David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

NEWCASTLE boss Sam Allardyce spent the weekend in Cardiff trying to tie up a deal for Czech Republic centre-half David Rozehnal.Allardyce watched the Paris St Germain defender against Wales and is lining up a £3million move.The Toon chief faces competition from Borussia Dortmund for his services (Daily Mirror)

Looks like we may have won the race, I hope so :)

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470139&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=3&title=Magpies+head+race+for+Rozehnal&channel=&

Borussia Dortmund admit their hopes of signing Czech Republic international David Rozehnal have all but gone after Newcastle entered the race for the defender's signature.

The Bundesliga side had earmarked the Paris Saint Germain star as the ideal replacement for Real Madrid-bound Christoph Metzelder.

But Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is reportedly prepared to top Dortmund's €3.5million (£2.3m) offer to land the 26-year-old.

"We were keen on him long before the English registered their interest, but Paris won't allow him to join us," boss Hans-Joachim Watzke told Kicker.

"Financially we have gone as far as possible and we won't be part of a bidding race.

"We won't and we can't afford to spend €5million (£3.3m) for a central defender."

Rozehnal has been a key figure at the heart of the PSG defence for the last two years since joining from Club Brugge.

Guest Morph

Borrussia Dortmund can't afford to spend 3.3m on a player who will strengthen their squad?  Jesus H....

Guest SwissMagpie

ive seen him couple of time this year and i can say that he will be very good signing ,he is tall and strong and very soild.

anyway i think he will come a a roatation defender

ive seen him couple of time this year and i can say that he will be very good signing ,he is tall and strong and very soild.

anyway i think he will come a a roatation defender

i thought he was a czech ?

Taylor, Ben Haim, Rozenhal, Ramage ( :lol: ), Edgar, Huntington

Would people be happy with that if it comes of, or does anyone expect 4 quality centre halfs (having faith in Allardyce's judgement that Rozenhal is quality)

Ramage is shite i know, but i think he'll probably be backup.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I think that Allardyce had a list of players he was interested in taking to Bolton and he is probably bringing some of these here.

And he must be aware that our squad needs a lot more strength in depth so we are going to have to accept that this is the type of player who will be getting signed in the near future.

It might not be a bad thing to give the trophy signings a miss for a while until we have a bit of balance and depth to the squad. 

I think that Allardyce had a list of players he was interested in taking to Bolton and he is probably bringing some of these here.

And he must be aware that our squad needs a lot more strength in depth so we are going to have to accept that this is the type of player who will be getting signed in the near future.

It might not be a bad thing to give the trophy signings a miss for a while until we have a bit of balance and depth to the squad. 

It might be a good thing to stay well clear of the trophy signings for good.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470139&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=3&title=Magpies+head+race+for+Rozehnal&channel=&

Borussia Dortmund admit their hopes of signing Czech Republic international David Rozehnal have all but gone after Newcastle entered the race for the defender's signature.

The Bundesliga side had earmarked the Paris Saint Germain star as the ideal replacement for Real Madrid-bound Christoph Metzelder.

But Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is reportedly prepared to top Dortmund's €3.5million (£2.3m) offer to land the 26-year-old.

"We were keen on him long before the English registered their interest, but Paris won't allow him to join us," boss Hans-Joachim Watzke told Kicker.

"Financially we have gone as far as possible and we won't be part of a bidding race.

"We won't and we can't afford to spend €5million (£3.3m) for a central defender."

Rozehnal has been a key figure at the heart of the PSG defence for the last two years since joining from Club Brugge.

The English?  :lol:

Is there more than us interested?  :undecided:

Do you expect him to say "The Geordies" like?  :lol:

So what does this mean for ben haim?

Absolutely nothing. We've let 2 central defenders go on free transfers, and we don't have a central defender at the club over the age of 21 (apart from Ramage but he doesn't count). Allardyce said when he came that he needs to sign probably 4 or 5 players, plus replace the ones who left. Ben Haim for free and Ronzenhal for a few million would be good business.

Do you expect him to say "The Geordies" like?  :lol:

Newcastle?  :undecided:

I read read it as a bit bitter that's all, we have apparenly just out bid his team.  :lol:

Absolutely nothing. We've let 2 central defenders go on free transfers, and we don't have a central defender at the club over the age of 21 (apart from Ramage but he doesn't count). Allardyce said when he came that he needs to sign probably 4 or 5 players, plus replace the ones who left. Ben Haim for free and Ronzenhal for a few million would be good business.

I assumed we'd want to keep taylor starting though, and let him develop into a good player.  And i wouldnt have though ben haim or this guy would come to be on the bench.  So ben haim and rozenhal starting with taylor on the bench?

3 if you count Gooch, who would have been a replacement for Boumsong.

I assumed we'd want to keep taylor starting though, and let him develop into a good player.  And i wouldnt have though ben haim or this guy would come to be on the bench.  So ben haim and rozenhal starting with taylor on the bench?

Well i don't know for certain but if i was to guess i would say Taylor and Ben Haim would start the season together. Then again i have a funny feeling we might be starting the season with 3 at the back. Don't know why though.