Weekends Internationals

KaKa

Wales vs. Czech Republic was a pretty good game.

It was only Wales but I liked the look of Rozenhal. Very fluid, athletic and pacy for such a tall guy. Also did a good job of bending his knees and getting nice and low when in one on ones with quick players, making it hard for them to go past him. Very promising.

Ryan Giggs being applauded off by the very fans he willingly refused to play in front of on dozens of occasions. 60 odd caps in 16 years suggests he held Wales in very low esteem.

Thick Welsh twats.

blueyes.gif

Pulled out of 18 consecutive friendlies iirc.

Bit off track but if anyone is interested the Toulon tournament is running at the moment. Eurosports just had Germany v Ivory Coast on and now France v Japan is on Eurosports 2.

Bit off track but if anyone is interested the Toulon tournament is running at the moment. Eurosports just had Germany v Ivory Coast on and now France v Japan is on Eurosports 2.

Isn't that Under-18s or something? I've often flicked that on in the past, but just find most of the games completely rotten.

Isn't that Under-18s or something? I've often flicked that on in the past, but just find most of the games completely rotten.

Under 20 I believe. Can't say I've seen many Toulon matches but France v Japan has been pretty decent so far.

So N'Zogbia can't even get in the France U21s OR the Toulon squad. Something wrong there, or is he simply just not as good as we think?

He' hardly played this season though.

Guest gggg

Ryan Giggs being applauded off by the very fans he willingly refused to play in front of on dozens of occasions. 60 odd caps in 16 years suggests he held Wales in very low esteem.

Thick Welsh twats.

the only games he didnt play in were frendlies against the likes of macedonia, hardly a huge loss.

Plus he missed out on about 20 caps due to Wales never playing in a major tournament.

So N'Zogbia can't even get in the France U21s OR the Toulon squad. Something wrong there, or is he simply just not as good as we think?

This.

This.

Is not the reason why..

Actually i think the Le Harve thing is still keeping him from getting selected for the French squad.

I also bet he's played just as much football for us this season, as what Diaby & Diarra have for Arsenal & Chelsea this season, yet they're in the senior squad. And don't use the "but N'Zogbia doesn't play for one of the big clubs" argument because it didn't stop Boumsong getting a regular place for France during the 2005-6 season up until the World Cup!

Wasn't it first some sort of punishment for his move to Newcastle which was violating the French regulations to prevent the moves abroad from youth players (the French FA didn't want to call him up as long as the trial at the CAS was pending)? I think the French FA still bear a grudge. Add to it his poor season and it's not really surprising, is it.

Yeah that's true. Has there been any more on that?

Not that I am aware of. I think the French lost interest to pursue it further. I couldn't find any judgement in the official database when I looked (quickly) some time ago. They probably either dropped it or there was some settlement.

Oh yes, and Jormany beat the mighty San Marino 6-0. Yeah!

Last year there was some youth tournment (can't remember anything about it aside from the fact that Ukraine have a brilliant player called Artem Milevesky)

I think Holland won it, but i remember that France were forced to withrew N'Zogbia out of their squad because Le Harve didnt want him to play because our problem with them are still not solved.

Not that I am aware of. I think the French lost interest to pursue it further. I couldn't find any judgement in the official database when I looked (quickly) some time ago. They probably either dropped it or there was some settlement.

19-0 aggregate scoreline.

19-0 aggregate scoreline.

San Marino did well/were lucky to hold onto a 0-0 nearly 'til half time. Wasn't a good performance from Germany and Lehmann should have been sent off when it was still 0-0 for a blatant handball outside the box.