathes...enjoy some mary jane and let the sweet sounds of Sam sooth your mind

:bng: :toothy4:

Hey, are you sure there will be enough space for all our signings this summer in your signature?

Yep, I'll make them all fit on somehow!  :laugh2:

Oh and you just saw Rozza outside of SJP on SSN just now, he was being approached by some old grandad trying to get a signature, haha, oh oh, did I say grandad? .....I meant tramp

Link

SAM ALLARDYCE clinched his first defensive signing for Newcastle United when David Rozehnal arrived at St James’ Park from Paris St Germain.

And the United boss is expected to go back to France for another defender in Marseille’s versatile Habib Beye, who is at home both at right-back and centre-half.

Rozehnal was at St James’ Park yesterday afternoon to talk terms and have a medical after his £2.7m transfer from PSG, which will see the 26-year-old Czech international sign a four-year deal.

And he certainly had a rocking welcome to Tyneside, as along with the likes of Allardyce, Sir Bobby Robson, Freddy Shepherd, Lee Clark and Terry McDermott, Rozehnal enjoyed the Rod Stewart concert at St James’ Park.

He stopped rocking briefly to say: “Coming to a great club like Newcastle United is reward for all the hard work I have done throughout my career.”

United have seen off Borussia Dortmund for Rozehnal’s signature, and even when UEFA Cup holders Sevilla showed late interest, the player had already set his heart on Newcastle, with his acquisition compensating for missing out on Tal Ben Haim to Chelsea.

He is United’s sixth signing from PSG, following in the footsteps of Sylvain Distin, Alain Goma, Laurent Robert, Didier Domi and David Ginola.

And I expect United to go back to France for the current Marseille skipper, the 29-year-old Senegalese Beye, once the defender returns from holiday.

Beye played in both the UEFA Cup games against United in 2004 when Marseille went through thanks to Didier Drogba.

And the season before last he did likewise against Allardyce’s Bolton Wanderers in the UEFA Cup.

Beye has plenty of experience, but this will not stop Big Sam from stepping up his efforts to bring Sami Hyppia to St James’ Park once Liverpool sign a replacement for the Finnish international.

Meanwhile, things are starting to hot up at St James’ Park both on and off the field.

Another new arrival is expected to be Mark Taylor – a key member of Allardyce’s backroom staff at Bolton Wanderers – with the rather grand title of Head of Sport Science.

When Freddy Shepherd bumped into Allardyce at the HMV awards near the end of last season in London, the United chairman’s main topic was to find out why Bolton had had so few injuries.

Hartlepool-born 42-year-old Taylor is the main reason and he will be a welcome arrival at St James’ Park.

Guest elbee909

Well .com and chronical claim he has but nothing on the official website.

The site belongs to Ashley now, he has told Shepherd to brush up on his HTML to update it.

I think it is absolutely brilliant that Sam Allardyce chose to bring Rozehnal to the Rod Stewart concert.

This is after all his first foreign signing, and Rozehnal got the chance to meet some of the staff and their families in a chilled out, laid back setting, with the added chance of being able to sample some sort of atmosphere at SJP.

This will certainly help him settle a little.

I think it is absolutely brilliant that Sam Allardyce chose to bring Rozehnal to the Rod Stewart concert.

This is after all his first foreign signing, and Rozehnal got the chance to meet some of the staff and their families in a chilled out, laid back setting, with the added chance of being able to sample some sort of atmosphere at SJP.

I think it was just coincedence. I doubt Big Sam went out of his way to get Rozehnal in to see Rod Stewart.

:lol:

Guest exilim

I think it was just coincedence. I doubt Big Sam went out of his way to get Rozehnal in to see Rod Stewart.

Coincidence yet blessing in disguise probably.

Guest elbee909

Rod Stewart to replace Terry Mac?

"Wake up Magpies, I think I've got something to say to you..."