Gokdeniz Karadeniz

Skirge

Guest khyberpass

Can't see that he adds anything over Zoggie?  Apart from being a pal for Emre to have a kebab with! :D

http://www.trabzonspor.org.tr/ing/squadist.asp?id=262

He is 1.67m tall :D fkn smaller than Emre and Oba, its one extreame to the other with his height.. Makes him about 5' 4"

Position :  Midfielder

Shirt number :  61

Date of birth: 11.01.1980

Place of birth : Giresun

Height : 167 cm

Weight : 64 kg

Shoe size : 40

Marital status : Married

Date joined club : 02.06.2005

Contract expires club : 31.05.2009

Previous clubs : Yeniyolspor (Giresun)

A swift gander on youtube shows him to be a neat, skilful player. Scores a crackin goal in a 4-1 win in one of the vids.

You can scratch your heads all you like but when Sam finds players who will cost around the £1m mark, theres no finacial risk at all.

I'd happily have ten £1m potential quality players than just one £10m player  blueyes.gif

The bigger our squad this year, the better.

Guest khyberpass

A swift gander on youtube shows him to be a neat, skilful player. Scores a crackin goal in a 4-1 win in one of the vids.

You can scratch your heads all you like but when Sam finds players who will cost around the £1m mark, theres no finacial risk at all.

I'd happily have ten £1m potential quality players than just one £10m player  blueyes.gif

The bigger our squad this year, the better.

Good quote about the size of our squad IF the players brought in improve on the squad we already have...just not sure that this guy does?

I remember watching him playing for Turkey in the last Confederations Cup.

He was very impressive and caught a lot of people’s eyes.

I’m very surprised that he hasn’t moved to a better league since then. (Maybe he lost his way a bit?)

But for 1m I would bring him here, definitely.

And yes, I think he’s capable of playing on the left and in the centre.

Saw him in one game, thats it

Pretty average imo, can be a good reserves player.

How, in fuck's name, can you say that you've seen him once in your life - then have the audacity to make a judgement such as that?

Never heard of him, personally.

Guest Knightrider

Never seen him play but at that price he could be a good find and I'm liking being linked with such unknowns as it adds a certain degree of interest and excitement to the proceedings and going for a winger who seems to be able to play on both flanks would be wise given Duff's injury, the uncertainty over N'Zogbia's future as well as Dyer's, the fact that Milner isn't really one and that Nobby is getting on a bit and will probably be used mainly as right-back until his time on Tyneside is up.

Guest AceDeuce

he's a great player. the heart of his club. he can play left and right wing.

you should search for his goal against greece. 4-1. brilliant maradona style.

Of all the unknowns that Robson paid (significant money) for, Bassedas was the only one that came off particularly badly*. Gavilan next, probably. That's not to say he didn't wast emoney elsewhere...

*To be fair, Viana was one of the most highly rated youngsters in Europe.

I'm all in support of Allardyce, but people are going way over board about his bargain signings. For every Okocha, Campo & Ben Haim, there's a Jardel, Ba, Fadiga & Cesar.

And them players you mentioned first, turned them into a damned good team.

Just like with Robson. For every Bellamy, Robert and Woodgate, there was a Bassedas, Cort and Viana. And we finished 4th, 3rd and 5th.

I'd be content with a ratio such as that!

Guest Knightrider

I'm all in support of Allardyce, but people are going way over board about his bargain signings. For every Okocha, Campo & Ben Haim, there's a Jardel, Ba, Fadiga & Cesar.

But the key with the former names mentioned, they weren't signed on big deals or anything like that, they were brought in basically to have a good long hard look at and were peddled as quickly as they were signed having obviously failed to impress in one form or another. Makes a change from our versions of such players, like Clarkie who was only meant to train with us - ends up as reserve team coach - and Pav, just visiting mates, ends up getting a game.

Allardyce rarely gets it wrong wheeling and deeling. The players that were signed at Bolton only not to work out either all arrived on loan, on a free or on trial. The rest have all been a hit or played their part even if small.

padding out our thin squad is a good thing.  DOnt think we can rely on nzobia not to throw a tantrum, so we need cover.

Sam cant make big name signings till the takeover is sorted.  Although i guess hes spoken to ashley and has a trasfer budget penciled in??

All on short term deals though which was key so even if they didn't work out they weren't clogging up the wage bill for years to come when they weren't wanted like we often experience.

All on short term deals though which was key so even if they didn't work out they weren't clogging up the wage bill for years to come when they weren't wanted like we often experience.

If I recall during Sams previous deals at Bolton, I doubt he'd be one to get new players on crazy wages. I think he'd get the players and tell them straight that the deal is a fair one on good money but not stupid money.

Hopefully with a new chairman, we won't be signing players and putting them straight onto daft wages. I'm confident Sam would have the wage structure under more control, although I realise that wouldn't be his job.

He just seems more realistic and sensible to what we've had in the past. He'd not pay crazy prices unless he thought it was absolutely worth it.

Unfortunately with this boardroom bollocks dragging on for what seems months now, we don't know if he'll be able to offer silly money. Even if he could I still think he'd only pay sensible fees and wages

Guest mishka17

don't know the lad, but sounds to me that, it's a SA "who da fook is that" transfer type

Guest smoggeordie

he's a great player. no doubt.

you guys will be surprised when he arrives here.

Great is a word overused nowadays.

Guest Marauder1905

He's a good player...just a little inconsistent...It surely is a bargain for 1m though...That price tag is there only if he leaves the country; he'd be much more expensive to buy in Turkey